How do the new pets feel in pve and wvw?

anduriell.6280

Chak is generally good for couple of things in WvW which Ill get into detail alter.

Shark is very good with untamed as you can reposition its engage. There used to be a trick where taunt would go off first before the knock up but I think it got bugged out so that isnt really viable anymore.

Chak is pretty good if you are planning for 2 things, having a range pet to harass and comboing leaps with lightning field for the nice Dazes. Its like wyvern but squishier and has range capabilities. More suitable for duels tbh or PvP, have a defense pet ready if they decide to focus dpsing your pet down.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

The Chak is just squishy so unless you plan on merging with it for a power Soulbeast then I don't think it is worth it.

I don't use the shark so I don't know how good it is. 

Such a disappointment to hear the balance team still apply the pvp small scale hp numbers to the pets in a grand scale pvp mode with much higher damage. A shame as at least the chak seemed like a visually clean and maybe a fun pet to have. 

Maces do not look like any fun and very spammy with those muddy animations , hammer is a world of clunky. 
It seems there is nothing in this expansion for me but thank you for the input. 

10 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Such a disappointment to hear the balance team still apply the pvp small scale hp numbers to the pets in a grand scale pvp mode with much higher damage. A shame as at least the chak seemed like a visually clean and maybe a fun pet to have. 

Maces do not look like any fun and very spammy with those muddy animations , hammer is a world of clunky. 
It seems there is nothing in this expansion for me but thank you for the input. 

I mean it's not all bad they both provide something new to Ranger but currently we don't have many ways to improve pet durability in PvP. I believe the Chak when testing it kept running into melee for one of its skills so turtle was almost always better. 

It kind of depends on what you are after. For me I want CC and defence on my pets. The extra damage or utility like stealth isn't really my playstyle. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2024 at 3:10 PM, anduriell.6280 said:

The chak and the earth shark, are they any good? Chak probably is fun in pve because of the electric ranged attack but what about wvw? 

Chak could use some improvements, I believe adding a (3 second) slow to it alongside its cripple would be perfect, mimicking the chak that you fight rather than just being weaker. I look at it almost like a power oriented iboga, but lacking damage and that little bit of slow to make it unique for how glassy it is. It also competes with other CC pets like Gazelle and lightning wyvern which are more resilient and just a reliable.

I personally use the shark on my druids roaming build. Has good dps and a little bit of AoE which helps my build a bit more so than other options.