Dan´s balance wishlist. Updated: 16.5.24

DanAlcedo.3281

Knockup is the strongest form of cc and the only cc affecting downstate. Stomp is one of the few AOE CC options for core warrior. Knockback can be very strong in PvP especially if it hits 360 degrees arround. Turning everything to knockdown is just borring, bland and a loss of utility.

You can already combo Hammer 4 into any other hammer skill as well as any other burst skill on any other weapon except underwater weapons for obvious reasons. There are also various options for stomp. You need to move in order to combo but landing such combos is more satisfying anyways. Just because you can not combo into arcing slice without waiting a tiny bit depending on distance does not make it bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I want Dragon Trigger to replace the Gunsaber set and I want Bladesworns to be able to use two weapon loadouts. I honestly hate Gunsaber set and wouldn't be sad to see it gone or reworked into another weapon (like maybe a special Rifle variant for Bladesworns, idk.) 

We don't need Flow. It's a stupid mechanic changed to be "different". Just make it 3 Adrenaline bars like a normal Warrior. Each Dragon Slash action costs an Adrenaline bar. The shadowstep and Aegis skills remain as they are now as cooldown skills. 

Immortal Dragon affects Dragon Slash Force, for players who wish to stand their ground. 

Unyielding Dragon affects Dragon Slash Boost, for players who wish to use Dragon Slash for mobility.

Daring Dragon affects Dragon Slash Reach, for players who wish to use Dragon Slash from safety.

If a player wants to enter Dragon Trigger and use Dragon Slash Boost 3 times to dash 750 range x3, LET THEM DO IT. IT'S AN AWESOME FANTASY. Rebalance this in competitive if you must, but this must be fun for the player in the first place. If the player is acting as the group's Alac DPS, they can now formulate their rotation to charge Adrenaline bars to pop off Dragon Slash Reach and then swap back to their rotation. 

Edited by Yasai.3549

13 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

I want Dragon Trigger to replace the Gunsaber set and I want Bladesworns to be able to use two weapon loadouts. I honestly hate Gunsaber set and wouldn't be sad to see it gone or reworked into another weapon (like maybe a special Rifle variant for Bladesworns, idk.) 

We don't need Flow. It's a stupid mechanic changed to be "different". Just make it 3 Adrenaline bars like a normal Warrior. Each Dragon Slash action costs an Adrenaline bar. The shadowstep and Aegis skills remain as they are now as cooldown skills. 

Immortal Dragon affects Dragon Slash Force, for players who wish to stand their ground. 

Unyielding Dragon affects Dragon Slash Boost, for players who wish to use Dragon Slash for mobility.

Daring Dragon affects Dragon Slash Reach, for players who wish to use Dragon Slash from safety.

If a player wants to enter Dragon Trigger and use Dragon Slash Boost 3 times to dash 750 range x3, LET THEM DO IT. IT'S AN AWESOME FANTASY. Rebalance this in competitive if you must, but this must be fun for the player in the first place. If the player is acting as the group's Alac DPS, they can now formulate their rotation to charge Adrenaline bars to pop off Dragon Slash Reach and then swap back to their rotation. 

I'd argue that the point made at the end there was how Daring Dragon was supposed to be: let the Bladesworn customize their flow use with several attacks be they all reach or boost or whatever combo you wanted. Unyielding Dragon was supposed to be the strongest hit for your 'standing still' buck and Immortal Dragon being something else...sustain mostly but I found this mostly superfluous....

I think if they did want to alter the GM traits to have each have an additional favor to a certain DS, Daring Dragon would be boost, Unyielding Dragon would be Force and Immortal Dragon would be reach.  I'm sure everyone has their own interpretation on how Bladesworn should be reworked though. 

• DanAlcedo.3281 changed the title to Dan´s balance wishlist. Updated: 16.5.24
20 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Crushing Blow:

• Reduced cooldown to 10s.

Along with a plea from the devs to please play this weapon.

I play Power Dps Spellbreaker with Mace instead of Axe offhand. The dps is actually not bad. But being able to get 2 Crushing Blows into the rotation would help a lot.