Left mouse click doesn't work from time to time.

Hi, I don't know if this is the right section, but I need your help, so it probably it is 😄

Recently it happens that my left click doesn't work, while I'm fighting, and always in raids (when it often means that I'll die or let someone else die, when I play healer). Few days ago it happened during Sabetha and today during Matthias. During Sabetha I couldn't even click on "retry from last checkpoint", after dying, so I had to restart the PC... (no character menu). I tried to change mouse, when I couldn't click, but with no avail, so it doesn't seem a problem with my mouse. I played 2 different classes, and in-between I also changed keyboard and it still happens.

I really don't know what it could be. Any wild guess? I didn't change keybinds recently, just added a legendary set to the armory, but I don't see how this could affect it. The only weird combination of keys seems caps lock while clicking, but it's not that. And it's not even the camera mode, accidentally.

My "wild guess" is that you have a key that's bound between multiple apps.  Since this only happens during raids, if you have some team speak program active in the background, there's a chance that you're accidentally pressing a key that's bound on the chat-app.  This could confuse your computer, and make it think that you're trying to navigate in the speaking program, thus nullifying all of the left-clicks in GW2 instead.

Edited by Blood Red Arachnid.2493
  • Like 4

This sounds like a lot of difficult to recreate issues. I have experienced this bug after some time playing. Other times trying to reverse on a mount doesn't work, when in a chair the camera snaps back behind character when rotating camera around your player. The only resolution I find is to restart the game.

Edited by Tiamat.8254
Typo
  • Like 1

You said you couldn’t even click the standard retry from checkpoint button so it’s absolutely not a gw2 issue.  You also switched mice and still had the same problem, although if the new mouse still used the same mouse driver or manufacturer mouse software it’s always possible (but very unlikely) that the mouse is a problem. 

it’s probably an issue with an overlay or addon. Both can put invisible windows over gw2 effectively intercepting and eating the mouse clicks, not allowing them to pass through to the game. 

if you are using discord, disable its overlay. You can still voice chat by doing that. Stop using any gw2 overlays or addons like arcdps, taco and blish or whatever else you may have. If the problem stays away, you know it’s not the game or your mouse. Then it’s a matter of slowly adding things back until they break again then the last thing added back is your culprit. You can decide if it won’t play well with other addons or if it has a setting you can change to fix it or simply don’t use it. 

Edited by Tinker.6924
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Thank you guys. I also have the feeling that it was some shortcut that activated some overlay, as I could hear the mouse click, but it simply didn't go through. I did a pass and removed a lot of useless keybind. If the problem persists, I found an offline keylogger: I could install it to understand what combination of keys triggers this behaviour.

Cheers!

Edited by Urud.4925

1 hour ago, Urud.4925 said:

I found an offline keylogger

I wouldn't recommend that.  If it's a problem caused by a crash or bug where the overlay stopped responding a keylogger won't necessarily narrow it down.  A keylogger would create a security hole you don't want on your pc and anyone else that used your PC was aware it had a keylogger may react in a very hostile way towards you because keyloggers are used for bad things. 

• Like 3

On 4/8/2024 at 5:11 PM, Atoclone.4810 said:

This sounds similar to an issue a friend has who has narrowed it down to blish.

Some blish addons come with keybinding that I already have in use and overwrite those so that my own don't work. E.g I've the personal marker on alt+t and that loaded the tp overlay from a tp addon -.-

Unfortunately those addons come with ready bindings, they should come with none and let the user decide whether they even want one (I don't want any at all, most are already taken anyway).

• Confused 1