Lyhr the noob trapper.

Lyhr have lots of purchases for Legendary armor with a extra pay of 10 Ectoplasms.

Some seems theres to help people that don't have level 500 craft.

But others like Gift of Astral Ward have only 2 ways to acquire, Lyhr or Mystic Forge, so the 10 extra ectos are on Lyhr for the sake of? noob trap? 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_the_Astral_Ward

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

Posted (edited)

the only item winning is Gift of Research, 10 ectos(lyhr) = 3,57 gold on TP. 250 thermocata(mystic forge) is 3,70 on vendor.

Edit: i missread the cost, even gift of research is a noob trap.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

the only item winning is Gift of Research, 10 ectos(lyhr) = 3,57 gold on TP. 250 thermocata(mystic forge) is 3,70 on vendor.

Not sure what you mean, buying Gift of Research from Lyhr still costs the 500 thermocatalytic reagents, plus the 10 ectos.

All of it is one giant noob trap because if you try to avoid crafting by paying the ecto tax on everything, you need an extra 6,000 ectos, or 2,000g. But leveling all 3 armor crafting disciplines to 500 only costs a total of 130g if you do it the lazy expensive way.

Edited by Shaman.2034
OP addressed Gift of Research
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Shaman.2034 said:

Not sure what you mean, buying Gift of Research from Lyhr still costs the 500 thermocatalytic reagents, plus the 10 ectos.

ur right i missread the cost and edited the post.

6 minutes ago, Shaman.2034 said:

All of it is one giant noob trap because if you try to avoid crafting by paying the ecto tax on everything, you need an extra 6,000 ectos, or 2,000g. But leveling all 3 armor crafting disciplines to 500 only costs a total of 130g if you do it the lazy expensive way.

thats HUGE!!

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Only thing to reasonably pay Lyhr for is the final craft. 60 extra ectos for a whole set isn't bad if you have said set's weight crafting profession under level 100 or whatever, but have at least one of the other weight crafting professions maxed to craft other needed components.

Honestly, I don't know why anet put free mystic forge recipes into the items that Lyhr can "help" you with. That's pretty much just a troll move on their part.

Edited by firedragon.8953
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, firedragon.8953 said:

Only thing to reasonably pay Lyhr for is the final craft. 60 extra ectos for a whole set isn't bad if you have said set's weight crafting profession under level 100 or whatever, but have at least one of the other weight crafting professions maxed to craft other needed components.

Honestly, I don't know why anet put free mystic forge recipes into the items that Lyhr can "help" you with. That's pretty much just a troll move on their part.

Anet trolling players by putting Vendors in the game with insanely overpriced items in nothing new. 

Just look at the skirmish vendor when it was released. Getting an Ascended item from the vendor did cost more then crafting and you had to pay time gated mats on top. 

250 Memories of Battle for an exo? When one was worth as much as a Ecto. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Thanks 2

Would anyone complain if instead they'd made them tradable, so players who don't want to craft could buy them (likely at a similar markup) from players who do?

I don't remember anyone saying buying Shards of Glory or Memories of Battle to make a legendary. Or non-legendary items, I made quite a bit of gold when the Season 4 skyscale collection was new by making and selling grow lamps and extra-pungent skyscale treats.

I don't mind crafting in GW2 but I've paid to skip other things I didn't want to do, like buying Shards of Glory. I'm told it's quick and easy to get enough for a legendary, but I'd rather just buy them and not have to deal with it at all.

Also if someone is so new and inexperienced that they don't think to check for other ways to get an item and assume the first one they come across is the only option and the worst that happens is they waste 10 ectoplasm I'd say that's not too bad. There's a lot worse or more expensive mistakes they could be making.

• Thanks 1

Eh, I think the main plus point on having all the required stuff as vendor options on Lyhr is that it gives a nice overview of all the stuff you need. So you can just visit him and check his vendor list to see what things you are missing. I find that more convenient than using an external website, even if I end up crafting it all myself instead.

While it can be considered a noob trap, I assume even a new player will quickly realize how pricy it is to pay some extra ectos for each craft - then either learning may occur, or the continuous paying of extra ectos down the drain.

Edited by Chyro.1462
  • Thanks 1