your Thoughts on quitting i middle of a match?

trunks.5249

I like a comeback and tough fights as much as anyone. It makes the game interesting. But there is a possible comeback and just fighting against an impossible tide. Especially when we have quitters. 5 guys fighting to the end of a losing battle can be honourable and satisfying to an extent. But if part of your team just gives up, it's just discouraging. I think a surrendering system should be introduced like in GW1. Watching your soulless team give up and watch the points go up slowly can just be painful.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:I dislike quitters in general. Still, I've been know to afk when there's a total blowout.. recently my ( unranked ) team faced a party of scourge / fb and another scourge + war and guard if memory serves.

We had no reasonable chance. I come to pvp to play, not be a punching bag for someone else's sadism. That's where I draw the line, when it's no longer a game and I'm simply being used.

Lol and yet you still plays GW2. You sure you don't like being a punching bag? Because if that was the case then you won't be playing PU Mesmer, GW2's PvP for that matter.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@Razor.6392 said:Last minute comebacks in this game, compared to other team games I've played, are almost impossible. Needing to hold 3 nodes as the enemy team's score of 480 nears 500 is very tough. You need a lot of coordination to hold against a 5 man attack on a single node (and to predict their rotation) when all they need is a couple more seconds (or 2-3 kills) to secure the victory, while it takes zero coordination from their part to have one sneaky thief get a cap on your home or mid while you fight elsewhere.

Sometimes, it only takes one teamfight at mid to know what kind of teammates you got, and that it's best to take it easy and kitten around for the rest of the match (not necessarily afk). When you see them chase off someone and leave the point uncapped, when you see them channel a stomp when their downed teammate has 5% health left, when you see your warrior or guard somehow go down in 1 second at the start of the fight, etc.

That's utterly toxic.Please don't ever end up in my matches with that attitude.

I'm not in bronze so that won't happen =D

If I am capping close at the start of the match and one donkey goes far only to die (and keeps doing this), while the other three die in mid fight die in less then two seconds, I leave my computer and do some dishes/laundry/vacuum/takeash*t. I have better things to do... I ain’t 15 years old anymore and got better things to do then wasting my time in a team full of moles with keyboards.

@"FOX.3582" said:If I am capping close at the start of the match and one donkey goes far only to die (and keeps doing this), while the other three die in mid fight die in less then two seconds, I leave my computer and do some dishes/laundry/vacuum/takeash*t. I have better things to do... I ain’t 15 years old anymore and got better things to do then wasting my time in a team full of moles with keyboards.

I couldn't be more agree with you. 85 % of the games you are forced to play with some pve scrubs and people who use cursor of the map to target , all they can do is saying " report for afk". Well if you want that pips farm,chests farm , whatever farm just you have to learn to use every game cause you dont deserver to be carried. There is no game in the world where someone will carry you , thats like real life. If you cant stand 10 seconds without die 1 vs 3 and roaming hard far,close,mid than dont play ranked at all or stop crying.You deserve to lose. I do stay afk most of the time , i preffet to watch series and youtube videos instead some poor brain people who chase someone 1 vs 3 around the map being completly useless expecting to get chests , pips , tokens , doing achivements with a very first time class or whatever. L2p is not an issue in GW2 ranked. There is not real balance in MM cause there are not people. How often you insta que after you lose a game ? (me 90 % of the time ) than you wait 5 minutes and you get the same scrubs 5 games in a row ... Not much to say. Keep farm and hard trying , thats what killed this game pvp . There is no competition. Maybe its made cause you dont have to play more that 3 games per 24 hours cause otherwise every legendary player will get this 20 gold in less than hour by being goood ... What does mean good in this game when the classes are not even balanced and i mean not even 1 of them ? Are there just people with luck being noobs someone carry them and people who are trying hard againts the strongest opponent THE QUE. IF you wonder who i am here we are :

https://imgur.com/a/dMqGs

And i have a lot more trying hard to carry people but not anymore , cause that is not how you suppose to get fun of the game ... Now my goals are to get in Bronze 1 and to help others to get there with me and to stay there, something like "Purify the que" . Have a nice time and enjoy the game.

Shrugs I think Afk's and Disconnects should be handled differently - and salty people should be given the option to "resign" from the match (I seriously can't stand their bullshit, and don't want them there). By doing so, the enemy team would have to vollunteer X amount of players to be locked back at spawn. Once someone on their team dies, the locked player can re-enter the match, and the person who dies waits at spawn until it's their turn. People who resign would get penalties, like not getting pips or rewards, but at least they wouldn't have to play with the "idiots" and watch their youtube videos of cats or whatever.

4v4 is a lot more fun than 5v4 IMO, for both the winning and the losing side. Nobody enjoys a lopsided match.

@"Westenev.5289" said:Shrugs I think Afk's and Disconnects should be handled differently - and salty people should be given the option to "resign" from the match (I seriously can't stand their kitten, and don't want them there). By doing so, the enemy team would have to vollunteer X amount of players to be locked back at spawn. Once someone on their team dies, the locked player can re-enter the match, and the person who dies waits at spawn until it's their turn. People who resign would get penalties, like not getting pips or rewards, but at least they wouldn't have to play with the "idiots" and watch their youtube videos of cats or whatever.

4v4 is a lot more fun than 5v4 IMO, for both the winning and the losing side. Nobody enjoys a lopsided match.

i can assure you i enjoy watching my youtube videos the same way some people enjoy running mid and dies 24/7 or just chasing some player 3 vs 1 around the map.Here i am trolling

https://imgur.com/a/EE7gY

A bad match is a time waste for everyone - but it's also a time waste if you have to wait for players raging in the map chat on others or getting ganked at mid, since you decided that your team does not deserve the honor of your high presence. Justifying to go AFK is always selfish and the POV of someone believing he does better than others and therefore is allowed ti turn back on his team. Looking for good reasons to go AFK I can find plenty: having to answer the door, looking after a crying child, shutting the window as it starts to rain, going to the kitchen when the alarm rings and what else. Although all these are good reasons, you can bet that my team gets angry while they have to play a 4vs5 and I could just have left the match to spare them the rating loss. The same applies for the protest attitude that your team deserves punishment for bad play and so you go afk. Just disconnect and don't waste your time but at least don't waste the time of your team members still trying!

And the so famous argument that a team is so bad that it cannot even be "carried" is laughable at best and a contradiction by itself. Either a team is good, it does not need to be carried. And if you cannot carry a bad team you are just not good enough to carry. It's simple as that (just beside the fact that it generally is not possible to win a match just by yourself if the enemy team is stronger than your comrades and you). If you see truly good players (on the right class) carry a team, you get a good idea of what this expression actually means. A lot of people nowadays just use it as excuse to not having to questions their own self perceived superiority, although they "try so hard" - totally ignoring that their team members might try as hard. People, you should get used to the fact that communication and supporting your team when it's week, gives a much better chance to win than crying about all the pathetic a**holes that just won't adapt to our personal play style.

Archived