oonga boonga ranger

Posted (edited)

I don't see any reason what so ever that a spec should have "avoid me" status, its aweful uninteractive pvp. If I wanted to avoid pvp i'd play pve?

I wish to god they would buff core engi already, so we might get some interesting side noding for once.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Frequency.6407 said:

Checked metabattle for lulz.

Untamed mace/mace is meta now.

2 out of 3 comments saying basically saying abuse the spec before it's nerfed.

It's more broken than staff warrior was, but harder to play, so glad im not in high plat having to deal with that bs in competent hands.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 5/8/2024 at 11:39 AM, Flowki.7194 said:

It's more broken than staff warrior was, but harder to play, so glad im not in high plat having to deal with that bs in competent hands.

It's no worse than hammer Vindi is atm.  Easier to run out of stunbreaks and dodges as M/M ranger than it is for Vindi to run out of evades.  

Maces aren't even the problematic part, it's the NM/WS combo making easy bunker, but anet knew that before pushing the changes just by reading the trait descriptions.  Suspect they hit that first (probably WK) because they like blanket nerfs to cripple the core class instead of balancing out certain specs.  

Anyway, still easy to beat M/M with condi spam as WK/TU isn't enough of a heal and you will die to poison + other condis fairly quickly in any sustained fight.  Half the playerbase seems unsure where their keys are so of course the mettabattler sees it as oppressive.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

It's no worse than hammer Vindi is atm.  Easier to run out of stunbreaks and dodges as M/M ranger than it is for Vindi to run out of evades.  

Maces aren't even the problematic part, it's the NM/WS combo making easy bunker, but anet knew that before pushing the changes just by reading the trait descriptions.  Suspect they hit that first (probably WK) because they like blanket nerfs to cripple the core class instead of balancing out certain specs.  

Anyway, still easy to beat M/M with condi spam as WK/TU isn't enough of a heal and you will die to poison + other condis fairly quickly in any sustained fight.  Half the playerbase seems unsure where their keys are so of course the mettabattler sees it as oppressive.  

Evades are annoying, I get it. The difference for me is that with vindi mechanics, you can land damage/cc between evades from the very start of the fight, which forces a noticable reaction or else they quickly die (it also only has 1 CC). I only have duels vs p1/2 untamed to go off atm, but the mechanics are much different. There is a decent amount of CC/barrier+stealth, and there is not a "time it right" factor given the barrier/counter CC options to negate pressure. Since I have not really seen any average to "decent" mace untamed, I do't know if they can be punished as easy as similar level vindi.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Evades are annoying, I get it. The difference for me is that with vindi mechanics, you can land damage/cc between evades from the very start of the fight, which forces a noticable reaction or else they quickly die (it also only has 1 CC). I only have duels vs p1/2 untamed to go off atm, but the mechanics are much different. There is a decent amount of CC/barrier+stealth, and there is not a "time it right" factor given the barrier/counter CC options to negate pressure. Since I have not really seen any average to "decent" mace untamed, I do't know if they can be punished as easy as similar level vindi.

What do you duel M/M Untamed on?

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

What do you duel M/M Untamed on?

I play a hybrid core rev group fight spec, which also turns out to be a decent dueler.

Don't get it twisted, I am not expecting to consistantly beat p2 players on power specs with this build, thats besides the point. What I am getting at, is that in the continuity of duels vs p1+ power specs (vindi, holo, weaver, untamed, scrapper, etc) there are clear differences in how the fights went, what specs had to continually reset or lose, etc. The untamed p2s never had to reset once, the last time I had those kind of duels was vs staff SPB. The times I seen a p+ untamed have to reset, it was fighting a similar level druid, or power mirage. I even watched a core mace ranger slapping plat vindis and so on, but maybe there was a wide skill gap p1-p3?

Edited by Flowki.7194

Posted (edited)

Omg cmon man.. I just jumped on the meta untamed build for the first time and beat a plat vindi just by smashing buttons, 5k crit 5k crit 5k crit daze stun daze stun

This is broken

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Omg cmon man.. I just jumped on the meta untamed build for the first time and beat a plat vindi just by smashing buttons, 5k crit 5k crit 5k crit daze stun daze stun

This is broken

What buttons did you smash?

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

This is broken

I was a witness of this exact historic event when I logged in (no sarcasm)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

This is broken

I want to play untamed now 😋

dude..it is literally hammer warrior 3.0 PRO MAX

warrior has a GM trait to get quickness on disable

another GM trait to get stab on disable

on 2 different core lines.

untamed get both on 1 single master trait....

and that's only 1 of a trillion reasons why it is hammer warrior 3.0 PRO MAX, such as also having 2 domes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

What buttons did you smash?

The ones that do 5k damage, stun and daze 😜 Oh, and an 8k AOE auto attack that also comes with stability. I think he was dead before that though.

Obviosuly it takes skill to use properly, im losing duels vs competent players mostly, but cmon.. it will only get better with more practice, like pet 2 after one of your many CC options, giving a nice 3 second slow, things like that.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

What Private Server you playing on? 😂

The only people down playing the stab/cc/dmg access are the ones playing it. I have not took the time to get good on it, and probably won't, becuase nerfs are very clearly inc.. you simply cannot duel this spec (as in dominate it off the point) outside of a few builds. Dodge/block the CC? get hit by decent damage, dodge the damage? Get hit by CC and take damage anyway. CC the untamed? It has 3x stunbreaks, assuming you can land your own CC between dodging all of its.. and its stab jumps. It has about as much stab uptime as the old cata did, yet 5X the sustain/cc. The CC alone is rediculous, 2x ranged pet CC, and what, 6 cc's across maces?

I also dueled a good player who was using an off meta condi virsion. No offense to him (I can link the vid) but he ate almost every CC, all of my damage, and never dropped below 50% once. I dodge most of the key things also, but got wittled down. This same build I use is killing SPBs, druids, scourge, and other such specs fast, if they eat that same cc/damage. I am using condi, and it obviously can be cleansed, but should a spec be able to eat all cc/damage and survive? The duel took nion 1 min of that, constant CCing him, and applying damage, which was continually being cleansed. Where is the punishment?

Just got out a ranked game with 3x untamed. I was hoping it would be too hard at lower levels but thats not seeming to be the case. They had 2x untamed, SPB, and a bunker core gaurd. So whats the plan then, when all 4 of those specs basically require a 45+ second dual (best case in that they fk something up) or just "ignore them".  The unpunishables meta 😜 

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1

Clearly Mace Mace ranger is overpeforming (with its multiple resources of stability plus a Elite Skill like mechanic on the Mace/Mace Set Up) but so is vindicator with its 1 billion dodges and doing 6-8k hits with every single dmging weapon skill it got (while having an evade doing 4k+ at the same time) ...... both Builds should be adressed and nerfed lmao. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

Clearly Mace Mace ranger is overpeforming (with its multiple resources of stability plus a Elite Skill like mechanic on the Mace/Mace Set Up) but so is vindicator with its 1 billion dodges and doing 6-8k hits with every single dmging weapon skill it got (while having an evade doing 4k+ at the same time) ...... both Builds should be adressed and nerfed lmao. 

so is condi core warrior with staff still, need in most cases 3 players to get ones knowing what they're doing down.

And yes this was on vindicator, so that also says enough about the warrior self sustain combined with staff

It's less played, but just wait till more people get on that bandwagon if someone well known streams it and wins like in mat

Edited by arazoth.7290
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

@arazoth.7290 wait condi staff warr? Bruh does that kitten deal even any kind of dmg? xD. Gues its the typical me tanky me warr kind of build and can do nothing more than just that against maybe 2 Players max (when good played against Bad). 

Its not like a vindi that can do exactly this (when well Played) but also does omega hard hitting skills at the same time kekw

59 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@arazoth.7290 wait condi staff warr? Bruh does that kitten deal even any kind of dmg? xD. Gues its the typical me tanky me warr kind of build and can do nothing more than just that against maybe 2 Players max (when good played against Bad). 

Its not like a vindi that can do exactly this (when well Played) but also does omega hard hitting skills at the same time kekw

good enough to side node duelist holding it and if you stay in the condi long enough it kills yes.

it could face tank 2 and 3 with some kiting, but that's enough to outnumber the map if you would keep wasting time on it.

Hammer vindi can't by far face tank this casually while staying on node... unless there is a big skill difference like you could even possibly do with condi Herald tbf.

If you outnumber a vindi he won't go full offensive, which limits his damage because they have to play more defensive. They will do some times some burst windows and then focus back of defensive. These burst windows are avoidable and any power vindi can easy be 1v2 if they would face tank a node. I am not talking about kiting here, because there are many ways other classes can waste the same amount of time by some well done kiting...

• Like 1