No more Guild Mission Puzzles?

Hey fellow Tyrians and Anet team,

I noticed that we didn't get any more Guild Mission Puzzles for over 6 weeks, almost 2 months now.
@Anet is that actually intended or pure coincidence and can we get them back?

I am running Guild Missions with multiple guilds per week and Puzzles are about the greatest joy we have when doing them but since we don't get them anymore we are all really sad. And I am sure I am not alone in missing the Puzzles.
Please help us to enjoy the content we love in the game so much even more again.

Love
Mouja

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

@Linken.6345
But that is still connected. Yes Guild Missions are kind of abandoned and we surely with to get more content but we also know it is no priority. But taking the existing Puzzles out of the rotation (if it was intentional) is really making things worse. The first 2 weeks I was simply sad. The 3rd and 4th I was angry and by now I just hope we get them back as it is so much fun competing in them. I once did a Duo Langmar Estate run with @seeeeew.3642 here just to prove that with enough dedication one does not need as many people as intended to. But with no Puzzles available at the moment even shenanigans like that are missing as we can only enter the puzzles for the guild mission or when the mmap instance has it not cleared which is suuuuuuper rare.

So yeah. even if not what you looked for, still related 🙂

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I don't have the patience for group gms so I normally just do the soloable ones which means this change is good for me, and I'm still disappointed by it. Hate to see more abandoned content : /

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I totally agree. Bring back the puzzles!

Our friends and family guild is pretty new and were only just reaching the point where we could do the puzzles and they disappeared! I've done one puzzle before with another guild and it was great fun. I'm very much looking forward to working them out with my main guild. It would be incredibly disappointing if after talking them up with my friends they are no longer available!

Edited by Mistwraithe.3106
  • Like 2

On 5/4/2024 at 8:44 AM, Linken.6345 said:

When I saw the thread title I was like yea we never got any more puzzles after the first three  ☺️.

And that is totaly not what this one was about.

It would be great if Anet added more guild missions including puzzles, but ye, our aim in this thread is not so high 😀

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I moved this to the bugs forum--I checked and it's not something we removed deliberately, so we're looking into it. Sorry this is happening!

you are the best Rubi ❤️

• Confused 1

Thank you so much for this post! 🥰
It's been 8 weeks as of this week so I'm happy ArenaNet have taken note and will/are working to fix this bug! ~

[MYTH] is really missing Guild Mission Puzzles right now! 😭
They are our favourite and always great to round off our Guild Missions evening!

• Like 3

Aside from the puzzles (which I dearly missed for the 8th week now) it would be really nice if, while you're looking at the Guild Missions, it would be possible to remove duplicate missions per week? While it's never a problem to have 2 or 3 bounties, treks, or races as long as they're different ones, it's always a bit of a shame to have the same race, challenge, or puzzle twice or sometimes even thrice.

On top of that, lower priority, but the Save Our Supplies mission feels woefully undertuned. When our guild does it, it mostly consists of us standing around and waiting for any mobs to spawn. It would be really neat if this could either be an increased amount of mobs spawned, or more of a bar of progress as opposed to the current timer.

Thanks for reading, and for the response either way! This is really old content, but it is also pretty much the only content that is solely dedicated to guilds, and I myself still participate in them nearly every week, usually with approximately 10 other players, and while going we always see other guilds do them as well.

• Like 5

On 5/7/2024 at 9:50 PM, Muhahalol.2169 said:

Aside from the puzzles (which I dearly missed for the 8th week now) it would be really nice if, while you're looking at the Guild Missions, it would be possible to remove duplicate missions per week? While it's never a problem to have 2 or 3 bounties, treks, or races as long as they're different ones, it's always a bit of a shame to have the same race, challenge, or puzzle twice or sometimes even thrice.

Oh yes please, I think we've had Southsun Crab Toss 4 times, if not 5, in the last 5 weeks. Make it stop 😭

• Haha 2

On 5/7/2024 at 3:50 PM, Muhahalol.2169 said:

On top of that, lower priority, but the Save Our Supplies mission feels woefully undertuned. When our guild does it, it mostly consists of us standing around and waiting for any mobs to spawn. It would be really neat if this could either be an increased amount of mobs spawned, or more of a bar of progress as opposed to the current timer.

Completely agreed with this. We no longer run Save Our Supplies on rotation, because the spawns are on a fixed timer. Others are fine, for example Scratch Sentry Defense, which due to power scaling is quickly defeated and moves on to the next round.

I'd love to see new challenges after all these years.

• Like 1

I heard from someone that this happened before, last year, and then lasted approximately 2 months. Kindof anecdotal of course, so take it with a grain of salt, but possibly not a unique case of bad RNG.

Personally, I subscribe to the theory that someone generated a certain mission table, populating it with randomly generated values, and that is now what is being run. So it's not manually set, but there is a schedule, if you catch my drift.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muhahalol.2169 said:

I heard from someone that this happened before, last year, and then lasted approximately 2 months. Kindof anecdotal of course, so take it with a grain of salt, but possibly not a unique case of bad RNG.

Personally, I subscribe to the theory that someone generated a certain mission table, populating it with randomly generated values, and that is now what is being run. So it's not manually set, but there is a schedule, if you catch my drift.

actually I don't remember we had a case of 2 Months without Puzzles before. I remember cases of up to 3 weeks in a row without Puzzles but no longer. And I do Guild Missions every week for more than 5 years now (and not regularly before that).

On 5/9/2024 at 3:51 AM, Sawyer.4127 said:

Oh yes please, I think we've had Southsun Crab Toss 4 times, if not 5, in the last 5 weeks. Make it stop 😭

I did not mean I wanted it twice in one week 😭

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Well puzzles are back in force \o/

Sad for me, but happy for the rest of you lol ; p

EDIT: Possibly unrelated but capping a single target on trek gave me the indicator for personal completion in guild panel but did not grant me the reward this week, capping a dif point did not resolve. This has probs been a bug all along just letting ppls know . . .

Edited by Gop.8713

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2024 at 11:46 AM, Gop.8713 said:

Well puzzles are back in force \o/

Sad for me, but happy for the rest of you lol ; p

EDIT: Possibly unrelated but capping a single target on trek gave me the indicator for personal completion in guild panel but did not grant me the reward this week, capping a dif point did not resolve. This has probs been a bug all along just letting ppls know . . .

You actually have to finish all targets for "Trek"s to get the guild reward while it is enough to get one target to get personal rewards. At Races you get the personal reward when an unspecific number of people are through the goal (often 1, 3 or 5 depending of the difficulty) and you only get the guild reward when a total of 15 players (of any guild) went through the finish line and you finish the race. For Puzzles you have to reach the end and claim the personal reward to get the reward for the guild and challenges you also have to finish completely to get both rewards. at Bounties you get the personal reward when you at least killed one of the targeted bounties but only when all bounties are defeated by guild members.

Hope that helps 🙂

Edited by Mouja.8130

Not at all, sry for confusion I suppose I expressed that poorly. I'm aware of all the various nuances of how gm rewards work. What I was saying was that while completing a single trek target gave the indicator for personal completion in the guild panel, it did not actually grant the personal reward indicated . . .