I DEMAND to be able to see who joins the party

I am tired of trolls merging the parties and getting me kicked out of instance. I tried to post on lfg that I was at boss in w2z3 and trolls joined and got me kicked out of instance. Why dont I see in chat who joined? You can see in chat who kicked you or who you voted to kick or who was kicked, but you cant see who joined? The only way to report those trolls is to make a ticket and that implies more work for both the support and the player since you have to provide the exact time and timezone and making tickets takes longer and is harder than just reporting. There is literally no reason to not have a message in chat that says "X joined your party" when X joins the party. I dont ask this for squads cuz you could receive "X joined the party" over 40 times if someone merges your squad with theirs, but with parties you can get a maximum of 4 such messages and I dont think it is too much to ask. This experience made me not want to lfg when I am at boss for SAB next year because not only I meet such ungrateful kitten trolls, but I cant even report them because of this horrible system. How can someone just kick you out of the instance simply by joining your party and you arent  even able to report it?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 2

I'd wager the vast majority of the time it's done out of ignorance rather than malice . . .

But yeah, just randomly posting in lfg that you're at boss is prob a bad idea ; p

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

W2z3 tribulation mode or normal. 

The first I kinda can understand why someone would do that. (not trying to excuse the behavior) 

If it's the later..... People need to get a life.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

W2z3 tribulation mode or normal. 

The first I kinda can understand why someone would do that. (not trying to excuse the behavior) 

If it's the later..... People need to get a life.

What? People cant join you when in tribulation mode.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 3

50 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

I'd wager the vast majority of the time it's done out of ignorance rather than malice . . .

But yeah, just randomly posting in lfg that you're at boss is prob a bad idea ; p

I had done this before without a problem and they usually even help me kill the boss faster, but now it was straight up trolling.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

What? People cant join you when in tribulation mode.

Huh? They can't? 

I thought they could to snack some EZ trib coins. Atleast I heard/read others talking about it. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)

What you're proposing doesn't fix anything, what's needed here is a proper party "ownership" system. Except I think it was already discussed and that's also abusable.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Huh? They can't? 

I thought they could to snack some EZ trib coins. Atleast I heard/read others talking about it. 

It worked some years ago, that you could join in a very short time window after the kill, but that was an exploit that was fixed.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What you're proposing doesn't fix anything, what's needed here is a proper party "ownership" system. Except I think it was already discussed and that's also abusable.

I just want to see who joins the party, what's so hard about adding that in chat?

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

I just want to see who joins the party, what's so hard about adding that in chat?

I'm just saying this doesn't solve anything about the described issue. I didn't write anything about it being easy or hard, so not sure where your question comes from.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I'm just saying this doesn't solve anything, not sure where your question comes from.

The way I read it, is that andreiblue.8231 wants to see the names of people joining, so it's easier to report them for the incident they caused.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

The way I read it, is that andreiblue.8231 wants to see the names of people joining, so it's easier to report the incident caused by them.

I'd think if he wanted to report it with any chance of an action being taken, he'd probably need to provide more than just a nickname anyways? Like a recording, for example. Also, as he mentioned, we can see who kicked/voted to kick, so doesn't he already have the nickname for when that happens?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

I'd think if he wanted to report it with any chance of an action being taken, he'd probably need to provide more than just a nickname anyways? Like a recording, for example.

Of course, being able to right-click names in chat and report them is not guaranteed to have any noticeable effect.

But there are people who like being able to report anyway.

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Of course, being able to right-click names in chat and report them is not guaranteed to have any noticeable effect.

But there are people who like being able to report anyway.

Nicknames of players who voted to kick are already right-clickable in chat and include a report option, so once again I don't see the point being made. What am I missing?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nicknames of players who voted to kick are already right-clickable in chat and include a report option, so once again I don't see the point being made. What am I missing?

This thread is specifically about seeing the names of people who join parties or merge parties. This are not displayed in chat.

And if someone joins you, causes you to get kicked out of your instance and leaves the party before you have a chance to check their name, then you have no name to report. At least I assume that's what happened.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

Just now, Fueki.4753 said:

This thread is specifically about seeing the names of people who join parties or merge parties. This are not displayed in chat.

Does OP feel the need to report players who join his party? Or the ones who abuse the kick mechanic and actually kick him? Pretty sure it's the second one. Which is exactly what leaves the clickable nicknames in chat. I actually don't understand what point -or practical usage- you're trying to go for here?

3 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

And if someone joins you, causes you to get kicked out of your instance and leaves the party before you have a chance to check their name, then you have no name to report. At least I assume that's what happened.

Do you not understand that when you're kicked, you can aleady see in the chat who triggered the vote and others who voted to kick you? Or is there some instance where  this not how it works for some reason?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Does OP feel the need to report players who join his party? Or the ones who abuse the kick mechanic and actually kick him? Pretty sure it's the second one. Which is exactly what leaves the clickable nicknames in chat. I actually don't understand what point -or practical usage- you're trying to go for here?

The way I read it, is that the process of merging the parties is what forced him out of his instance, not manually being kicked by other players. In this case, there'd be no name in chat. That's why the want is specifically to have joining players to also appearin chat.

It's not hard to understand:

player joins party -> the game removes you from your instance -> player leaves party while you are on a loading screen

In this scenario, no manual kick was initiated, so no name will appear in chat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Fueki.4753 said:

The way I read it, is that the process of merging the parties is what forced him out of his instance, not manually being kicked by other players. In this case, there'd be no name in chat. That's why the want is specifically to have joining players to also appearin chat.

It's not hard to understand:

player joins party -> the game removes you from your instance -> player leaves party while you are on a loading screen

In this scenario, no manual kick was initiated, so no name will appear in chat.

Oh, now I get it. Is that how it works though? Never saw that happening and in that case I think it's that interaction (if it really is what's being described here) what should be fixed.

Does this work in other content than SAB?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Oh, now I get it. Is that how it works though? Never saw that happening and in that case I think it's that interaction (if it really is what's being described here) what should be fixed.

I don't think it's intended game design, but occasionally it happens.

It's probably just one of the many things that will never get fixed, like that one missing cornerstone in WvW or the events that just stop working.

I remember that it happened to me on rare occasions, too, and I have never touched SAB (outside of that one story instance in season 3).

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I'd think if he wanted to report it with any chance of an action being taken, he'd probably need to provide more than just a nickname anyways? Like a recording, for example. Also, as he mentioned, we can see who kicked/voted to kick, so doesn't he already have the nickname for when that happens?

They left the group right after they got me kicked out of the instance so I couldnt report them. What dont you understand?

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It can happen to dungeons too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Tried it with 3 other players, so 2 2-player groups. Group 1 joined fractal, group 2 joined a different fractal. Group 1 sets lfg, group 2 merges into it. Person from group 2 -who clicked "merge" button- got booted from fractal to LA. Party 1 remained where it was. Players leaving the group/instance still left the clickable nicknames ([nickname] is no longer in the party) in the chat. One nickname was converted into "..." dots, which still revealed account name while hovering over it and still were right-clickable with report option available.

There's a chance OP didn't try hovering/right-clicking the dots. Or it really is inconsistent and buggy, which I wouldn't even find hard to believe.

16 minutes ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

They left the group right after they got me kicked out of the instance so I couldnt report them. What dont you understand?

I wrote aboe what I don't understand. What I also don't understand is that your only theory in this thread is that a group of players keep going out of their way to not even profit from taking your instance but instead to intentionally... just kick you out of it? And that's what they're camping lfg for? It is possible, sure, but it's not exactly... probable. I'd say it's even less probable that an action would be taken on it, considering multiple scenarios that could cause players to join/merge and subsequently leave the group without an intention to troll you or anyone else.
In other words: I'd rather focus on problematic/buggy mechanics, like lack of party ownership and ability to merge groups without any confirmation.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

6 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

This. ^^^

Have seen some fairly obnoxious behavior after squad merges for example, which are just as bad or worse than OPs scenario. 

It's one reason I don't use my tag all that often. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Sad 1