[EU] Which server title will you choose?

[EU] Which server title will you choose?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How are you going to choose?

• The only world I've ever played on
    • The world I started on
    • The world I'm on now
    • The world I spent the most time on
    • My favourite world
    • Other
  2. 2. All languages/English worlds

• Aurora Glade
    • Blacktide
    • Desolation
    • Far Shiverpeaks
    • Fissure of Woe
    • Gandara
    • Gunnar's Hold
    • Piken Square
    • Ring of Fire
    • Ruins of Surmia
    • Seafarer's Rest
    • Underworld
    • Vabbi
    • Whiteside Ridge
    • None of these
  3. 3. Language focus worlds

• Arborstone
    • Augury Rock
    • Fort Ranik
    • Jade Sea
    • Vizunah Square
    • Abaddon's Mouth
    • Drakkar Lake
    • Dzagonur
    • Elona Reach
    • Kodash
    • Miller's Sound
    • Riverside
    • Baruch Bay
    • None of these

Posted (edited)

Since the other poll is specifically about NA servers I thought I'd make one for EU.

Forum polls don't allow you to skip a question so you'll need to pick 'none of these' (bottom option) on the list your world isn't in.

There's 27 worlds and you can only have 20 poll options I had to split the world choices across 2 questions. (I split them by language designation just because that's how the Wiki list is organised and it's an almost even split.)

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

It's an easy question for me, the only time I've ever transfered off Desolation was once during the headstart weekend, because the Hall of Monuments was bugged and you could only access it on NA servers. Thankfully back then transfers were free and had no cool down, so I transfered, picked up my items, transfered back and I've been on Deso ever since. I've had a lot of good times playing WvW with them so I'll definitely be picking up the title.

• Confused 1

I have been on AG all the time (which had been picked by EU members of GW1's Zoo Crew / GWOnline staff). I all those years of the franchise, I have never been on a German server. It was always International.

Started on FSP, which a had good active WvW Community. Still transferred to Gandara though as FSP was lacking in other areas. Yes kids I didn't transfer for WvW purposes. This was way back when there were no Megaservers and each world had their own instances.

Playing since head start (in 2012) on Underworld- when this was still relevant in PvE. I did not play at all from end 2013 until June 2019. A lot of WvW and later even PvP late in 2013. Got stuck with liking PvP more and like ... since 2020 back in PvP again. WvW only rarely.

Since I never changed servers I still - while not really having been organized in guilds there - I'll get the Underworld title obviously. Still recognizing names there that I see regularly. Unfortunately from back 2013 I only remember one fun commander (the name) that always felt motivating to play with. Not running away that much. Going straight for enemies. Even if we got wiped.

So I picked "The only world I've ever played on" for the first thing. Combines well the other choices - when this is the world I started on ... where I still am playing. Where I spent most of my time - making it my favorite world. "Underworld" and "None of these" for the two other things.

German playing on the English/international servers btw. Started with like 2-3 people I knew online - that mentioned GW2 and the end of the open beta to me back then. With WvW  having seemed unique amongst such big team fight settings in MMO back then. (Though I always prefer racial factions with more motivation when tied to the lore and other gameplay. Like Warhammer Online and the siege on the capital for example locking vendors there.) We agreed on the international servers ... seems German players usually are (or were - back then) more "competitive". And the worlds/servers were relevant in PvE back then (liked the orr statue thing - with the maps being linked) and we did not want to be flamed for not playing 100 percent the recommended elitist build lol. 😛 (Turns out GW2 did a good job so far trying to make it possible to do most stuff for everyone and a lot of PvE stuff like low level fractals is accessible with noob builds without having to fear a lot.)

First game that made me try such type of contents (like fractals and the dungeons). And I enjoy the international talk in English in the chat - PvE (idling in LA is less nowadays but sometimes fun) and the WvW. Other games (one with a small community where I played - which is dead now) have proven that the are a lot of great people from great countries in Europe - that did not even have own language-servers. English was the only option here.