WvW restructuring without guild Alliances is a mistake

36 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

And the funny thing is that it's also the main source of community building in pve already because it's the only real way (aka most of this game)..

Imagine if pvers claim they would never see the people that they played with ever again when the map instances closes.

Aaaaah!  The result of megaserver.  So-called server community was originally created before megaserver.  Now you got me thinking about how WvW players who remember the game pre-megaserver are perhaps outdated and behind the times compared to PvE communities.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Aaaaah!  The result of megaserver.  So-called server community was originally created before megaserver.  Now you got me thinking about how WvW players who remember the game pre-megaserver are perhaps outdated and behind the times compared to PvE communities.

Ah, well you see most people will think Blackgate will be remembered for WvW or something, but what they should  be remembered for is the world's first tequatl kill.

Jokes aside, I do think Anet could have worked harder on the WvW-PvE link, but it just never came to be. But regardless, WvW in general has been stuck in 2013 for the longest time, so these things are long overdue. And what is certain is those uncertain about grabbing friends should be doing that instead of ranting on the forums.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

WvW had a great community back then when you could hop into LA and ask for EB reinforcements.

But considering PvE was collapsing and dying to the point of world events becoming unplayable it was like…

Do we go mega servers or let GW2 die?

And so many cried about “server pride”.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1