Today we Lost a very dear friend and mentor - KISS Guild Leader

Posted (edited)

Don't walk in front of me,

I may not follow you;

Don't walk behind me,

I don't know where to take you;

Walk by my side

And we'll always be friends. (by an anonymous author)

this poem seems to have been made on purpose. A guy who definitely knew how to stand by your side. I've run alongside him so many times that I've lost count, in the many years he's been on our server. If you know his real-life friends, let him know that even down here, in the virtual world, he was a 'good guy''. But I'm sure they already know. ✌️

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Sad 2

Rip James, one of the kindest and pure souls in gw2... 

In memory, here is a video we filmed 9 years ago and Discharged gaurd was part of it! @ minute  3:42 🥺 

https://youtu.be/S1qWjB6NFJM?feature=shared

You will always be remembered 🩷

FakeSmile

• Like 1

James was actually one of the reasons why I developed such an enthusiasm for Guildwars and was one of the people who initially encouraged me to buy commandertag for wvw, even though we often disagreed later on I always had more than respect for what he had built up over such a long time! My deepest condolences and a real loss for the Guildwars community

• Like 1

This is very sad news. My deepest condolences to his nearest and dearest, and to all of his Guild. James' energy, passion and reliability in GW2 contributed to a memorable social experience spanning the continents.

May he rest in peace.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Met him back in GW1 era in KISS guild and always felt he was a cool dude, and more more times in the GW2 WvW battlefields, thanks for the GvG's and content you've provided, may your raids never end man ! 😢

My sincere condolences to the family.

Edited by Andreakos.5934
  • Like 1

Discharged Guard was the most iconic WvW commander and guild leader to me personally. I fondly remember him hitting 1 million kills and the casual small-scale fights late night after [KISS] guild runs had ended on EBG. Rest in peace legend.