Help me remember - Zojja - SOTO spoilers

gem.9038

So Zojja was going to do the special training that wipes her memory or whatever right? But she didn't actually go through with this correct? When I completed SOTO I was thinking to myself "Wait, did they completely drop this part of the story with her?". 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I still have no idea what the plot was of Soto. I finished it and everything and I still am just baffled. The amount of filler talking etc was unbearable. I was so happy to see it was over. 

I remember seeing zoja for a part or 2 then she's gone. Atleast brahm wasn't in it and the asura girl. So there's that I guess.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Zoija did ascend to wizard after initial launch story ends (after our encouragement) and before the first quarterly update story. It is explicitly stated at the beginning of Q1 story. Zoija in Convergences, and in Nayos final meta is using wizard powers.

• Like 1

She did go through with it. When you first meet her in Through the Veil she doesn't recognise you at first, Frode has to tell her who you are and a lot of what she says is asking for confirmation on things she's been told about you, because she doesn't actually remember you any more. There's a few other conversation where she mentions it being odd seeing someone she knows she knew before but no longer remembers, and talks about how she's adjusting to being a wizard. You also talk to Frode and a few other characters about it.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, circuitnerd.5863 said:

So Zojja was going to do the special training that wipes her memory or whatever right? But she didn't actually go through with this correct? When I completed SOTO I was thinking to myself "Wait, did they completely drop this part of the story with her?". 

I find it amazing how people somehow miss an unskippable story step where you're forced to talk to Zojja after she goes through with the Wizard process, and mentions how she doesn't remember you.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Duress

Following Frode
Frode: Someone would like to speak with you.
Frode: She might be a little...
<Character name>: She...went through with it?
Frode: She has. A few weeks back. She's been taking some time to herself, mostly. Adjusting.
<Character name>: How is she taking it?
Frode: Everything is a bit fuzzy. Memories of the ward came back.
Frode: She knows your name. Might take her a moment to connect it to a face.
<Character name>: I... Okay. I'm ready to see her.
Approaching Zojja
Frode: Zojja, you have a visitor.
Zojja: Ear-deep in documentation about the Obscure. Mabon's notes are...extensive.
<Character name>: Hey, Zojja.
Zojja: Uh-huh.
Frode: The wayfinder.
Zojja: Yes—yes, of course. Hello.
Frode: I'll give you two a moment. See me when you're ready.
Zojja: I'm sorry, I... Little overwhelmed. I didn't realize you were coming today.
<Character name>: Peitha and I are about to head into Nayos.
Zojja: Peitha, Peitha... Oh, the giant Kryptis lady. I like her. I think. Isgarren finds her annoying.
Zojja: Wait, you're going with her...?
<Character name>: Yeah, I am. Pretty nervous about it, to be honest.
Zojja: Be safe. I've been a few times, helping seal rifts. It's...something.
<Character name>: I will. Thanks, Zojja.
Zojja: Sorry, I... This must be a bit awkward for you. I'm trying so hard to...
<Character name>: Hey, don't worry about it. One step at a time, right?
Zojja: Yeah, Dagda keeps telling me that, too.
Zojja: Be safe, Commander... No, Wayfinder. Are you a commander?
<Character name>: I was.
Returning to the others
Frode: How'd it go?
<Character name>: Good, I think. She seems like she's doing well. I wish she... I'm just glad she found her home.
<Character name>: (sigh) That was harder than I thought it would be.
Frode: I know it hurts, but keep your bond close. She'll see through the fog if you shine that light bright enough.
  • Like 1