Q: Decoration and Services @ Homesteads vs. Guild Halls

27 minutes ago, Trejgon.9367 said:

The costs made with up to 500 people in mind? 😉

I don't quite get the question, but if you mean the costs for expanding and decorating a Guild Hall on your own: (1) It wasn't that bad as a fun project, and (2) I am quite certain Homesteads won't be that much cheaper. 😉 

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I don't quite get the question, but if you mean the costs for expanding and decorating a Guild Hall on your own: (1) It wasn't that bad as a fun project, and (2) I am quite certain Homesteads won't be that much cheaper. 😉 

Dunno what is your gameplay loop or in-game wealth, but the cost of building up the guild hall on my own, was a sole cause of burnout twice for me personally. And that is before even delving into costs of crafting decorations, just getting the whole place to not be ruin, takes silly amount of resources - which makes sense considering it was balanced for up to 500 people working on it.

I am very certain that Homesteads will be much cheaper, specifically on the grounds that they are meant for solo player to furnish, and not a group of up to 500 people.

The "question" was rhetoric question, not something to answer, and was supposed to imply, that if nothing else, it will have smaller pricetags going for it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I think homesteads should be cheaper than the guild halls were at their original release. (Probably a lot cheaper/easier since a lot of currency is cheaper on the trading post nowadays.) Have my own personal guild hall since about 2 years (EoD release) - and almost level 50 (going for everything the main expensive stuff left are the guild aura for WvW and the last steps in mining rate and the deco vendo tier 3).

What could be unique in the homesteads: I mentioned stuff in other posts/threads: Maybe them giving the option to customize NPCs (using visuals from the minis we  unlocked - for example - or from our other chars on the account) if there are service NPCs.

I think it would be fun to have it as kind of big mansion (starting small) - also allowing for non-service NPCs that just stand around or move (guards) ... vs just making furniture. They definitely should add a lot of stuff (release might just be furniture and crafting nodes + service NPCs). I would not mind if got it's own mini game and curreny lol. Like the farming facebook/mobile games lol. 😄 (I mean in the screen I think there was not just the house. Also surroundings - where you could plant other stuff not just the garden nodes from the cooking achievement and black lion gem store.)

Edit: And I have farmed every single shovel myself - in my solo guild hall that has mine at T3, the first mining rate upgrade + all aetherium capacity upgrades. (250 shovels left for the last 5 mining rate upgrades.) 😄 It is possible when you just try to get one (or a few) while doing PvP in between when eventing on the Silverwastes map. Not going for decorations though. At least not yet. I just want it eventually upgraded at max with the guild aura for solo joining the WvW everys now and then maybe ... claiming a camp. And the guild bank of course.

Edited by Luthan.5236

2 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

I think homesteads should be cheaper than the guild halls were at their original release.

While this may be indeed the case, I still wonder what is in it for players like me who already own housing a.k.a. Guild Halls?

• Confused 3

We will find out when they do the deep dive - they're not going to tell us yet.

I think it's safe to assume the homestead costs wont be comparable to the astronomical costs of a guild hall, which for one person to level is not possible for 99% of the player base. 

If memory serves, it's over 50,000 logs, 40,000 ore and over 30,000 flax to fully upgrade a Guild Hall. Sure people do it, (I've done it), but it wont happen for homesteads and it can't happen for homesteads. You'd shutting out almost the entire playerbase. And that's not including all the mats for decorations - some of which would be utterly insane for a single player

• Like 1