Staff Spear Skins as Spears [Merged]

9 hours ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

Because the general population decided to complain about underwater combat ad nauseum.

Welp, pointing that out doesn't change the situation, we can't make it undone.

Plus people had a point after all. Aside from the underwater fractal, which came a month later, there were no content update and nothing for underwater combat after release.
From Release Pov the UW content was okay, but Anet didn't continue caring about it.

• Like 1

I’ve never spent more than 2 minutes looking at the spear section in the wardrobe because, why would I right?

After the recent announcement I went back and spent a good while looking over all the spear skins currently in the game and I’ve gotta say, there really aren’t many that look good.

Obviously they haven’t put a lot of effort into designing new skins for Spears in the last few years because of how irrelevant underwater combat has been, but I think now they have no excuse when it comes to broadening the range of skins available to players, if you’re going to make this new weapon type such a prominent feature of JW.

As mentioned by others there are so many staff skins that designed to look like spears that look 200x better than the underwater spear skins, Arenanet needs to seriously consider integrating these skins into the Spear wardrobe, it would be a crime not to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/11/2024 at 4:43 AM, kiroho.4738 said:

Anet didn't continue caring about it.

Because nobody could be bother assigning a key to sink instead they'd try to do that with the mouse during combat all while complaining how janky it was... If only there was a way...

Meanwhile they kept asking for aerial combat because combat in that volume would be great in their head vs the combat in the volume they already had.

Edited by Dean Calaway.9718
  • Confused 3

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Something I saw suggested on Reddit that I haven't seen mentioned here is that Exordium has a  Spear form. I would love it if some of Exordium's forms were skins for other weapon types, including Spear. As a Warrior main Spear has replaced Greatsword on pretty much every build I use, so it kinda feels bad that I spent all that time making Exordium just for it to sit in my armory unused.

Edited by HeliosMagi.9867
  • Confused 2

I absolutely support this idea on one condition: Make a spear version of Oblivion, Dhuum's staff/scythe. 

For clarity, I don't mean a stick with a pointy end that has the same aesthetic, I mean keep the long curved blade of the scythe exactly as is. No changes needed. 

Edited by GeraldBC.4927
  • Confused 1

On 6/7/2024 at 11:23 AM, Linken.6345 said:

Did you read the last part it literally say we wont get any old skins as spears.

They will only added ones to the new sets.

Given the new spear skins that were added (preexisting staff skins like Sunspear, added with the return to PoF event) I think you can go ahead and delete this post... =P

On 9/18/2024 at 3:51 AM, MunkeeBreath.9165 said:

Given the new spear skins that were added (preexisting staff skins like Sunspear, added with the return to PoF event) I think you can go ahead and delete this post... =P

Nah still was correct with the info we had at the time.

Glad they changed their mind on it alittle tho.