Willbender Expectation vs Reality

Mikasa.5217

So, if I interpret those video properly, you expected it to be overwhelmingly strong and got reckt when you tried it? I think people are still complaining about willbender being to strong in WvW roaming, thought...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

So, if I interpret those video properly, you expected it to be overwhelmingly strong and got reckt when you tried it? I think people are still complaining about willbender being to strong in WvW roaming, thought...

You know what... that wasn't really fair of me... Willbender doesn't get tossed around like that... LMAO!!!

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

To my surprise, the willbender thread in the wvw forum is full of people just saying to dodge the initial burst. I think people finally calmed down about willbender in wvw.

1 hour ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

You forgot the third video that shows what Willbender mains think of themselves:

Literally me

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

even if you don't get hit by the initial burst the cele willbender meta is like sustained near unkillable escape artists, or will kill you over time if you don't disengage as squishy classes/builds, you have to outsustain them

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

On 7/10/2024 at 8:48 AM, Dalgrimar.7641 said:

Euhm...willbender is completely broken.

Idk about how it performs exactly in WvW but in sPvP its completely overpowered.

Its rather absurd Anet allows it to be like this for so long...

completely broken in wvw, even more broken, every flavor of the month roamer uses Cele willbender its like 90% Of whats in wvw lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

On 7/10/2024 at 10:48 AM, Dalgrimar.7641 said:

Euhm...willbender is completely broken.

Idk about how it performs exactly in WvW but in sPvP its completely overpowered.

Its rather absurd Anet allows it to be like this for so long...

Everything is overpowered to a silver player who can't hit top 500 let alone top 250. Comments like these are the reason why wb doesn't get any buffs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

If a skilled Willbender gets the jump on you unexpectedly in WvW, you're as good as dead. However, if you are ready for their initial attack and are able to block/evade somehow counter they can be killed fairly easy. That is, if you can catch them and if you don't waste your attacks while they're invulnerable, which is almost certain to happen if they fail to burst you down.

6 hours ago, Stone.6751 said:

If a skilled Willbender gets the jump on you unexpectedly in WvW, you're as good as dead. However, if you are ready for their initial attack and are able to block/evade somehow counter they can be killed fairly easy. That is, if you can catch them and if you don't waste your attacks while they're invulnerable, which is almost certain to happen if they fail to burst you down.

If you blow your burst right after they blow theirs, then you kind of deserve it. That's when most players will oh kitten and protect themselves.

• Like 1