Masteries not unlocked after Janthir purchase [Merged]

Hi,

I purchased the Ultimate edition of Janthir Wilds and my masteries are still locked, I already went through on a support ticket about this and they could not solve the issue. In-game I do not see the explanation that I need to buy an expansion to unlock masteries anymore, but they are still locked, screenshot found here https://imgur.com/Yb7ewJY

• Like 2

It's been a long time, but didn't masteries unlock when we started the HoT story? Same thing with JW?

(I assume the OP means this is their first purchased expansion?)

Edited by DeanBB.4268
  • Like 1

The mastery system is unlocked when a character on the account reaches level 80 and the account owns an expansion. When both are true, the mastery system unlocks by giving access to the Central Tyria region section.

To unlock the other region sections, the player must own their pertaining expansion and unlock any mastery track inside that region section.

• Like 1

Assuming the OP has a character at level 80, I think I know what's going on, because Janthir Wilds isn't out yet... your account technically doesn't own an expansion therefore it does not count when unlocking masteries. Its like preordering a game, you don't get full access to the game until it releases. I'd be curious if you are going to be Trading Post restricted as well until August whatever date when JW releases... its either an oversight, or that the flag won't get checked until the expansion launches... Its not that you don't own JW... its that because JW is not out yet that the game has no way to reference that purchase when making any IG checks for expansions related to the mastery system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hsanrb.1570 said:

Assuming the OP has a character at level 80, I think I know what's going on, because Janthir Wilds isn't out yet... your account technically doesn't own an expansion therefore it does not count when unlocking masteries. Its like preordering a game, you don't get full access to the game until it releases. I'd be curious if you are going to be Trading Post restricted as well until August whatever date when JW releases... its either an oversight, or that the flag won't get checked until the expansion launches... Its not that you don't own JW... its that because JW is not out yet that the game has no way to reference that purchase when making any IG checks for expansions related to the mastery system.

Ahh, good point.  Probably what's happening. 

OP, were you a Play4Free player prior to purchasing Janthir Wilds? 

59 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Ahh, good point.  Probably what's happening. 

OP, were you a Play4Free player prior to purchasing Janthir Wilds? 

That doesn't explain why the Central Tyrian masteries didn't unlock.  It's kind of weird to say he doesn't own the expansion yet.  Probably can go to the accounts website and shows the expansion on his account.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I think something like this was posted concerning previous pre-orders.  🤷‍♂️

If the CS Team can't help, he/she may just have to wait for Janthir Wilds to release...or purchase another expansion.  They will probably be offered at a discount again, relatively soon. 

True.  Seems like some sort of oversight too.

• Thanks 1

CS Team said that they tried making changes to my account to make it happen, but since that didn't help they asked me to file a bug report in-game and maybe post here. Indeed the first expansion I bought (played originally 11 years ago before standard game was free and returned just now)

Hopefully buying the rest of the expansions will help, looking forward to the sale most likely happening at the end of the month

hey gang, i've decided to start an alt account to take benefit of being able to complete dailies over again,

i purchased Janthir Wilds which gave me a lv 80 booster, i've used the booster, but my mastery tab is still locked.

interacting with a mastery point and clicking "commune with this place of power" plays the animation, but absolutely nothing happens.

i had assumed this was because my account is new, i thought i needed to wait a few days for the account to be verified,

but nope, account is now verified but mastery is still locked, HELP!

6 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It seems, for now, that pre-purchasing an expansion does not unlock Masteries until the expansion is live.

You can wait for a 'fix', if one is forthcoming, or purchase (or wait for a discount on) another expansion.

Good luck. 

by the Six, that sucks!

so no mastery points until august...fantastic.

thanks for the answer though! 👍

ANET, FIX THIS! 😠

Edited by Liewec.2896
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Well, unless there's a 'fix' before then. 🤷‍♀️

Here's another thread on the topic (which this thread is likely to be merged with): 

thanks for this,

as you linked in that other thread "The mastery system is unlocked when a character on the account reaches level 80 and the account owns an expansion. When both are true, the mastery system unlocks by giving access to the Central Tyria region section."

i have a lv80 character and own an expansion, so i should have central tyrian masteries unlocked!

(central tyrian masteries is the ones i'm interested in too, imho the game should have auto loot by default, so i was hoping to grind out the auto loot mastery ASAP)

It just depends on whether the game 'recognized' a pre-purchase as 'owning' the expansion.  It seems that in pre-purchase cases it does not...at this time. 

Keep in mind that the Wiki articles are created and updated by players; at any time the articles can be erroneous and/or out-of-date.

You can see in that linked thread that the CS Team could not alleviate the issue.  You can flag Rubi and maybe she can find out about the issue from the Devs.

Again, good luck.

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Masteries not unlocked after Janthir purchase [Merged]

i think you didn't buy an expansion, but you pre-ordered one, so until its released you likely won't gain the benefits. if you're looking to unlock the majority of features you need only path of fire, which also comes with heart of thorns, so its a very good deal.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134

3 hours ago, Liewec.2896 said:

hey gang, i've decided to start an alt account to take benefit of being able to complete dailies over again,

i purchased Janthir Wilds which gave me a lv 80 booster, i've used the booster, but my mastery tab is still locked.

interacting with a mastery point and clicking "commune with this place of power" plays the animation, but absolutely nothing happens.

i had assumed this was because my account is new, i thought i needed to wait a few days for the account to be verified,

but nope, account is now verified but mastery is still locked, HELP!

What benefit are you getting from doing dailies again that your old account cant get?

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

What benefit are you getting from doing dailies again that your old account cant get?

wizard vault things with limits, like Mystic Coins, heavy crafting bags, gold etc.

festival dailies like lots of dragon chests zhaitaffy and a few jorbreakers from dragon bash.

basically anything with a limit per account.