Why would you make it last 40 days!?!?!?

1 hour ago, Zok.4956 said:

Why do you attack other players just because they have an expectation that you apparently don't like?

GW2 is/was known as an on/off game and was sometimes advertised as such, where you can take a break from playing without losing anything. That's why there was a lot of criticism of Season 1 (not from me, but from other players) because you couldn't play individual episodes and couldn't experience the content if you couldn't play in a narrow time frame. That's why Anet changed that again in later seasons.

The fault here therefore lies not with the players who are demanding something supposedly outrageous, but with Anet, because Anet's changes were not adequately communicated beforehand to those players who are not regularly online or in the forum.

Would an email like "important changes to WvW - choose a team/guild," with explanations to the account email address be too much to ask? I don't think so.

WvW is now Season 1? Bad analogy.

No one "loses a step" when taking a break from WvW.  Come on...

• Like 2
  • Confused 9

9 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

Why do you attack other players just because they have an expectation that you apparently don't like?

GW2 is/was known as an on/off game and was sometimes advertised as such, where you can take a break from playing without losing anything. That's why there was a lot of criticism of Season 1 (not from me, but from other players) because you couldn't play individual episodes and couldn't experience the content if you couldn't play in a narrow time frame. That's why Anet changed that again in later seasons.

The fault here therefore lies not with the players who are demanding something supposedly outrageous, but with Anet, because Anet's changes were not adequately communicated beforehand to those players who are not regularly online or in the forum.

Would an email like "important changes to WvW - choose a team/guild," with explanations to the account email address be too much to ask? I don't think so.

it's not an attack. It's a simple fact that game companies aren't going to halt their development process because people won't be paying attention for a bit. I wasn't around for about a year and had to adapt to plenty of changes-- I'm not going to cry about them forgetting about me.

There have been many, many major changes to the game such as the legendary armory and its compensation as well as skins as well as many systems that have changed that would have impacted players if they weren't there for it. More recently, players could make a single legendary rune and gain access to a legendary relic and if you weren't there for that, well.  Just because players may not have been aware of these things doesn't mean these things weren't happening

I mean ngl, if the people complaining about this could actually read, they'd be really mad.

Not to mention the numerous trait and class changes; you can leave for a few years or even a year and find the build doesn't even work anymore/.

Why would they cater to players that might not be there anyways?

Gw2 has no vertical progression and doesn't require you to do previous content to advance to the next.  Yes, but let's not stretch this to an absolutist statement. The comparison has always been to other MMOs, and some you literally can never catch up if you take a break.

Also funny that you think emails would make a difference in this case-- I have received emails from them about the WvW betas so keep the excuses coming. It won't change a thing.

Edit: Oh btw season 1, yea people complained. A lot of people like me didn't because it was horrible and I haven't touched it when it came back. That's why FOMO is dumb. People claim to be missing out on some awesome experience which probably isn't.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 6/23/2024 at 11:12 AM, XenesisII.1540 said:

The good news is... there's no longer any excuses to be surprised about next washing machine spin in 40 days from now on, something that has been complained about every single beta since 2021. 🤷‍♂️

Which means there will be even more complaints, especially from those that "quit" or didn't play the game for 5 years but suddenly feel compelled to play it daily for the fomo again.

• Haha 1