WvW World Restructuring System Poll

WvW World Restructuring System Poll  

382 members have voted

1. 1. Your feelings on where you came from and where you ended up with the WvW restructuring system.

• I came from a dead server, and I love the new WvW restructuring system.
    • I came from a fairly active server, and I love the new WvW restructuring system.
    • I came from a very active server, and I love the new WvW restructuring system.
    • I came from a dead server, and I am undecided.
    • I came from a fairly active server, and I am undecided.
    • I came from a very active server, and I am undecided.
    • I came from a dead server, and I hate the new WvW restructuring system.
    • I came from a fairly active server, and I hate the new WvW restructuring system.
    • I came from a very active server, and I hate the new WvW restructuring system.

On 6/19/2024 at 6:03 PM, Stone.6751 said:

I don't understand why guilds stacked. Don't they want solid competition and good fights? It has to be boring for them too.

Because most guilds have a limited number of competent commanders. Adding 1 or 2 guilds increases that number. We have at least 6 good comms in our alliance which ensures good content pretty much every evening regardless on which world you end up on.

Because of snowball effect. Many guilds grew alot in light of wr and are now rolling with full squads or more of them. And to fight that you also need bigger numbers. You might not want to have too big of a core guild so you make alliance with another guild and interested straglers.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 6/19/2024 at 7:59 PM, XenesisII.1540 said:

Frankly more guilds who are underpowered need to continue avoiding and stop feeding those larger guilds they know will run them over, or don't if you really don't want to accept the power of boon balling and numbers, and the rest of us will continue to have that opinion of your reputation of being suicidal idiots not worth the time.

The result will be people leaving the game mode and likely not returning.

A lot of solo players “feed” the big guilds because they want to play, and perhaps foolishly, don’t realise it’s pointless. At first they’ll go to borderlands but when the farmers follow and run them over there, eventually they’ll quit one by one. And since this can happen around the clock, all there is to do is opportunistically camp flip.

The big guilds will just say “why don’t you just organise?” as if this is an easy thing for casual players to manage, and they will continue stacking until the lower tiers are completely gutted. Maybe this will end up in a two tier system whereby the big organised guilds end up in T1-2/3 and can fight amongst themselves, but that will entirely depend on the matchmaking system.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, shrew.3059 said:

The big guilds will just say “why don’t you just organise?” as if this is an easy thing for casual players to manage, and they will continue stacking until the lower tiers are completely gutted

That doesn't really happen.  Even back in old T8 last place on Borlis Pass before server linking when lower tiers were supposedly gutted this wasn't true.  There were guilds and "organization".  In fact, one of the "casual" pugmanders from then got placed on the same team as one of my accounts.  Yes, she is still pugmanding, part of one of those "server community guilds".

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

That doesn't really happen.  Even back in old T8 last place on Borlis Pass before server linking when lower tiers were supposedly gutted this wasn't true.  There were guilds and "organization".  In fact, one of the "casual" pugmanders from then got placed on the same team as one of my accounts.  Yes, she is still pugmanding, part of one of those "server community guilds".

The difference is that servers were already organised to some extent (insofar as they shared a common identity) and had some continuity. It remains to be seen whether the same can be said for groups pushed together by an algorithm and swapped in and out regularly.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, shrew.3059 said:

The difference is that servers were already organised to some extent (insofar as they shared a common identity) and had some continuity. It remains to be seen whether the same can be said for groups pushed together by an algorithm and swapped in and out regularly.

Any organisation of the server community came from the same players running guilds and now organising alliance guilds. Server itself didnt organise anything.

And continuity was not only ensured but enforced with population caps and transfer paywalls.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Any organisation of the server community came from the same players running guilds and now organising alliance guilds. Server itself didnt organise anything.

And continuity was not only ensured but enforced with population caps and transfer paywalls.

I didn’t mean to imply the server itself did anything, but it was the macro structure from which organisation was born. There isn’t the same macro structure anymore; alliances don’t really need individual players in their link, so these are a resource they can ignore. It is entirely possible guilds will form on these servers in response to being crushed repeatedly, but I’m skeptical this will happen at scale when individual players can simply get recruited up.

But it’s largely irrelevant, since those who benefit from the new system will not experience any of its shortcomings and those who do will realise the game mode is not for them.

Edited by shrew.3059
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, shrew.3059 said:

There isn’t the same macro structure anymore; alliances don’t really need individual players in their link, so these are a resource they can ignore.

I don't think this is true and it will become more obvious in the future. As from what I see now there's hype and lot's of players are online, joining guild raids and so on. But in the long run this will change and go more to what we were used to. Guild raids (with the core group) a few hours per week but in between people just want to play in various forms. Solo, various casual tags... And for that you need player base.

If a player, regardless of what playstyle he prefers wants to join alliance he can easily do it today. It's really just a matter of asking.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 6/17/2024 at 5:53 PM, Psoewish.9172 said:

It's obviously not been long enough to form any real judgements, but my initial impressions are very positive. I suspect this has a lot to do with me being an EU player previously on GoM (NA server), so my playtimes rarely matched up with everyone else. But these last few days I've been seeing loads of people online when I've been able to play, and as a result I've had so many cool fights. It reminded me of my time before I switched to NA (to play with friends, btw), where I was on Aurora Glade. So I definitely have a nonstandard situation but for me personally, this has been nothing but fantastic so far.

I think the issue isn't match ups or balancing. Ultimately this 'grand ANet dream' killed a lot of active in-game communities. A lot of server had active and established communities and cultures which overnight ANet have just destroyed with no consideration for the social side of the game. I came from Gandara which had an amazing community, a good culture and we had a lot of fun times as a server as well as in our guilds.

It seems that ANet looked at only one side of a multi sided issue, and that was the matchups and region splits. There was no consideration for the server communities that have formed since 2012 (thats 12 years by the way, many people in those communities have grown up, been through ups and downs with those same people)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2