Infusion stacking is broken [Merged]

11 hours ago, Vegeta.2563 said:

The trail effect before the fix was always like that. When you apply the infusions it will look more full until you reload the map.  Maybe the trail has less of an effect now?  I'd have to watch some older footage of my own to see if I can even spot the difference though.

At the moment the trail effect looks the same as before the fix, but still different than before the June 25th patch. 

Although back in June when I reported this bug I wasn't sure the trail effect was bugged, later it became obvious that with the June 25th patch both effects got bugged, meaning the bubbles of 2 or more infusions were no longer displayed alongside each other but on top of each other resulting in the same amount of bubbles being displayed regardless of how many infusions you had equipped, while the colors were off. 

The trail effect was affected in a similar way, meaning the lightning threads were no longer displayed alongside each other but on top of each other resulting in same amount of lightning threads being displayed regardless of how many infusions you had equipped, although a bit thicker and brighter, while the blue and pink background was looking more vivid and more like a flame instead of a trail. The trail effect still looks like this now, after the fix. The old effect can be seen only if you reequip the infusions, but it goes away once you swap equipment templates or maps.

This is how it looks when you reequip the infusions (IMO it looked like this all the time before the June 25th patch) ->https://ibb.co/7nqh9SQ

This is how it looked after June 25th patch after you swap templates/maps (after the fix it still looks like this) -> https://ibb.co/c3mW0WF

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Vegeta.2563 said:

The trail effect before the fix was always like that. When you apply the infusions it will look more full until you reload the map.  Maybe the trail has less of an effect now?  I'd have to watch some older footage of my own to see if I can even spot the difference though.

I've had 8 chak infusions on my Rev for many years, I haven't noticed any difference in the bright white/lightblue comet-like trail effect at all, even during the broken period.

I did how-ever notice a reduction in the bubble particles during the broken period, of which has been recently fixed.

So I'm not sure what he was referring to in regards to Chaks broken trail effects.

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, AwSmCreator.6479 said:

I felt like the chak trail was always the same, but could be wrong about that. Definitely nice to have the everblooms back though. 

Indeed, my 8 Stack Chak trails remained consistent prior to, during and now after the broken phase.

I have a feeling that he either purchased or got a lucky drop with a single Chak Infusion during the 'Broken Phase' and probably thought that 1 Chak Infusion would give you the Super Bright-White/Light Blue comet-like trail that is visible during 8 Chak stacks,  while he himself is only using 1 Chak. He probably thought it was broken.

Edited by Royal Grand Majesty.9852
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

Indeed, my 8 Stack Chak trails remained consistent prior to, during and now after the broken phase.

I have a feeling that he either purchased or got a lucky drop with a single Chak Infusion during the 'Broken Phase' and probably thought that 1 Chak Infusion would give you the Super Bright-White/Light Blue comet-like trail that is visible during 8 Chak stacks by viewing other people with 8 Chak Infusions,  while he himself is only using 1 Chak. He probably thought it was broken.

Huh? Do these screenshots look like 1 Chak infusion to you?

8 hours ago, Adegard.8317 said:

This is how it looks when you reequip the infusions (IMO it looked like this all the time before the June 25th patch) ->https://ibb.co/7nqh9SQ

This is how it looked after June 25th patch after you swap templates/maps (after the fix it still looks like this) -> https://ibb.co/c3mW0WF

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Adegard.8317 said:

Huh? Do these screenshots look like 1 Chak infusion to you?

Sorry I skip over long posts, what-ever your problem maybe, at-least 3 of us have mentioned otherwise. Maybe open a ticket.

Also try and check if you haven't accidently stat changed some of the Chaks, hence doubling up on the same stats, hence lowered effects.

Also check if one of your Chaks isn't on the Aqua-breather.

For reference, here's how my 8 stack Chaks appear. -> https://imgur.com/a/he5dpqi

• Confused 6

32 minutes ago, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

Sorry I skip over long posts, what-ever your problem maybe, at-least 3 of us have mentioned otherwise. Maybe open a ticket.

Also try and check if you haven't accidently stat changed some of the Chaks, hence doubling up on the same stats, hence lowered effects.

For reference, here's how my 8 stack Chaks appear. -> https://imgur.com/a/he5dpqi

If I'm honest, I actually liked your first theory about having just 1 Chak infusion more 😄

Anyhow, if the experts say the effects of the Chak infusion have been restored with the latest patch, then who am I to speak against it. 

Well done Anet, proper work! Quality bug fixing as always. Whatever. /sarcasm.

Good luck to you folks, enjoy your infusions.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

U know you can put the egg sack into exotic ring for 9th intensity right? Imagine prioritizing additional stats instead of fashion... weak.

On 9/11/2024 at 8:37 PM, Adegard.8317 said:

The first pic shows the very nicely desynchronized trail, really nicely. It's hard to apply infusions in way in which too many don't end up overlapping each oother, I never really bothered with it on chaks because it would precision grind of eq uneq, ain't nobody have time for that. It gets synchronised into mess on map changes, it always was this way, either it get synchro in map change/template swap, pretty sure that if u leave char for 6h in same map there also be some synchronisation and trail/bubbles becoming more messy. 

18 hours ago, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

I have a feeling that he either purchased or got a lucky drop with a single Chak Infusion during the 'Broken Phase' 

Bought I think 15 additional chaks during 4w and bug phase. And I have to say, it doesn't feel right to me.

I usually play really zoomed out, so I don't really see bubbles that much, it took me like 2-3 weeks to realize it was broken when it was broken. As trail remained relatively the same.  

But now it's like... the trail gets cut ✂️ for half a second or smtg, and then continues,like animation/effect being turned off and on, might be some issues with my graphics ofc, yet asides that it feels too clustered, like... idk what would be the right english word....beading"/"pullsing" the intensity? each chak trail synchronizing more than usual? I used to have this blue blur, could rp as torpedo, bolts barely visible, now it's kinda the same but not. 

It feels different, but then again, I might be just looking for things that isn't there, and finding them, as human mind do be like that lol.  🤷 need to compare vids, might post pre and current in 4k to end debate about it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

need to compare vids, might post pre and current in 4k to end debate about it.

Current 8 post template or map switch. 

U can see that cutting ongoing. 

https://mega.nz/file/u6BTTSYA#q-5uYXxUIYGWoGo9978QsaEGgICadTC0cU7fcjKsloA (no need to downloand anything, can watch thru browser) 

Having issues on finding clean vid without queen bees or clockwork being mixed in 😕 will check in different PC later or someone can just share theirs pre break non refreshed chak vid would make my life easier 

I play with highest visual settings, I suppose lower fidelity might have less difs idk, this "clipping" feels like new thing, and I have lot of hours looking at chak trails.

At upcoming days will reply again after digging out some clean chak template video. Had habbit of mixing in bees 😄

Edited by Triptaminas.4789
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/11/2024 at 12:37 PM, Adegard.8317 said:

So I looked at some of my older wvw footage back from 2022 and I went to the exact same location in game and did the same movements and compared the 2 videos side by side.  The trail effect for chak looked exactly the same between the 2.  I was using 6 chak infusions for both times.  I did not reapply the infusions after loading into the map as doing that had always worked.  The whole point of the test was to see how it would react to after loading into the map.

Edited by Vegeta.2563

On 9/12/2024 at 3:54 PM, Triptaminas.4789 said:

Current 8 post template or map switch. 

U can see that cutting ongoing. 

https://mega.nz/file/u6BTTSYA#q-5uYXxUIYGWoGo9978QsaEGgICadTC0cU7fcjKsloA (no need to downloand anything, can watch thru browser) 

Having issues on finding clean vid without queen bees or clockwork being mixed in 😕 will check in different PC later or someone can just share theirs pre break non refreshed chak vid would make my life easier 

I play with highest visual settings, I suppose lower fidelity might have less difs idk, this "clipping" feels like new thing, and I have lot of hours looking at chak trails.

At upcoming days will reply again after digging out some clean chak template video. Had habbit of mixing in bees 😄

TBH.. the camera angle is kinda weird with it being directly behind your character.. can't exactly see what's going on with the trail besides it doing some flapping animation each time you hit a bump.  The only time I could see the trail fully was the last few seconds when the camera was on the side of your character.

1 hour ago, Vegeta.2563 said:

So I looked at some of my older wvw footage back from 2022 and I went to the exact same location in game and did the same movements and compared the 2 videos side by side.  The trail effect for chak looked exactly the same between the 2.  I was using 6 chak infusions for both times.  I did not reapply the infusions after loading into the map as doing that had always worked.  The whole point of the test was to see how it would react to after loading into the map.

Exactly. You're the 4th person who agreed that Chaks Trail Effects aren't broken.

I don't understand why the Adegard fellow immediately resorted to sly remarks such as "Experts says".

While also conflating A-nets track record of bug-fixes with something that isn't even broken [Chak Trail Effects].

I gave him advice in regards to his personal issue, such as re-checking his Infusion Stats and check if a Chak isn't on the Aqua-Breather.

Don't know how else I can help. 😔

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Vegeta.2563 said:

TBH.. the camera angle is kinda weird with it being directly behind your character.. can't exactly see what's going on with the trail besides it doing some flapping animation each time you hit a bump.  The only time I could see the trail fully was the last few seconds when the camera was on the side of your character.

Yeah but I show directly back deliberately, it's kittened up

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

I don't understand why the Adegard fellow immediately resorted to sly remarks such as "Experts says".

Maybe next time refrain from posting kitten like this.

On 9/12/2024 at 4:11 AM, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

I have a feeling that he either purchased or got a lucky drop with a single Chak Infusion during the 'Broken Phase' and probably thought that 1 Chak Infusion would give you the Super Bright-White/Light Blue comet-like trail that is visible during 8 Chak stacks,  while he himself is only using 1 Chak. He probably thought it was broken.

and when it backfires

On 9/12/2024 at 5:07 AM, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

Sorry I skip over long posts

But you came back strong.

While your biggest counter "evidence" is this

The only thing you did so far is a) post wild theories, one more laughable than the other one, and b) multiple times referred to me or my post while quoting other people's replies making it more of a personal issue than a debate over whether or not the trail effect is bugged.

PS.: I took your advice and I submitted a ticket. Here's CS's reply (not sure I'm allowed to post screenshots of conversations with CS on the forums so I won't do that)

"We have received similar reports from other players, and we are investigating." the reply continues with them asking to also report this issue using the in-game bug report tool so the QA Team can gather data.

• Confused 1

Let me get this straight.

When this happens: the bubble effect of multiple Chak infusions sync up when logging off, swapping gear templates or switching maps. You can bring back the desynced bubble effect by reequipping each infusion one by one, but the bubbles sync up again once you do one of the afore mentioned things.

The reactions are: this is definitely bugged and needs to be fixed ASAP! 

When this happens: the trail effect of multiple Chak infusions sync up when logging off, swapping gear templates or switching maps. You can bring back the desynced trail effect by reequipping each infusion one by one, but the trails sync up again once you do one of the afore mentioned things.

The reactions are: this is fine, it's always been like that.

Are we seriously having this conversation right now?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Adegard.8317 said:

Maybe next time refrain from posting kitten like this.

and when it backfires

But you came back strong.

While your biggest counter "evidence" is this

The only thing you did so far is a) post wild theories, one more laughable than the other one, and b) multiple times referred to me or my post while quoting other people's replies making it more of a personal issue than a debate over whether or not the trail effect is bugged.

PS.: I took your advice and I submitted a ticket. Here's CS's reply (not sure I'm allowed to post screenshots of conversations with CS on the forums so I won't do that)

"We have received similar reports from other players, and we are investigating." the reply continues with them asking to also report this issue using the in-game bug report tool so the QA Team can gather data.

Theories and Evidence?

I simply stated that I personally have not experienced any issues with the Chaks Trail Effects. Which has till now been backed by 4 other individuals, you can read their responses yourself.

I then gave the most logical advice in regards to check if your Chak Infusions have the same stats, which in-turn could lower the effects, or check if you have a Chak Infusion on your Acqua-Breather which in-turn won't show when you're on land.

I made one assumption when replying to another individual, prior to even reading any of your comments, due to the fact that I tend to I skip over long posts, like I mentioned in my previous comment. The assumption I made was in regards to thinking that you could have recently acquired a Chak Infusion for the first time and assumed that you could have thought it would have the same effects as 8-stacked. Since I didn't read any of your comments at that moment, you can't hold that against me.

In regards to labelling your previous response as a 'Sly' response, is exactly that.  When you responded to my comment and a couple others who are all saying the same thing [Chak Trail Effects don't appear to be broken]. Your following response is on the lines of.  " The Experts have spoken, so I guess it's 'True' ".

You then go ahead and somehow bring in A-nets track record of bug fixes, sarcastically saying that they are "Perfect".

I truly didn't know that the 'Main Character Syndrome' was a real thing. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Either way, I tried to put in my 2 cents. Rest is up to you.

• Confused 3

35 minutes ago, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

I simply stated that I personally have not experienced any issues with the Chaks Trail Effects.

Make a video of how the trail effect of your 8 Chak infusions looks like after you just reequipped them one by one and then how the trail effect looks like after you changed maps or equipment. Let's see if you experience any issues with the Chak trail effect.

51 minutes ago, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

I made one assumption when replying to another individual, prior to even reading any of your comments [...]

Since I didn't read any of your comments at that moment, you can't hold that against me.

So you didn't read any of my comments, yet you refer to my comments when replying to other people. You honestly expect any sort of civilized conversation to come out of this?

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Adegard.8317 said:

Make a video of how the trail effect of your 8 Chak infusions looks like after you just reequipped them one by one and then how the trail effect looks like after you changed maps or equipment. Let's see if you experience any issues with the Chak trail effect.

So you didn't read any of my comments, yet you refer to my comments when replying to other people. You honestly expect any sort of civilized conversation to come out of this?

Go back and read each one of my responses.

My first 2 comments referred to you as "He", as the only context I had at this time was the line of text that was quoted by the 2 individuals I was responding to. I haven't read any of your comments directly at this moment in time.

My 3rd comment is in response to you, after you personally quoted and questioned me directly. Note this is the response which I mentioned that I skip over long posts, which now I know you didn't take very well, as mentioned in one of your responses.

You then respond with the 'Sly' [Experts says, so it has to be 'True] and 'Sarcastic' [A-nets track-record of bug-fixes is 'Perfect'] comment.

My 4th comment is the first time I will directly quote you when replying to another individual. My 4th comment was replying to yet another individual who was also agreeing that Chak Trail Effects don't appear to be broken.  While responding to this individual I simply said that I don't know why you responded with sly remarks along the line of "expert says, so it has to be true" and sarcastically mentioning A-nets track history as "perfect". While I just was providing my 2 cents and advice.

If you took my response about skipping over your comment due to it's length to heart, there's nothing I can do about that.

I personally find that my 8 Chak infusions trail effects work just like they did before. If you are having some kind of niche issue, in some unique circumstance than there's nothing more I can say. You said before that A-net got in-touch with you and your specific matter is being investigated, than all you can do is wait for it to be fixed.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Test 1: 8 chak, all different stats.
Test 2: 3 confetti, all different stats.
Start of both tests, but not recorded; all chak/confetti infusions are removed entirely and reslotted.
I equipment swap to no infusion template and back to infu template again.
I swap map.

This video should confirm to eyeball havers that the chak trail effect does not retain its solid thickness.
The desynced particle effects of confetti do not remain after template swap either.

Some people like to have these effects default 'messy, others like them stacked directly ontop of one another to create a brigher effect, and others (me) like the desynced thicker look. Can't say which anet considers to be the not broken version, but it would be nice if they had a menu option that let the player choose how these are displayed and save me having to remove/reapply infusion constantly.

3 hours ago, Daniel.8129 said:

Test 1: 8 chak, all different stats.
Test 2: 3 confetti, all different stats.
Start of both tests, but not recorded; all chak/confetti infusions are removed entirely and reslotted.
I equipment swap to no infusion template and back to infu template again.
I swap map.

This video should confirm to eyeball havers that the chak trail effect does not retain its solid thickness.
The desynced particle effects of confetti do not remain after template swap either.

Some people like to have these effects default 'messy, others like them stacked directly ontop of one another to create a brigher effect, and others (me) like the desynced thicker look. Can't say which anet considers to be the not broken version, but it would be nice if they had a menu option that let the player choose how these are displayed and save me having to remove/reapply infusion constantly.

I believe I vaguely remember the Confetti infusion always having an issue with retaining its effects above 1 stack.

I believe this issue has been around since it's release, unless I'm mistaken.

Regarding the Chak infusion issue, I think this might be the specific issue that the Adegard fellow was having.

Just a question, does your Chak's trail effects lower only when swapping equipment templates?

It would be great to see the templates that you're switching between showing all 8 Chak infusions in both templates, for some validation.

I know you can refer to the bubble effects, but just to make sure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: I cannot replicate your issue, I tried between various equipment templates on various maps and game-modes.

Note: I am also using other Infusions within my templates, not limited to only 8 Chaks when I tested.

Question 1: Does this specific issue also occur when you manually switch templates by clicking it, rather than using a keybind?

Question 2: Does this specific issue occur when you add in other infusions to the template along with the 8 Chak infusions?

1 hour ago, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

I believe I vaguely remember the Confetti infusion always having an issue with retaining its effects above 1 stack.

I believe this issue has been around since it's release, unless I'm mistaken.

Just a question, does your Chak's trail effects lower only when swapping equipment templates?

It would be great to see the templates that you're switching between showing all 8 Chak infusions in both templates, for some validation.

I know you can refer to the bubble effects, but just to make sure.

Trail effect does not transfer after template swap or map swap. By effect transfer, I mean, if I apply them one by one to create the thick desync effect, this does not carry over.

2 minutes ago, Daniel.8129 said:

Trail effect does not transfer after template swap or map swap. By effect transfer, I mean, if I apply them one by one to create the thick desync effect, this does not carry over.

Question 1: Does this specific issue also occur when you manually switch templates by clicking it, rather than using a keybind?

Question 2: Does this specific issue occur when you add in other infusions to the template along with the 8 Chak infusions?