Infusion stacking is broken [Merged]

3 hours ago, daw.4923 said:

Soooo week after exp dropped and still no fix.... any update?

Grass. Touch some.
Deep breath. Take some.
Snacks. Eat some.

This bug first appeared in the June quarterly patch. Knowing the cause of a problem and solving that problem are two different things, and essentially everything Anet did after that big June patch was focused on Janthir's then-imminent release. Not a snowball's chance in Hell would the fix have made it into the Janthir launch. Even if they'd be able to figure out how to fix this without anything else breaking significantly more catastrophically, software development pipelines don't work like customer service tickets, where open issues float at the top of the queue to be actively worked on. There's a reason they call it a pipeline. 

Were I a bettin Weaver symbol, it will be fixed with the next big quarterly patch in Nov.

Edited by Sovngarde.7502
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Sovngarde.7502 said:

Grass. Touch some.
Deep breath. Take some.
Snacks. Eat some.

This bug first appeared in the June quarterly patch. Knowing the cause of a problem and solving that problem are two different things, and essentially everything Anet did after that big June patch was focused on Janthir's then-imminent release. Not a snowball's chance in Hell would the fix have made it into the Janthir launch. Even if they'd be able to figure out how to fix this without anything else breaking significantly more catastrophically, software development pipelines don't work like customer service tickets, where open issues float at the top of the queue to be actively worked on. There's a reason they call it a pipeline. 

Were I a bettin Weaver symbol, it will be fixed with the next big quarterly patch in Nov.

Im missing  70k GOLD from my account for more 2 months with anet constantly assuring me that they know about issue and will fix it. im just bumping this topic so they know it isnt fixed and they will not delay fix till 2026.

sorry that ppl which missing INSANE AMOUNT OF GOLD ON THEIR ACCS making you such mental trauma that you need to spill your guts on bug report forum and cry about it and call names. pathetic.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sovngarde.7502 said:

Grass. Touch some.
Deep breath. Take some.
Snacks. Eat some.

Says a user who has no idea what spending a insane amount of gold on infusions is like.  The high end infusion community spends more on this game than any other player.  Would assume Anet would want to keep there piggybank happy. That being said Rubi did say they found the problem, now Thatshaman does have a estimated next update countdown going for Sep 9 so hopefully by then it gets bundled into the patch.

Edited by Mike.7983
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, daw.4923 said:

Im missing  70k GOLD from my account for more 2 months with anet constantly assuring me that they know about issue and will fix it. im just bumping this topic so they know it isnt fixed and they will not delay fix till 2026.

sorry that ppl which missing INSANE AMOUNT OF GOLD ON THEIR ACCS making you such mental trauma that you need to spill your guts on bug report forum and cry about it and call names. pathetic.

Unironically, around 800k in infusions here, not counting acc bound ones, one of biggest if not the biggest hoarder in game according to gw2efficiency.

I don't even expect them to be fixed anytime soon, look at the bug quantity in xpac + overall anet would better spend time changing wvw armor set availability because of forum cries than fix infusions, catering from them is towards lowest denominators in the game and community. Just accept it and stop acting out. 

Dude was kinda right about dev pipelines and stuff like that.

From experience with nu-anet I do not expect anything to be fixed and I think crying about that is folly, pointless, time wasting

Edited by Triptaminas.4789
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

16 hours ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

Unironically, around 800k in infusions here, not counting acc bound ones, one of biggest if not the biggest hoarder in game according to gw2efficiency.

I don't even expect them to be fixed anytime soon, look at the bug quantity in xpac + overall anet would better spend time changing wvw armor set availability because of forum cries than fix infusions, catering from them is towards lowest denominators in the game and community. Just accept it and stop acting out. 

Dude was kinda right about dev pipelines and stuff like that.

From experience with nu-anet I do not expect anything to be fixed and I think crying about that is folly, pointless, time wasting

no-one is crying buddy, im bumping up the topic once every week. game have currently  5000 bugs which never got fixed. waiting for "fix" will not work unless community will SPEAK LAUDLY ABOUT THE ISSUE or what the don't like...as WVW only armor being released in next patch for wvw mats and can be instantly purchased by anyone without spending 140 hours grinding reward tracks.

pretending like issue doesn't exist and "let them work" will never force anyone do their job.

you must be vocal about the issue and that's how you get work done.

the fact that this issue is not solved after so much time is such insult to all endgame players that i have no clue how anet even remotely thinks that this is ok.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, daw.4923 said:

no-one is crying buddy, im bumping up the topic once every week. game have currently  5000 bugs which never got fixed. waiting for "fix" will not work unless community will SPEAK LAUDLY ABOUT THE ISSUE or what the don't like...as WVW only armor being released in next patch for wvw mats and can be instantly purchased by anyone without spending 140 hours grinding reward tracks.

pretending like issue doesn't exist and "let them work" will never force anyone do their job.

the fact that this issue is not solved after so much time is such insult to all endgame players that i have no clue how anet even remotely thinks that this is ok.

Like I get your point. But u have to accept that we don't matter for anet, and u can't reason with them, its fruitless, look at pvp, wvw forums and community, at their issues.

Anet catters to most casual and lowest denominator of players, I'm just being realistic when I expect no fixes to infusions, we simply don't matter to them, even if leads to self destruction they simply won't care. 

This problem doesn't effect majority, it doesn't even effect 1%, u realize how few of us are here that can stack non acc bound currency infusions in a first place?  You reasoning that many with inf swipe and are whales for game is reasonable and would concern other devs but not current gw2 ones, it's just reality, your shouts irrelevant to them.

Best u can hope that they fix this unintentionally by playing with that effect framework that bugged it in a first place. 

21 hours ago, daw.4923 said:

sorry that ppl which missing INSANE AMOUNT OF GOLD ON THEIR ACCS

Once again, here I am, a player with most high end infusions in this game(i think, can be always bigger fish somewhere) almost 7 digits of gold in them(im not comfy talking about this and dont think it have weight in arguments but for you it seems it does so), telling you this is folly. I get your points but this all been tried in the past, the pattern of anet is consistent and u should stop stressing about things u cannot change.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

well some of us are willing to fight for their rights while others can rest and than feed on our achievements.

btw im playing like 1-2 hours per day and i couldn't care less when they fix it, but its a matter of principle.

Anet have history of not fixing bugs for years or completely forgetting about them, this one I will not them forget.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I understand the frustration, even through it seems that compared to some posters here I am a poor infusion stacker. 😅 I can't wait to have it back, too.
But we have to admit that this bug happened to one of the worst possible moments for aNet. As much as I want the shiiiinyyyy back, I fully understand that they are pretty busy fixing many of the progress breaking bugs. They confirmed that infusion issue is on their list, I'm sure that they are aware how important it is.

You wont be telling me what i can and cant post. I spent a lot of real money on cosmetic items(infusions) that a bug in this game prevents me from displaying.

In a game thats all about displaying cosmetics thats a big deal.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Sovngarde.7502 said:

I think you need to go read the TOS again before posting.

There is lot of precedents in industry, where people who spend srs amounts rekt the developers. Tos can say whatever end of day courts overrule lot of that noise. It stops being relevant as sums of individual player spenditures grow.

Just read up, many such cases.

Every game tos include total abstain from liabilities blah blah blah, company always right consumer always wrong, basically kittens you with every line. But as mmo industry history in courts show, it's nothing but meme drivel that gets invalidated in actual court and is useful just for avg customer support responses and such. When topics spin around actual cash, it becomes way more complicated than just "lol lmao, here tos, kitten you"

Avg person in this thread couldn't sustain a month of court fees so they confused, probably in NA too and there companies always right. 😉 

• Confused 3

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

Avg person in this thread couldn't sustain a month of court fees so they confused, probably in NA too and there companies always right. 😉 

Yeah it's always great content when people who complain about the price of LITERALLY EVERYTHING all the time on this forum try and talk high end priced items

a mid priced infusion's worth of money is around 1h of lawyer fees here so it's becoming funny territory 

Anet is on a streak shafting people out of their money recently, first $100s ($1000s?) in infusions and now $111 in missing glyph containers. I don't think I'm satisfied with this business relationship anymore tbf

Edited by rune.9572
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/29/2024 at 3:35 PM, daw.4923 said:

Not everything has high priority fixing game breaking bugs is far more important than some ugly infusions stacking.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Thankfully GW 2 offers plenty of ways to spend your time in the game. Some prefer PvE content like raids, fractals, etc., others prefer PvP stuff, some just spend their time trading stuff and get rich, while others just like to fool around with their friends. To each their own. So when a bug occurs, each and every player might be affected differently by it. So far so good. 

However, what annoys me (almost as much as bugs in general) is the lack of respect for people's preferences in games where you are free to do whatever the hell you want. You like to raid? Good. You like to clown around? Good. You like to PvP without ever touching PvE? Good. You like to clown around and have a strong opinion about those who don't clown around like you? Not good. Sure, you're entitled to an opinion on the matter, but projecting your own choices onto others is dumb and a tad insulting.

I never raided in this game and only bothered with fractals just for a little while. Am I affected by raid related bugs? Nope. It's sad some raid or whatever content-that-I-never-touch related bugs haven't been fixed for so long, but it doesn't affect me, so I'm grateful for that. But what would be the point in going to some forum threads about content that I'm not even playing and pick on people that complain about those bugs not being fixed yet. Or maybe some are affected by it, meaning they do play that certain type of content, but they don't mind the bug that much. Once again, what's the point in picking on those who do mind the bug?? 

Now back to this thread. 

Some people like cosmetic stuff, some more than others. Some people have been fortunate enough to drop the infusions, others have farmed gold/other items and bought the cosmetic infusions, while others went straight to their wallet and bought gems>gold>infusions (which is totally fine). Once again, to each their own. But what's the point in picking on those who complain in this thread about the bug not being fixed yet? It's their time, it's their gold, it's their real money they spent on these items which are not longer working properly. THEIRS, not yours. So they are allowed to complain as much as they want. It's not relevant how many cosmetic infusions someone has, some have just one or two, others have hundreds of thousands of gold worth of infusions. Everyone affected by this bug has every single right to complain about it. 

Are you affected by this bug, but couldn't care less if it gets fixed or not? Good for you. But don't expect everyone else to feel the same about it. 

You dislike the fact that some people over stack infusions making them look like a bunch of circus clowns of just straight up show offs? Well, that's on you! Maybe I don't like how you customized your character either, so am I supposed to ask Anet to only allow people with same taste as me to customize their characters, while the rest must be forced to use some standard templates? No. Everyone is free to customize their character the way they want. 

I know opinions are like ... ahem... mouths!  - everyone has one - and this virtual environment allows many who would otherwise be silent to voice their opinion, but at least try to respect others instead of picking on them because they don't understand how bug fixing works, or because they don't share the same opinion on which bugs should be fixed first or straight up don't play the game the same way that you do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1