Nvm Spear is fine <3

53 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Azure The Heartless.3261 i also like how everyone just says its a bad just because its not good as a rifle like glass burst build xp. Seems like not everyone has tried it with Spellbraker and Defence yet ^^

Nah, its going to be very strong, it just has a few weird things that need fixing.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

it's better against people who can actually dodge gunflame/arc(render the entire build useless)

If you play the str/arms gunflame build you literally delete anyone who dodges anything but your double Wild Throw, unless they have a spammable evade of some sort. A single channel does like 25k.

Blocks don't work because signet of might can be popped mid channel, it's double dodges or you're dead, and if you catch them with any other skill they're also dead. Heck, disrupting throw crits for insane numbers too despite it being an immobilize, possible daze/interrupt, 1200, and piercing. I've had up to 17k, but 10-13 isn't uncommon.

It's way, waaaaay better than Gunflame, I was wrong when I said it wasn't, but any complaint about this weapon that isn't about its PvE DPS is wrong and warrior players would know that if they ever clicked on their trait buttons to see there's options other than def/disc

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

If you play the str/arms gunflame build you literally delete anyone who dodges anything but your double Wild Throw, unless they have a spammable evade of some sort. A single channel does like 25k.

Blocks don't work because signet of might can be popped mid channel, it's double dodges or you're dead, and if you catch them with any other skill they're also dead. Heck, disrupting throw crits for insane numbers too despite it being an immobilize, possible daze/interrupt, 1200, and piercing. I've had up to 17k, but 10-13 isn't uncommon.

It's way, waaaaay better than Gunflame, I was wrong when I said it wasn't, but any complaint about this weapon that isn't about its PvE DPS is wrong and warrior players would know that if they ever clicked on their trait buttons to see there's options other than def/disc

some one gets it

56 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

👀

This a axe/sw spear angle? or does it play better with staff? 

11 minutes ago, vilesoldier.9826 said:

This a axe/sw spear angle? or does it play better with staff? 

i've just been playing spear/gs, like you win instantly if you land the knockback, the immob, or any of the 5 and 2

it's got counters, there's a bunch of situations where you can get kinda screwed over by some match ups. it's very much a high risk build, but it actually has incredibly high reward now for it too, which gunflame more or less has not for a long time.

there's probably some stuff that ought to be changed and/or buffed like the radii on skills or whatever, but it does insane damage right now and will almost certainly lose some of it

25 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

it does insane damage right now and will almost certainly lose some of it

As long as they don't rework the skill into uselessness, adjustment is fine. Don't speak this into existence, I'd like to do some damage after years of having to sidenode and fall asleep, and opponents can los just like they constantly suggested up to this point. 

1 hour ago, Shagie.7612 said:

this is correct. The main problem with the other weapons is that they were instant destroyed by any random blinds/blocks. This shreds multiblocks, is harder to avoid, and since harrier's toss's target is -the ground-...

there's probably some stuff that ought to be changed and/or buffed like the radii on skills or whatever, but it does insane damage right now and will almost certainly lose some of it

I would like spear 4 to not be stupid narrow, but if that is the cost of critting for 4k I won't tantrum about it. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

4 hours ago, Aaron.1294 said:

@Shagie.7612It is another "way too much damage, nerf it and it's useless" meme - we had that already with greatsword and now it's spear.

If it does way too much damage then Guard Spear and Rev Greatsword should be nerfed too. And their damage is waaaay easier to land.

Edited by Dirame.8521

22 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

all the hate only because it is actually the first time warrior actually receive something that has high entry demand, high skill floor. so most people will suck at it without knowing it's potential. and never think it's their own problem, due to warrior generally just getting low skill floor low skill ceiling weapon that boost low skill player confident way too much

dunning kruger effect going full force right now in the forum.

Haha, but the build you're running with Zerker isn't too high skill floor. Just press Zerk burst skills with 5 and 2 and GG well played. The High skill floor is playing Spear with SpellB and maybe BladeSw.

3 hours ago, Dirame.8521 said:

Haha, but the build you're running with Zerker isn't too high skill floor. Just press Zerk burst skills with 5 and 2 and GG well played. The High skill floor is playing Spear with SpellB and maybe BladeSw.

What makes you think I don't back my opinion after multiple builds with every single trait line, different combinations, different set of utilities, except BsW because BsW is garbage.

i've played with at least 2~3 variants of spear build for each elite spec(except BsW) and core, my opinions are general and do not apply to a single instance(build) and i don't associate myself to a single build or elite spec, try not to self-project here.

and i don't see how devaluing whatever spear build i'm running with other spear builds disapproves any of my point?

but you do sound like you got me somehow, if i did not misunderstand your intention.

also bringing up spear BsW is like saying warrior has high skill floor because i run throw bolas, kick and off hand mace, let's keep the discussion of skill floor and skill ceiling within a pool of realistically functional builds.

Edited by Lighter.5631

4 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

What makes you think I don't back my opinion after multiple builds with every single trait line, different combinations, different set of utilities, except BsW because BsW is garbage.

i've played with at least 2~3 variants of spear build for each elite spec(except BsW) and core, my opinions are general and do not apply to a single instance(build) and i don't associate myself to a single build or elite spec, try not to self-project here.

and i don't see how devaluing whatever spear build i'm running with other spear builds disapproves any of my point?

but you do sound like you got me somehow, if i did not misunderstand your intention.

Don't worry I was just commenting. No harm intended.

Since your comment was general then, great! Sorry to have misjudged. And I agree, the spear in general is High skill floor. Landing 4 is no easy task.

• Like 1