Celtic-inspired Character Creation Options (please)

Considering that Janthir Wilds will be taking place in a region inspired by Ireland, it would be a great opportunity to add Celtic-inspired hairstyles and facial hair for all races, perhaps even new tattoos for Norn featuring Celtic designs and patterns.

It has been 3 years since we have gotten any new options in the character creator, please ANet 🙏

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7

Since OP wants it to be irish I guess.

I want it to be south-eastern swiss. Can ANet please spend some resources to implement some traditional looks and sounds of the region as well as it is clearly heavily inspired by it anyway.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Teletric.3821 said:

Considering that Janthir Wilds will be taking place in a region inspired by Ireland, it would be a great opportunity to add Celtic-inspired hairstyles and facial hair for all races, perhaps even new tattoos for Norn featuring Celtic designs and patterns.

It has been 3 years since we have gotten any new options in the character creator, please ANet 🙏

I'm not sure about the Ireland part but some new hairstyles and facial hair would be awesome. For example I like a female Asura with bangs but most of their hairstyles don't have bangs. We could also use more long hair options for Norn and Human, and maybe Sylvari too.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Omega.6801 said:

Since OP wants it to be irish I guess.

I want it to be south-eastern swiss. Can ANet please spend some resources to implement some traditional looks and sounds of the region as well as it is clearly heavily inspired by it anyway.

This isn't actually different from what OP is asking: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celts

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

26 minutes ago, Flowersunshine.7385 said:

This isn't actually different from what OP is asking: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celts

Kinda true, but only if you use "celtic" as a carpet term spaning cultures all across Europe and all across the last ~2600 years. If you look at the map you see that Ireland belongs to a part of Europe where celtic languages where spoken through the middle ages and up to modern times, whereas Swizerland belongs to a part where that is not the case.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

The Celtic inspired race (if any) in GW2 is actually the Sylvaris. Look at their names: Caithe, Riannoc, not to mention Caladbolg (or Saladbowl).

But please do add more hairstyles, facial hairs, tattoos options. Definitely not enough option.

• Like 9

On 7/1/2024 at 10:22 AM, Omega.6801 said:

Kinda true, but only if you use "celtic" as a carpet term spaning cultures all across Europe and all across the last ~2600 years. If you look at the map you see that Ireland belongs to a part of Europe where celtic languages where spoken through the middle ages and up to modern times, whereas Swizerland belongs to a part where that is not the case.

Still, Switzerland wouldn't exist were it not for the idea of Helvetia as a vestige of Gaulish Celts in the region. Switzerland is very much part of the Celtic heritage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

I have been requesting long hairstyles for male humans since the dawn of time...

We need LONG hair for our boys so much.
Celtic, Viking-ish, Gothic, Metal-like? Heck yea.

Back in the older times long hair in men represented pride, masculinity, power. 
Let my mesmer show-off his long ebony locks and dark looks!

We already have two pieces of armor which give LONG hair.
Look at the new Oni-inspired mask. It gives a massively long hairstyle.
Then we have the Envoy outfit which also gives a wholesome hairstyle; but unfortunately NONE of these hairstyles are available to us in creation.

Please Anet!

Edited by Blur.3465
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

On 7/4/2024 at 6:27 AM, Blur.3465 said:

I have been requesting long hairstyles for male humans since the dawn of time...

Then we have the Envoy outfit which also gives a wholesome hairstyle; but unfortunately NONE of these hairstyles are available to us in creation.

Please Anet!

👏

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I don't care how bad it clips. 
Why isn't this hairstyle available to us in character creation? Why is it tied to a helmet? Why can't we have this as a separate option? 
I have so many questions.

Neon Demon Mask Hairstyle

Look at this magnificent mane. I am so sad this isn't given to us through makeover... 

Please Anet, give us hairstyles like this. 🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2024 at 12:27 AM, Blur.3465 said:

Please Anet!

well, the sylvari don't have long hair, or at least no proper ones.

hint:

https://www.deviantart.com/dzikawa/art/Sarah-Kerrigan-from-Starcraft-573811691

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...