My Favourite Era of Guild Wars 2

Cisii.8317

22 hours ago, Cisii.8317 said:

CC skills deal damage, turret destruction is from toolbelt and Accelerant Packed Turrets.

These days were the best days for a static discharge build IMO

I agree. Boons played much bigger role - notice how none of the players involved has more than 3-4 boons at once.
If a skill was giving more boons, it was just for that - now boons are a side-effect. 
Blasting water was very cool, thoughtful gameplay by using field/finishers was very rewarding.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 7/3/2024 at 9:15 AM, bambi.6214 said:

notice how none of the players involved has more than 3-4 boons at once.

Or conditions.

Nowadays you meet a harbinger and a second later you are gingerly floating in the air having contracted smallpox, ebola, cholera and the bubonic plague.

for me the best period was just after HoT when you could play a full gyro scrapper having them floating around AoE stunning when they died and having nearly 100% uptime on stealth.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

On 7/5/2024 at 4:17 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

for me the best period was just after HoT when you could play a full gyro scrapper having them floating around AoE stunning when they died and having nearly 100% uptime on stealth.

For me HoT is where everything started going downhill and quick. The 2015 June patch tbh was the one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Ah, the dark days of being a kitless rifle Engineer. I played full elixir rifle for 3 years between headstart and HoT. I then played full elixir quickness rifle scrapper for 2 years until PoF. It was only with PoF and the release of holosmith that kitless Engineer truly became "viable." I think one can only truly appreciate how amazing Holosmith and photon forge is when one has spammed rifle auto for 5 years.

Edited by H K.4057
a word
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

yes! and you could overload your turrets by choice, they didn't just work once and then offer nothing but a slight dps boost.

i also miss the days when we had a trait to allow us to throw turrets, it was great for securing an area 🙂

On 7/29/2024 at 3:38 PM, Liewec.2896 said:

yes! and you could overload your turrets by choice, they didn't just work once and then offer nothing but a slight dps boost.

i also miss the days when we had a trait to allow us to throw turrets, it was great for securing an area 🙂

You would overload them whenever you wanted instead of it being on skill activation and we got more use of Static Discharge due to turrets changing their toolbelt skills to blowing them up 

6 hours ago, Cisii.8317 said:

You would overload them whenever you wanted instead of it being on skill activation and we got more use of Static Discharge due to turrets changing their toolbelt skills to blowing them up 

yep, turrets were far more useful back then,

imho it'd be cool if we had an update for the lesser used things of each class (like conjures for ele), for engi turrets i'd like to see a new mechanic when we interact with turrets,

instead of picking up a turret we'd now be given a spanner which replaces our weapon skill bar,

skill 1 would be a turret repair skill as we've seen from Tool Kit,

Skill 2 might be a sort of "power up" (think Torbjorn in overwatch!) you whack your turrets and they grow, becoming more effective up to 3x for a short duration.

Skill 3 might let you instantly reset the overcharge of a turret (this one would have a cooldown obviously)

skill 4 might let you relocate a turret, you could stand by a turret and target an area nearby to punt the turret over to it.

skill 5 would be the usual "pick up" that you would have had from the original interaction option.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2024 at 9:17 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Or conditions.

Nowadays you meet a harbinger and a second later you are gingerly floating in the air having contracted smallpox, ebola, cholera and the bubonic plague.

Don't forget anthrax.