Achievement Hunters - What is your strategy?

I try to keep up with the story achievements and any new release cheeves as they come along, bc things are generally easier to get done when they're new. All the other categories I treat more like a content guide, I use them to direct myself to new areas, and if I like them I'll do some cheeves there, if I don't I'll move on. I rarely focus on collection cheeves, but I'll do them if they linger on my 'nearly completed' list for too long . . .

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I usually go for achievements that give me something I want. For example I've recently finished lasting bonds which gives you a 32 slot bag and a recipe to make it. 

Edited by Tiamat.8254
Typo
  • Like 2

I do them in the order of expansion (the "map" achievements in vanilla, HoT, PoF, EoD and SotO) then story journal (the many LW episodes and expac chapters) then everything else such as collections, fractals, raids, strikes, etc. Naturally I'm not sitting at 0 raid achievements while I complete every single map one (I have all raid achievements in fact) - this is just a rough priority of what I look at first then pick what interests me the most at the time.

Most of the time if you check both map and story journal achievements you can find overlapping steps (such as "complete X event" or "defeat X boss" showing in both tabs at most with some different condition during the encounter) which is nice. I tend to pick first that which give out tangible rewards too (in other words, skins). The ones I never pursue "actively" are the collections tab - they're the easiest to get burned out of and typically it's more than worth it just outright buying the collection when that's applicable.

Don't know if I qualify as an "achievement hunter". I just play the game the way I like and see what comes around. When I do story instances (and don't forget to do so) I check the panel if there are any achievements tied to it. Easier when I see that little yellow "there's an achievement tied to it" symbol. 

Then from time to time, often when I'm not sure what I want to do next, I just brows the panel and see, if there's something I've already made significant progress on. If I find something, I might chase that achievement down. Rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gop.8713 said:

I try to keep up with the story achievements and any new release cheeves as they come along

This is how I used to go about it.

1 hour ago, Tiamat.8254 said:

I usually go for achievements that give me something I want.

This is how I go about it since Gyala Delve and SotO, because achievements since EoD had become quite an unfun grind. Of course, there are fortunately still exceptions to the rule (collections, adventures and the like).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 7/4/2024 at 3:31 AM, Nash.2681 said:

Don't know if I qualify as an "achievement hunter". I just play the game the way I like and see what comes around. When I do story instances (and don't forget to do so) I check the panel if there are any achievements tied to it. Easier when I see that little yellow "there's an achievement tied to it" symbol. 

Then from time to time, often when I'm not sure what I want to do next, I just brows the panel and see, if there's something I've already made significant progress on. If I find something, I might chase that achievement down. Rinse and repeat.

I'm very much the same. I log in, do dailies, strikes/fractals, world bosses. If all that doesn't suit my mood, I'll flip through the achievements. What's close to done? What has a cool reward? Am I close to the next AP milestone? Then I'll see "oh I need 100 more kills on the new Revenant scepter?" Okay then I'll play him in the next convergence. Heck I did a weekly Jumping Puzzle and it showed it was my first time completing it. That made me look see what else I had missed and I finished getting the last 3 Jps!

Only time I really hunt them down is new Expansion or Holiday limited time stuff. I like seeing what is new or chasing down the holiday rewards. 

• Like 1