So any chance of hackers getting banned?

Will Anet ever fix people (in this case a mesmer) going through the floor and attacking people without any way to attack back in WvW or should I just call it quits on this game?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Cannon fodder has always been needed throughout history, in order to provide entertainment for the simple minded hordes.

Anet thanks you for your sacrifice my brother!

Without antelope, there would be no mountain lion …

Without seals, there would be no polar bear …

Without krill, there would be no whale …

Without bananas, there would be no monkey ...

Without lasagna, there would be no garfield ...

Without yang, there would be no yin ...

Without garbage, there would be no guild wars 2 ...

Without legit players, there would be no hackers.

Stay strong my brother, I'll be there with you in spirit … while I migrate to better grazing lands.

Edited by Nanogrid.7283
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

I just fought a hacker in EBG. Not only is it obvious that he’s cheating, but he also literally doesn’t care and it's basically mocking the devs and every player he kills because he knows ArenaNet will do nothing. Obviously, I reported him for botting, but you know, we’ll probably get a naked skin armor before he faces any consequences.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2024 at 5:53 AM, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

I just fought a hacker in EBG. Not only is it obvious that he’s cheating, but he also literally doesn’t care and it's basically mocking the devs and every player he kills because he knows ArenaNet will do nothing. Obviously, I reported him for botting, but you know, we’ll probably get a naked skin armor before he faces any consequences.

The number of diamond rank players I see flying, walking through walls, leaping over walls, teleporting (in a single move) from SMC outer walls to sentry points near towers is absurd.  I hit a guy with a melee skill and he skipped away like a rock on water faster than the rollerbeetle boost makes you move.  Anet really doesn't care.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I really do wish that anet took cheating more seriously, but I suspect that they just don't have the tools or information from their side of things to really investigate most of the problems. Thankfully, at least during the times that I play, it's pretty rare to run across something that can't be attributed to something other than cheating, but the obvious ones are still there and VERY obvious.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I encountered a hacker earlier today and made a report ticket + ingame report + video of him cheating for 13min linked it in the ticket and asked for them to let me know when action is taken. Guess what i got a generic auto response.  If that is not a polite way to flip me off idk what is.

Hello,

We are happy to investigate this incident and appreciate the additional information you have provided. Please understand that for privacy reasons we are unable to discuss our investigation or what actions we take.

I would also like to take this opportunity to ensure that you are utilizing the in-game reporting system in conjunction with your support tickets as this will help us gather necessary data for our investigations.

Please feel free to reach out to us with this kind of information in the future.

Regards “ 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 7/6/2024 at 3:02 PM, Runa.2163 said:

Will Anet ever fix people (in this case a mesmer) going through the floor and attacking people without any way to attack back in WvW or should I just call it quits on this game?

In one of these you can choose what happens, the other gives you no choice.

I remember when people would fly hack around the map to steal orbs. People were reporting them constantly using the in game button and with tickets. They never got banned. In fact, I got a forum ban for posting a video of someone fly hacking. Apparently, that's "witch-hunting." We ended up just doing map escapes to walk through terrain and right into keeps to steal orbs back. ANET decided to just remove orbs rather than actually ban the hackers.

Edited by H K.4057
a word
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1