Selling Quartz Crystal limited on the TP?

Hi;

I can only put 2 stacks of quartz on the TP to sell now.  When was the change put in place?  Does the limit apply until your current sales sell, or is it a daily limit of x2 a 24 hr period? 

I want to clean it out of my inventory today and I ran into the limit (I don't sell often, but I used to be able to put several stacks up at once).

Thanks!.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lectryk.2964 said:

I can only put 2 stacks of quartz on the TP to sell now.  When was the change put in place?  Does the limit apply until your current sales sell, or is it a daily limit of x2 a 24 hr period?

while i don't sell quartz specifically, there is not a limit, certainly not that low for listing/instant selling items. after about 200 stacks it just opens a new page in your listed items on the TP.

if you sell too many stacks too quickly (like 10+ back to back) you get a message to wait a bit, but you can continue selling after a short time. this i guess is some anti bot thing.

1 hour ago, Lectryk.2964 said:

I don't sell often, but I used to be able to put several stacks up at once

you should always only be able to sell items 1 stack at a time, so at most 250 at once. but nothing should stop you from selling the next stack right after the first.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lectryk.2964 said:

to sell now

You can’t sell instantly if there are no buyers waiting or if you are selling it for less than it can be sold to an npc vendor. You have to use the other sell option which requires posting at a specific price and waiting for a buyer later and may take a long while to get your money. 
Although if you are trying to sell for npc vendor or less without realizing definitely sell it to a vendor instead (no auction fee). 

1 hour ago, Tinker.6924 said:

You can’t sell instantly if there are no buyers waiting or if you are selling it for less than it can be sold to an npc vendor. You have to use the other sell option which requires posting at a specific price and waiting for a buyer later and may take a long while to get your money. 
Although if you are trying to sell for npc vendor or less without realizing definitely sell it to a vendor instead (no auction fee). 

It's definitely selling for more than Vendor value:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quartz_Crystal

But, OP may be trying to sell more (item quantity) than a buy order has listed.

There's no limit to how many of an item you can buy or sell per day. The most likely reason you couldn't sell more is either:

1) you'd sold stuff too quickly and needed to wait (you get a message to tell you that, and it will stop you selling anything for a bit, not just that item)
2) There weren't enough buy orders at the current price. Sell instantly sells to people who have played buy orders so you can only sell as many as have been ordered at that price.

Here's an example: https://i.imgur.com/AR1V0hQ.jpg
I have 250 green wood planks, but I can only sell 10 using 'sell instantly' because only 10 have been ordered at 35c each. If you try to increase the quantity you get a message saying "Quantity cannot exceed the number ordered at this price". If I sell those 10 it will drop the price to 34c but there's 3891 ordered at that price so I'd be able to sell the rest of the stack (and 3651 more, if I had them). If you list it for sale instead of using 'sell instantly' you can list as many as you want, because then you're putting them up and waiting for buyers.

I don't know why the TP can allow you to buy items in bulk across multiple prices (if you try to buy more than are listed at the current price it includes ones at higher prices) but can't do the same with selling, but it's always been that way.

Oh yeah, it's unlikely but a 3rd possibility is you didn't have enough gold for the listing fee, which has to be paid from your wallet even if you're selling instantly. It's rare but that can happen if you're selling a lot of stuff (or a few very expensive things) when you don't have much money.

• Like 2