no more keep perma tappers

5 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

Is it like that: as soon as a wall / gate is under 98% the structure is marked as attacked?

so like it is crossed with swords forever until somebody repairs to 100%?
this would be super-silly.

Once walls or gates go below 98 it will trigger swords and trigger the defense event. You have then the minutes within the event to participate. After the event the swords go away. Now if the walls or gates are still under attack you will get another set of swords and another event, but how often isn't a breach already done before the event timer ends. If the walls or gates are already down you won't get another alert or event until an attack on the lord/supervisor.  So the tapping bypass has impacted the alerts you get and the defense events. Now how this linked into not being able to repair the walls.....don't quite get that connection yet. 

35 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Once walls or gates go below 98 it will trigger swords and trigger the defense event. You have then the minutes within the event to participate. After the event the swords go away. Now if the walls or gates are still under attack you will get another set of swords and another event, but how often isn't a breach already done before the event timer ends. If the walls or gates are already down you won't get another alert or event until an attack on the lord/supervisor.  So the tapping bypass has impacted the alerts you get and the defense events. Now how this linked into not being able to repair the walls.....don't quite get that connection yet. 

Nah i mean…

wall gets hit to 98%
crosses triggered

crosses run out.

wall is still at 98%
-> do they get teiggered again? Why yes? Why not? If not, the game knows that this wall already was 98% before. If yes, the structure is permanently „under attack“.

how is it now cause the second option is awfully bad. Especially if WP get contested too (do they?).

i cannot imagine that it’s working as intended to perma shutdown a waypoint with 1 shot of a treb half across the map you know.

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheIceman.1039 said:

Now just need 2 thiefs and 1 guild ram

Why 2 thieves? Any two classes can kill 5 guards and build one guild ram.

But why invest two people to this task? I think one person can kill the guards and then get on their mount and Chain Pull on the gate 5 times.

15 minutes ago, CafPow.1542 said:

Nah i mean…

wall gets hit to 98%
crosses triggered

crosses run out.

wall is still at 98%
-> do they get teiggered again? Why yes? Why not? If not, the game knows that this wall already was 98% before. If yes, the structure is permanently „under attack“.

how is it now cause the second option is awfully bad. Especially if WP get contested too (do they?).

i cannot imagine that it’s working as intended to perma shutdown a waypoint with 1 shot of a treb half across the map you know.

When an objective becomes contested (in this case by bringing the wall to 97% (not 98%)), a three minute event begins. Whatever happens within these next three minutes doesn't matter. At the end of the three minutes, the event ends. The game then checks again whether something is happening that will cause an objective to be contested:

1. Wall or Gate actively taking damage while below 98%, or
2. Lord is in combat.

If neither of the above situations are happening, then the three minute contesting event won't begin again and the objective won't become contested. However, if either of the above two things happen, the three minute contested event will begin again -- causing the objective to be contested for another 3 minutes.

• Thanks 2

Just now, SerialExperiments.8075 said:

When an objective becomes contested (in this case by bringing the wall to 97% (not 98%)), a three minute event begins. Whatever happens within these next three minutes doesn't matter. At the end of the three minutes, the event ends. The game then checks again whether something is happening that will cause an objective to be contested:

2. Lord is in combat.

If neither of the above situations are happening, then the three minute contesting event won't begin again and the objective won't become contested. However, if either of the above two things happen, the three minute contested event will begin again -- causing the objective to be contested for another 3 minutes.

Ahaa.

i thought (or hoped) it had to be something like that but was not sure. Thank you.

10 hours ago, blitzbirne.2890 said:

Instead they just use the sword 2 exploid, get inside and port a whole 50man zerg inside without anyone noticing. I bet they cry .... xD

Or map break under the map, solo the lord down, and the keep flips with nothing showing as contested the whole time.

15 hours ago, SerialExperiments.8075 said:

Why 2 thieves? Any two classes can kill 5 guards and build one guild ram.

But why invest two people to this task? I think one person can kill the guards and then get on their mount and Chain Pull on the gate 5 times.

It was an irony about complaining about thieves. Rather, think about what these thieves are focusing on now that their toy has been taken from them.

23 hours ago, SerialExperiments.8075 said:

2. Lord is in combat.

Are we sure that it actually works right now? I tried damaging gates below 97% with warclaw last night and I only got like a ~25% success rate triggering swords

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coro.3176 said:

Are we sure that it actually works right now? I tried damaging gates below 97% with warclaw last night and I only got like a ~25% success rate triggering swords

No there are bugs. Use siege and there it works pretty much every time on the dime.