Whats the comfiest profession to choose for fishing activity?

Hello,

It might seem a silly question but I am planning to create an alt solely for fishing. Would love to know which classes you think is the best to deal with all the hassles which come with fishing (and the reason why).

Thank you in advance for your kind guidance.

23 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

That would probably be Ranger or Mechanist, so your pet/jade monstrosity can tank things that want to take a bite out of you.

Maybe minionmancer necromancer, so you can afk farm while you fish? As long as the minions don't just all die when you pull your fishing rod out, anyway, haven't tested it myself in a while.

Edited by draxynnic.3719

Engineer, with grenades of course. Or Holosmith, Photon Blitz can one shot every regular enemy (but has a cd before you can turn Photon Forge off).

Reaper has a strong spear aoe skill. Soul Spiral also can one shot everything.

Deadeye can quickly deal with single enemies, just DE Mark, 4 and stealth attack. Should be enough to kill stuff. Be Quick or Be Killed trait grants you 4s of quickness on marking a foe.

But instead of choosing a class for fishing, choose a good map, e.g. Crystal Oasis (literally zero enemies).

10 minutes ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

But instead of choosing a class for fishing, choose a good map, e.g. Crystal Oasis (literally zero enemies).

^^ This. The profession doesn't really matter; but it sounds like your choice of fishing holes might. I only rarely have any "hassles which come with fishing," and I almost never have to jump off the boat and engage in UW combat.

Edited by Teknomancer.4895