Minimap zoom levels randomly changing on their own from Max zoomed in to Max zoom out

My minimap is in the upper right corner, which I think is the default location.  I prefer that it is zoomed in to the max and 90% of the time that's how it stays.  However, about 10% of the time it randomly changes on its own to maximum zoom out. It happens occasionally/randomly when I exit/leave an instance or change maps.  It's happened in combat and out of combat.  It happens when I'm just moving around the world.  My mouse wheel is the only thing that could change it and then I have to hover the pointer over the minimap (no keybinds for zoom in/out)

Any ideas?

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Only that that is not the default position

Regardless, moving the minimap is supported by the game itself (move mouse over the minimap, a bar with extra buttons will appear on the right side, move mouse over a blank spot on that bar, drag and drop) and both locations (upper right and lower right) are both supported by the game.

Edited by Tinker.6924
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

That happens when your mouse pointer accidentally enters the mini map while you are using the zoom wheel.

I can say with 100% certainty that is not happening.  It has happened while I was using the WASD keys to move around and my mouse was definitely in the middle of the screen.  It has also happened when waiting for an instance map to load and my hand wasn't even on the mouse at that point.

I think this is happening to me. I've generally put it down to not realising I've prob zoomed in, but often I could swear I've not had my cursor near it or used the wheel

I haven't tried to replicate it, but I wonder if it bugs when;

- entering/exiting a building. If memory serves, sometimes the mini map zooms in in confined spaces

- after the main camera zooms during a meta

There's a lot of weird bugs that crept in with SoTo, so it's difficult to really know

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I think this is happening to me. I've generally put it down to not realising I've prob zoomed in, but often I could swear I've not had my cursor near it or used the wheel

I haven't tried to replicate it, but I wonder if it bugs when;

- entering/exiting a building. If memory serves, sometimes the mini map zooms in in confined spaces

- after the main camera zooms during a meta

There's a lot of weird bugs that crept in with SoTo, so it's difficult to really know

Sounds familiar, but to me this behaviour is present for... years, long befor SotO released. But then again, it happens rarely enough to me to just shrug and not bother.