Appearance pack and component items

I bought swimwear as I saw it was in promotions, then realised there was a package containing it in the style section, which I don't normally check. I have, however, been away from game for a while.

Would it discount the appearance pack if I wanted to buy it to get the other items? Even a little?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just so you're aware, buying Cosmetics in general is not worth it unless you are using them on Charr, the most beautiful race.

As a Charr, not only do my outfits boost my confidence in my game room, but also in the boardroom and the bedroom. Still no luck on the kitchen but we will get there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It would not. 

You could try contacting the CS Team; the problem is that they can not re-lock items that have been unlocked (like if one set was refunded and a different set was purchased). 

I've not been in this exact situation but based on things I have asked customer support about it's possible they'll do something like tell the OP to purchase the full pack, then reply to them to let them know it's been done, then they'll refund the gems for the stand-alone swimsuit. That way they don't need to make any changes to the wardrobe and the end result is the same as if the OP had bought the correct pack the first time around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That is odd. I have bought packages and the store has lowered the price because I already had some content.  To be fair, it also listed the discount on the conformation screen before I could click purchase or cancel.  Though I would not be surprised if this sort of thing were applied arbitrarily to some gemstore collections and not to others.

9 minutes ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

That is odd. I have bought packages and the store has lowered the price because I already had some content.  To be fair, it also listed the discount on the conformation screen before I could click purchase or cancel.  Though I would not be surprised if this sort of thing were applied arbitrarily to some gemstore collections and not to others.

As far as I know that only applies to buying Living World seasons.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

As far as I know that only applies to buying Living World seasons.

It was definitely something with an account bound feature that I could only have one of, I just can't remember.
I suppose technically the Appearance package does contain transmutes for the swimsuit Op already has.  Very specific, very limited, transmutation charges.  Though I don't imagine anyone would buy the package for that when actual transmutation charges are cheaper and more versatile.   

On 7/20/2024 at 10:30 PM, Mic.1897 said:

Just so you're aware, buying Cosmetics in general is not worth it unless you are using them on Charr, the most beautiful race.

As a Charr, not only do my outfits boost my confidence in my game room, but also in the boardroom and the bedroom. Still no luck on the kitchen but we will get there.

I always see you posting on the forums, you're like the lorax: "I speak for the charrs" 😂

But yeah OP as people have stated best thing you can do is contact support and they might be able to figure out a way of refunding/exchanging depending on the method used to buy the item.

Edited by Dibit.6259
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I have unlocked things with the Wardrobe Unlocker that have only unlocked part of a set. For example, backpacks unlock their glider automatically, but not the other way around for some reason. Even though I have part of a set, it doesn't effect the price of the purchase in the store. This guarantees I'll never buy the item to complete the unlock.

On 7/28/2024 at 6:04 PM, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

I have unlocked things with the Wardrobe Unlocker that have only unlocked part of a set. For example, backpacks unlock their glider automatically, but not the other way around for some reason. Even though I have part of a set, it doesn't effect the price of the purchase in the store. This guarantees I'll never buy the item to complete the unlock.

Did you check the statuett vendor? There was a tab that offered the missing parts of glider/backpack combos. It might not have what you need, but you may as well check again.

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2024 at 4:46 PM, Zebulous.2934 said:

Did you check the statuett vendor? There was a tab that offered the missing parts of glider/backpack combos. It might not have what you need, but you may as well check again.

Those are for statuette items only. The issue I as many others have had is that older unlock sets don't work both ways for unlocks. Even if it was a statuette item, it doesn't discount there either.

• Confused 1