Poll: New WvW vs Old WvW system

Evaluation of New WvW  

365 members have voted

1. 1. Which choice best describes your feelings about WR

• I prefer the new WvW system over server.
    • I prefer the servers over the new wvw system.
    • I'm indifferent.

3 hours ago, Radiobiology.6185 said:

Did Anet ever completely reverse a change? Is there still hope? This new system is so garbage its actually sad.

The scrapper gyro changes they wanted to do. 🤭

Although technically that was never implemented, but planned.

WR won't be reversed, too far gone, and the community hoppers love it.

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 4

Servers for me. And looking at the survey, I'm guessing that like me and some friends, there are a lot more people who left/abandoned WvW to play something else. The only reasons that would make me play there again is if the servers come back or if I run out of Gift of Battle and even then I'll put in the least effort possible to get it. Hopefully, they'll add a way to buy it outside of WvW in the future.

Bye. 🚪

Edited by Zoser.7245
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Zoser.7245 said:

Servers for me. And looking at the survey, I'm guessing that like me and some friends, there are a lot more people who left/abandoned WvW to play something else. The only reasons that would make me play there again is if the servers come back or if I run out of Gift of Battle and even then I'll put in the least effort possible to get it. Hopefully, they'll add a way to buy it outside of WvW in the future.

Bye. 🚪

I'm agree with the Gift of  Battle. 

@Rubi Bayer.8493  @Stephane Lo Presti.7258   The "Gift of Battle" should be purchasable from the mystic forge assistant just like the "Gift of Glory".  WvW is PvP too so PVE players should have a way to purchase it out of PvP/WvW content. Why do PvE players have to waste their time in a game mode they don't like in order to craft some legendary items? To give away free kills to boost the ego of some WvW players? That can only promote toxic behavior and hate that game mode more and more each time they need play there for get the item. And they probably annoy more than they help those who actually play with motivation and organized because they like it.

Regarding the poll, my vote goes to  “Servers”.  I am with the old school.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Heika.5403 said:

Why do PvE players have to waste their time in a game mode they don't like in order to craft some legendary items?

Same reason WvW players need to leave WvW to get the gifts of "insert the various types here; 'Exploation' ". And that is before we add in how much less time it takes to get GoB vs GoEs.

That said, back to OT, have you tried to get a GoB post WR beta start? Have you tried the differences in the two experiences? I don't want to bias your view here and since I do WvW am curious if non regular WvW players are finding the WR makes it harder or easier to get? If you were only in WvW for a GoB how did you connect with your old server? I still see people asking for help with it, as I did with servers. How willing people would be to aid, not sure that has changed just they may now be on different shards then people that might have helped them with it before.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Same reason WvW players need to leave WvW to get the gifts of "insert the various types here; 'Exploation' ". And that is before we add in how much less time it takes to get GoB vs GoEs.

Then WvW and PvP players should have the option for purchase them with WvW/PvP  currency in their lobbies with Skirmish Claim Tickets,  Memory of Battle, Badges of Honor, Shards of Glory or other available ones.  That will be the right  way in my opinion so players  can  get them where they want to play. 

3 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

That said, back to OT, have you tried to get a GoB post WR beta start? Have you tried the differences in the two experiences? I don't want to bias your view here and since I do WvW am curious if non regular WvW players are finding the WR makes it harder or easier to get? If you were only in WvW for a GoB how did you connect with your old server? I still see people asking for help with it, as I did with servers. How willing people would be to aid, not sure that has changed just they may now be on different shards then people that might have helped them with it before.

This part needs a relatively long explanation. And we are in the middle of the festivities in the city and I don't have time. But another day I will quote you and I will try to give my point of view from the type of player I am.

But yes, it has changed a lot and it was to be expected. And if one day the Alliances become a reality, the change  should be even worse for me, i guess, and it will be more extreme with guilds having full power. 

Regards

Edited by Heika.5403
  • Like 2

On 8/16/2024 at 6:34 PM, Heika.5403 said:

Then WvW and PvP players should have the option for purchase them with WvW/PvP  currency in their lobbies with Skirmish Claim Tickets,  Memory of Battle, Badges of Honor, Shards of Glory or other available ones.  That will be the right  way in my opinion so players  can  get them where they want to play. 

This has been brought up a number of times in various formats, so in general agree. Key point is shouldn't be a on way street. Vendor exchanges might have been the most common theme. Need one gift, it can be traded with multiple other gifts to factor in that another game mod was bypassed.

This part needs a relatively long explanation. And we are in the middle of the festivities in the city and I don't have time. But another day I will quote you and I will try to give my point of view from the type of player I am.

I wasn't questioning your type of player, more asking if you had a chance to try the GoB post the WR? Don't read more into my reply, I was curious if you found GoB easier or worse after WR? And if worse, why?

But yes, it has changed a lot and it was to be expected. And if one day the Alliances become a reality, the change  should be even worse for me, i guess, and it will be more extreme with guilds having full power. 

Regards

I admit, tiny guild and am having us float to test, which is where my questions come from. I am testing myself and looking for feedback from others doing the same if that helps where my questions come from.

So if this came across wrong, that is on me. Good hunting!