At this point, ranger will be just a better warrior AND a better thief

8 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Let me do something ontop of this. I killed yesterday 1v1 an untamed ranger mace/mace + hammer with core rev 😉

<Core rev is too hard for the average ranger> 😆

Spoiler

(Added a smiley, since you struggle with sarcasm 😜)

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I was was reading alot about how DH isn't tanky. Which isn't true if you build around Aegis and blocks and ofc relic of defender and valkryie amulet.

If you build for it you potentially get:

2 Aegis from Advance!

Aegis from Shield of Courage passively and active

Aegis from Purificiation

Aegis from Purification from Hunter's Premonition trait

Like 6 Aegis from Fragments of Faith 1 from using the skill and the other 5 or so from it being spread after activation

Then you have blocks:

Shield of Courage

Zealots Defense

Shield of Wrath

Renewed Focus if you count that too

You also have forms of CC in Hunter's Verdict, Binding Blade, Blind from Symbol of Blades and Leap of Faith

Just alternate between all of these and you're kitten tanky and do damage if you take Wrathful spirit trait for basically constant Resolution + Fury and Shattered aegis trait  for damage on Aegis break then take Hunter's Fortification trait for condi cleanse on block

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/1/2024 at 11:39 PM, Flowki.7194 said:

<ranger is too hard for the average warrior>

Nah, most warrior players are just a bit shocked when they see damage actually connecting in any PvP environment. 

I just wish warrior as a profession got half as much QOL as guardian and ranger gets every patch.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Nah, most warrior players are just a bit shocked when they see damage actually connecting in any PvP environment. 

I just wish warrior as a profession got half as much QOL as guardian and ranger gets every patch.

SPB, Czerker and blade were solid side noders at various points, if they failed to hit anything I don't think that case would be true. Before hammer vindi, one of the consistant comments about the spec was how broadcast it was. The only reason it became viable is hammer has an evade, a CC, and a projectile counter. That put it in line with warrior utility, in that its broadcast limitation can be negated by attrition, you start landing attacks when they run out of mitigation. Obviosuly there is a clear difference in the amount of attrition between warrior/vindi, but its the same concept. I personally feel warrior has too much sustain, just as vindi has too much dmg, so both need some work.

On the other hand, I have played against you on rifle zerker a few times now. I don't really know where to stand on that kind of build, it feels too black and white of an ecnounter "dodge this you win, miss it you die". Obviously dodging is important, but to have an entire fight decided, almost every time, by a dodge or two is not fun for either party. I use to get that same feeling playing core glass ele, ganking people in <2 seconds, or being ganked in <2 seconds, with very little inbetween due to its paper thin sustain.

I know people keep disagreing with this, but warrior issues again come down to it having too few buttons, which ends up with those fewer abilitys being bloated. It either ends up with rediculous amounts of sustain, or rediculous amounts of damage for a few buttons. On a side note, seing a lot more condi thiefs and by god, makes condi zerker look hard.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

25 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

SPB, Czerker and blade were solid side noders at various points, if they failed to hit anything I don't think that case would be true.

They were all great side noders because they could take a beating and keep on trucking. Czerker was so egregious in its interaction with the akeem that it got the tank traits for all of the zerker trait line nerfed. 

So you are entirely correct in your assessment that warrior has too much sustain. You see what happened to Bladesworn the moment its ability to spam shields and generate barrier went away. But if you strip warriors of defences and sustain at this point they are gonna fall off hard.

26 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

On the other hand, I have played against you on rifle zerker a few times now. I don't really know where to stand on that kind of build, it feels too black and white of an ecnounter "dodge this you win, miss it you die". Obviously dodging is important, but to have an entire fight decided, almost every time, by a dodge or two is not fun for either party. I use to get that same feeling playing core glass ele, ganking people in <2 seconds, or being ganked in <2 seconds, with very little inbetween due to its paper thin sustain.

Thats fair, this build choice came from being exhausted and frustrated from trying anything in melee with the current meta in play. Its not fun to get hit by but its the only thing it feels like actually get damage across.
I actually use the crossbow skin for the rifle to make it a little less glaringly obvious that im going to gunflame someone so in a way im abusing mechanics as well.

34 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

I know people keep disagreing with this, but warrior issues again come down to it having too few buttons, which ends up with those fewer abilitys being bloated. It either ends up with rediculous amounts of sustain, or rediculous amounts of damage for a few buttons. On a side note, seing a lot more condi thiefs and by god, makes condi zerker look hard.

Id love to have some more ways to spend adrenaline, having an F1-F4 selection that depends on your weapons. Warriors core mechanics are so heavily outdated that any kind of update would probably be welcome.

But you have to take into account that some people enjoy the simple way warrior works and would just like some QOL for the profession.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

They were all great side noders because they could take a beating and keep on trucking. Czerker was so egregious in its interaction with the akeem that it got the tank traits for all of the zerker trait line nerfed. 

So you are entirely correct in your assessment that warrior has too much sustain. You see what happened to Bladesworn the moment its ability to spam shields and generate barrier went away. But if you strip warriors of defences and sustain at this point they are gonna fall off hard.

Thats fair, this build choice came from being exhausted and frustrated from trying anything in melee with the current meta in play. Its not fun to get hit by but its the only thing it feels like actually get damage across.
I actually use the crossbow skin for the rifle to make it a little less glaringly obvious that im going to gunflame someone so in a way im abusing mechanics as well.

Id love to have some more ways to spend adrenaline, having an F1-F4 selection that depends on your weapons. Warriors core mechanics are so heavily outdated that any kind of update would probably be welcome.

But you have to take into account that some people enjoy the simple way warrior works and would just like some QOL for the profession.

Your spec, or any power zerker is far more balanced in risk/reward than other war builds, which essentially hold out 1v2 just for existing. Picking a build for simplicity is one thing, but when it also comes with massive sustain, which essentially makes it low risk, its over performing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Your spec, or any power zerker is far more balanced in risk/reward than other war builds, which essentially hold out 1v2 just for existing. Picking a build for simplicity is one thing, but when it also comes with massive sustain, which essentially makes it low risk, its over performing.

True, and that should be corrected.

You are 100% correct in this assessment. I highly doubt anyone would defend the current iteration of Spellbreaker.

Edited by WingSwipe.3084
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

True, and that should be corrected.

You are 100% correct in this assessment. I highly doubt anyone would defend the current iteration of Spellbreaker.

Yet they will still play it 😜 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Yet they will still play it 😜 

Some people

* want to play warrior

*are tired of being steamrolled.

Be upset at spb all you want but if options are [be boring] and [throw the match] there's only one option. Kinda greedy to expect a lot of wars to fight more honorably when their opponents are not held to that standard, innit?

Gimme that 3rd kit on berserker, I promise we switch up on that real quick

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Some people

* want to play warrior

Be upset at spb all you want but if options are [be boring] and [throw the match] there's only one option. Kinda greedy to expect a lot of wars to fight more honorably when their opponents are not held to that standard, innit?

There is "tired of being steamrolled", and then there is "SPB forcing 1V2s", and cmon mate, youre talking to the guy who plays core rev. Who gives a fk about rank when we all know plats hard ride fotm builds, and got 80% of their wins farming people with 1/3 the skill on said fotm builds. Plat is a joke in sPVP.. the only thing that really matters is the quality of fights, which is bottom of the barrel atm, becuase everybody is hard riding the least effort/highest impact spec, chasing that plat badge so they can show it off in arena, like all the other fotm gold farmers 😜 

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Sad 1

@Azure The Heartless.3261 @Flowki.7194 idk what you Guys mean .... I litterly got called a meta salve noob while i played core warrior xD.

Tho If you ask me i like Spellbreaker cause it at least feels like a better sustained core warrior and by all means im 100% a core warrior enjoyer xD. I hated the bsw Meta alot but also did not liked the Condi zerker one ^^

On 8/9/2024 at 12:01 AM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Some people

* want to play warrior

It's not some people...it's everybody. That's where the nerf shouting starts, people who don't want to be steamrolled. ...want to steamroll others. And when the steamroll others doesn't happen...the nerf shout starts

• Like 2
  • Confused 1