Quick question about homestead system: are there any materials we should hoard?

Im mostly curious about world boss and raid boss trophies. I just started raiding recently(with the wonderful GW2 training community) and found myself in possession of some raid trophy pieces. My main guild doesnt need those and I havent unlocked the guild hall for my bank guild yet. Should I hold on to those? Was there any info on that?

• Haha 2

You might as well hold everything for the next month and see then. I think there was something about the trophies, but I don't think it was specifically said if the currently available ones will work -they might.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

There are several items that might be worth holding onto. I would just hold onto those trophies, even though I do not think that they will have them work for freeholds. The reason why I think they won't have them work in freeholds is because then it will be harder to get people to donate them to guild halls. However, that doesn't mean that they won't do it. Holding is the best option.

There are other materials that have caught my eye.

• Things like dye pigments, but that is just because they lack much purpose outside of guild hall decorating. Might as well as hold onto these.
  • Linseed Oil gave me trauma for a long time while doing guild hall decorations. So much of it is used in guild hall crafting. Used in things like finishing wood furniture in real life.
  • Things in the advanced crafting materials panel might be worth having. Sometimes elemental themes are used as power sources for furniture in the lighting section of the decorations of guild halls. The plant elementals are sometimes used in things like crafting plants in guild hall decorations.
  • The ones that have really caught my eye are the items that state "Used in decoration crafting." These are only used in decorations for guild halls at the moment.
    • Lumber Cores, which are commonly used  for things like trees in guild hall decorating.
      • Palm Lumber Core
      • Arid Lumber Core
      • Alpine Lumber Core
      • Krytan Lumber Core
      • Costal Lumber Core
      • Ascalonian Lumber Core
    • Giant Mushroom Spore
    • Pristine Feather
    • Festive Transom
    • Ascalonian Blueprint
    • Feldspar Core
    • Visage of <Insert God Here>
      • Visage of Dwayna
      • Visage of Kormir
      • Visage of Balthazar
      • Visage of Grenth
      • Visage of Melandru
      • Visage of Lyssa
  • Lunar New Year backpieces. They are used for crafting those new year statues in guild halls.
Edited by Quench.7091
  • Thanks 1

Rewatching the PCgamer video, it looks like materials needed to craft items  (<<Refined Homestead Wood>> as an example)  can be crafted with all tiers of logs, but requires less materials the higher the tier:
for Exmaple 1 <<Refined homestead wood>> can be crafted from either of the following:

• 24 greenwood logs,
  • 8 soft wood logs,
  • 4 seasoned wood logs,
  • 2 hard wood logs,
  • 4 elder wood logs (a higher amount due to the abundance of elder wood),
  • 1 ancient wood log

with a similar pattern for Metal, Cloth, and Fibres(made from harvesting materials).

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Correct me if i'm wrong (haven't raided for a while already), but aren't raid boss trophies still used as KPs?

Kill Proof isn't the designed or intended use of raid trophies; it's an emergent property brought about by the community at large.

so yes, they are, does that matter? no

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

Kill Proof isn't the designed or intended use of raid trophies; it's an emergent property brought about by the community at large.

Irrelevant in context of OP's question. Which, if you haven't noticed, was whether he should hold on to them or not.

if theyr'e still used as KPs, and since OP just started raiding recently, then yes, probably he should hold on to them just for that one reason alone.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Irrelevant in context of OP's question. Which, if you haven't noticed, was whether he should hold on to them or not.

if theyr'e still used as KPs, and since OP just started raiding recently, then yes, probably he should hold on to them just for that one reason alone.

but in the context of homesteading (which this topic is), the use of raid trophies for KP is irrelevent

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

They are used as killproofs, but many people already use killproof.me which can also track the killproofs you receive and spend.

• Like 1

The stream showed that you can purchase a weekly limit of homestead material with unrefined wood, ore, and plants. Any wood, ore, and plant can be use while higher tiers uses less for each purchase. There are also recipes that use the raw materials, so not a good idea to use them all.

On 7/30/2024 at 12:14 PM, Parasite.5389 said:

Rewatching the PCgamer video, it looks like materials needed to craft items  (<<Refined Homestead Wood>> as an example)  can be crafted with all tiers of logs, but requires less materials the higher the tier:
for Exmaple 1 <<Refined homestead wood>> can be crafted from either of the following:

• 24 greenwood logs,
  • 8 soft wood logs,
  • 4 seasoned wood logs,
  • 2 hard wood logs,
  • 4 elder wood logs (a higher amount due to the abundance of elder wood),
  • 1 ancient wood log

with a similar pattern for Metal, Cloth, and Fibres(made from harvesting materials).

That would be hilarious, with JW arriving straight after we've all gambled away our low tier materials in Labyrinthine Cliffs😄