Homestead - don't make us physically park alts inside the homestead

3 minutes ago, Akarat.7106 said:

Does this sound player friendly to you at all?

I suppose that depends on the player. It's what I already do with some of my characters if they're at the end of a jumping puzzle or whatever - they go to Armistice Bastion to empty out their inventory, then back to the puzzle. But for me the time required to do that is trivial because I don't have an army of alts I have to cycle through and I'm not worried about efficent farming.

I'm just pointing out there is already an option to be able to do both with the same character.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I think JPs were probably originally intended to be ran from start to finish; but a small percentage of the player base has been parking alts on end chests simply to log their alts for quick rewards. And with homesteads and alt parking simply to show them off, you even get the rested bonus and option to still park wherever you want and simply click the 'exit instance' to get back to wherever you were in the world... I think one extra mouse click is as player friendly you will get if you're expecting to reap the "rewards" of both JP reward chests AND the new homestead alt show-off feature.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Akarat.7106 said:

It's not feasible or fun to do the following on every alt to log in at homestead, then to "return to previous map" button, farm the parking spot, go back to homestead, log out. This is just tremendously cumbersome and not player friendly

Well, it's not fun to cycle through a bunch of alts just so you can click 'interact' either. I don't think ppls are doing it bc it's fun . . .

But it's worth noting that what you describe is completely unnecessary. Homesteads will not actually require you to park your alts there. You can keep them at their parking spots if you feel the extra loading screen isn't worth seeing them in your homestead when you're on another toon . . .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

I wonder how many characters can actually show up, from the article it makes it sound like only three, one of each weight at that as they have preset places.

So if I want a Revenant, Guardian and a Warrior there, what then?

I have a feeling this is gonna be subject to change, I'd rather have a system where you can pick and choose who'd be there from the character select screen.

It would also be great if we still had the Town Clothes as originally implemented and if we could pick if they'd either use that or their combat armor. It could be a good time to introduce more town clothes too.

I would also like it if by default they'd just go around roaming, pretend to perform tasks here and there, just to make it more lively.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

I wonder how many characters can actually show up, from the article it makes it sound like only three, one of each weight at that as they have preset places.

In PC Gamer's reveal of Homestead it's revealed we can have up to 30 alts parked in our homestead.

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/mmo/guild-wars-2-janthir-wilds-homestead-exclusive/

• Like 3

On 7/31/2024 at 9:23 PM, Akarat.7106 said:
@Anet: regarding the feature of alts inside your homestead:

I wish we don't have to physically park alts in the homestead. Now we'll have to give up valuable parking alts spots to make use of this cool feature where you can show off your alts and make them follow you around. If this doesn't get changed, this feature is Dead On Arrival to me (and I presume many alt parking spot fans). If only we could just clone an alt and make them live within our homestead so we can still park alts wherever we want in Tyria, it would actually be a feature that is fun and usable at the same time. There is no gained benefit from having an alt parked in your homestead, so why not let us clone alts inside homesteads so we can actually enjoy them?

Just make a mannequin of your alts if you're so desperate to see them in your Homestead

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, vandrefalk.6823 said:

Knowing this forum I'm expecting a 50-page long thread outraged that not all the alts can be parked there😄

Well, it doesn't have to be a 50 pager, but yeah if the cap indeed turns out to be 30 alts, I'm wondering where the other 44 are supposed to hang out 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

On 8/1/2024 at 1:05 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Not a fan of how alts are going to be parked in the Homestead. I assume, if you have one follow to change their location and you log back in on that alt, their location will change again?

Based on the stream, the alts go back to their default position when you leave the homestead. There is no point to moving your alts to a spot that you think suits them best. So there is no point to having your alts in your homestead at all.

• Confused 3

12 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Based on the stream, the alts go back to their default position when you leave the homestead. There is no point to moving your alts to a spot that you think suits them best. So there is no point to having your alts in your homestead at all.

That sounds confusing.

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

That sounds confusing.

How is it confusing? If you like to move your alt to a spot that works better for them, you can't. When you leave, the alts go back to a default area. The point of having alts in your home is so they can be where you think makes the most sense for them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/2/2024 at 5:40 AM, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

So if I want a Revenant, Guardian and a Warrior there, what then?

I have a feeling this is gonna be subject to change, I'd rather have a system where you can pick and choose who'd be there from the character select screen.

It would also be great if we still had the Town Clothes as originally implemented and if we could pick if they'd either use that or their combat armor. It could be a good time to introduce more town clothes too.

I would also like it if by default they'd just go around roaming, pretend to perform tasks here and there, just to make it more lively.

From the livestream. You can have 30 alts parked in your Homestead. That is 10 of each armor weight, light, medium and heavy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

How is it confusing?

Their design, as explained by you, is confusing. What is the point of having no real control over your alts' position? As you stated, in that case, it is better to not have any of them present in your Homestead.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1