Don't remove duoQ

People complaining about awful experience in ranked soloQ isnt because of duoQ existing, its because of the fact soloQ just sucks. Just make some friends, team up and have a great time. Dont try to take the fun from everyone by complaining about something that is a YOU problem.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 20

Duo queuing in a match where others can, and more commonly do, solo queue is a problem.

It's abused beyond measure to manipulate the matches.  

It's also a problem when you get a pair of "associates" that intend to screw around, instead of bothering with the nature of a game that's PPT oriented.

It's often used in tandem with free-to-play accounts to boost those "friends" you speak of.

Removing duo joining should be implemented, and F2P accounts should be limited to unranked games.

This isn't a "you" problem.  It's an "everybody's" problem.  It should absolutely be removed from the game.  It's abused more than not.

There should be unranked, ranked, and team ranked.

sPvP is a dumpster fire, as it stands, and unless Anet decides to change it, it's going to be a source of poor sportsmanship, and strife.  It only adds to the already monstrous levels of toxicity that festers in this particular game mode.

• Thanks 20

What would you like as evidence?  You asking for hard evidence, when you know I don't have access to Anet's resources is disingenuous to the topic.  But I will explain, incase you are genuinely asking.

It's well known that players will have their main account that they want to boost with a group of their friends, where those friends will take a FTP account that is fresh and low ranked, but played by an experienced player.

So what ends up happening, is you've got two highly skilled players affecting the matchmaking, where the main account is paired with much lower skilled/ranked players, due to that duo queuing with the low ranked account.  Pair that with a coordination on voice coms, and you get gross match manipulations.

If you don't think that's happening, you need to open your eyes much wider.

So removing F2P accounts from accessing the ranked matches should be done, as well as stopping the duo queuing.

It's interesting that you're not advocating for a team ladder, no?  Very interesting.....

• Thanks 7

1 minute ago, Firebaall.5127 said:

If you don't think that's happening, you need to open your eyes much wider.

I dont think its not happening, I just disagree with your absurd statement.

2 minutes ago, Firebaall.5127 said:

I don't have access to Anet's resources

If it would be a as you mentioned in your statement, Anet would know about it and would take action against it.

3 minutes ago, Firebaall.5127 said:

will take a FTP account

You dont have access to elite specs so FTP accounts would not be used for that. Core specs are too kitten, even for top players.

5 minutes ago, Firebaall.5127 said:

due to that duo queuing with the low ranked account

I agree duoQ with too low rated accounts should not be allowed.

5 minutes ago, Firebaall.5127 said:

It's interesting that you're not advocating for a team ladder, no?

Where did you get that? 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

Just now, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

I ask for proof for the absurd statement that duoQ is abused more than used normally.

Again you use semantics in argument, the wording and what not, even though you understand the subtext and the reasoning but chose to ignore it. We are not a court of law here, its not a battle, its a forum to discuss ideas and arguing in negative manner is not convincing the people in your idea it does the opposite.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Firebaall.5127 said:

You're not able to argue your position here at all Malo.

Until you can provide a cogent argument against what I wrote, I'm done addressing you.

Have a good one.

You made an absurd statement with no evidence. Since you cant give any reasonable proof of it being even remotely true, it will not contribute anything to this discussion. Im not in the position to counter proof your statement, you have to proof them.

Edited by Mne Malo Tebya.2965
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

11 minutes ago, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

Yeah id like to discuss, but if someone just throws an absurd statement without any evidence for it being true and even asks me to counter proof it.

Literally can't post links here, cause it breaks the forum rules. There is a kittening site for sales and there are plenty of videos and threads outside the forum about the situation, that break name and shame forum rule and the spreading of cheats and exploits rule. 

https://www.google.com/

Here is a link that will get you the proof without my kitten getting banned.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

People complaining about awful experience in ranked soloQ isnt because of duoQ existing, its because of the fact soloQ just sucks. Just make some friends, team up and have a great time. Dont try to take the fun from everyone by complaining about something that is a YOU problem.

Soloq sucks because the people duoquing want an advantage in a guaranteed reliable teammate.

That's why they stack. They force the matchmaker to pair them and use that guarantee to manipulate the cohesion of the  other team, either by making the matchmaker have to try harder to balance teams when slotting players by grabbing a player way outside of the bracket of the short team to weigh against the duo, or by allowing smurfs to weigh the duo into easier matches. 

However.

It's obvious nobody enjoys carrying full random in ranked, and if they do the forums will come after their build soon good luck.  Some newer players may appreciate playing with their friends to start off.

Just use the nuanced take.  You can duo q up to plat. When you hit plat, the game knows you're in tryhard tier and can be expected to adapt or carry, so that's when duo ends. If you wanna vibe, cool.  You can do that up to you nearing top 250. When you're there, now you have to tryhard.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Soloq sucks because the people duoquing want an advantage in a guaranteed reliable teammate.

That's why they stack. They force the matchmaker to pair them and use that guarantee to manipulate the cohesion of the  other team, either by making the matchmaker have to try harder to balance teams when slotting players by grabbing a player way outside of the bracket of the short team to weigh against the duo, or by allowing smurfs to weigh the duo into easier matches. 

However.

It's obvious nobody enjoys carrying full random in ranked, and if they do the forums will come after their build soon good luck.  Some newer players may appreciate playing with their friends to start off.

Just use the nuanced take.  You can duo q up to plat. When you hit plat, the game knows you're in tryhard tier and can be expected to adapt or carry, so that's when duo ends.

I appreciate the first not kitten comment here.

Anyways speaking about duoQ up to plat. They tested that some years ago and the result was that most players prefer queuing up with a friend even when that would negatively affect matchmaking.

Well that was some years ago and things might be different today but honestly it still seems the same. This forum is basically always 10 same people complaining about it nonstop. If it would be an insane problem, alot more people would come here and say it. 

Edited by Mne Malo Tebya.2965
  • Confused 6

21 minutes ago, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

They tested that some years ago and the result was that most players prefer queuing up with a friend even when that would negatively affect matchmaking.

I can buy that.  

I think that because the overarching problem is people are rewarded for farming by stacking in ranked (which makes solo heroing wretched), if theres a solution that allows the ladder to be determined by a number of factors beyond wins, maybe its worth exploring. 

I don't doubt most people would SAY they'd rather team than solo. What happens in practice is more important though.  I can SAY i would rather duo with a friend at a hit to matchmaking while we talk kitten on discord and mean it 1000%, but if he or I aren't on and I think everyone else is kinda mid guess what queue I'm actually in. 

The population is smaller now. Might be worth revisiting how hard we let duos stack. I don't agree at least for now with nuking it entirely, but I think the sparkly eyed new players should probably have a couple of fair games so they stick around long enough to be worthy of plat in the future.

27 minutes ago, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

This forum is basically always 10 same people complaining about it nonstop. If it would be an insane problem, alot more people would come here and say it. 

You're not wrong but I'm almost certain that if I were a new player and got deleted upon stepping into pvp because a plat duo was Godzilla'ing about at 3 AM, I wouldn't think

"Hm, maybe the matchmaker is off I should ask the forums"

Id think

"Wow i suck I'm never catching these people"

Or

"Oh I guess this pvp is unbalanced like every other one"

Then go gallavanting back to pve

The people dying to this arent going to pipe up about it, they're gonna go pve more.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

You're not wrong but I'm almost certain that if I were a new player and got deleted upon stepping into pvp because a plat duo was Godzilla'ing about at 3 AM, I wouldn't think

"Hm, maybe the matchmaker is off I should ask the forums"

Id think

"Wow i suck I'm never catching these people"

Or

"Oh I guess this pvp is unbalanced like every other one"

Then go gallavanting back to pve

Agree with that, but the problem would still exist without duoq. I dont think it matters if a complete newbie is run over by a duoQ plat or a single plat player. 

• Confused 6

3 minutes ago, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

Agree with that, but the problem would still exist without duoq. I dont think it matters if a complete newbie is run over by a duoQ plat or a single plat player. 

Would be buffered a bit because the matchmaker would have an easier time finding a friendly team plat to help mitigate the steamroll. Two players that know what they're doing will obliterate 5 that only sort of know, but if the Matchmaker can do its job those two players ideally will be busy dealing with the presence of each other.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

Splitting hairs. Plat v Newb/casual should never happen at all, but it does, regularly.

I agree with you, keep duo, but limit MMR range so p2 duos face p1/2 enemy.. their advantedge would massively deminish.

• Confused 1

that's an easy deal
don't remove duoq then, but ADD soloq where you can only soloq and be matched against other solos
then make duoq 2v2 or something, idk whatever you and the other 50 people who duo want, all yours
ez pz problem solved, nothing removed

3 hours ago, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

Do you have any evidence for such a absurd statement?

also recommend dropping out of Vaunch's school for arguments, it's a scam

• Like 2
  • Confused 1