How to find fair games as a solo player in Ranked PvP

4 minutes ago, Eurantien.4632 said:

Some of them could be. Time of day can help. Time of the season can help. Playing the right build can help. If my team is 2 thieves, a dps virt, and a reaper, and I also go a dps, and they have 2 bunker spellbreakers. That's a recipe for a loss since no one on our team wants to really stand in circles with that comp. OP asked how do solo players play this game? and the answer is, "just fine" most of the time.

A lot of the imbalance of matches comes from player skill and spec choice.

Thanks for elaborating more generally. I agree spec choice is important too. It's hard to balance 1/5 of a team but it's enough to be significant for sure. Our definitions of "just fine" might not match but I did understand what you mean by that and won't make an issue out of it. However, I would still keep "player skill" specifically out of it as it should have been Anet's thing to make sure sufficiently similar player skills can be matched (in average, outlier matches could happen but actually be outliers). The universal "git gud" solution always works for individuals but the reality is that the distribution of players is rarely ever skewed towards the best ones, there needs to be a bit more work from dev side so people will even stick around enough to git gud.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I have no idea who Tycura is--and you realize 'the account I had just solo queued top 10' means your alt, which is already suspect behavior to begin with.  That and you mention duels, so if this Tycura is you're duel buddy then...

Starting at high placements, alt'ing to decay dodge, and more than likely trading a win here and there, sure you can 'solo q to top 10'.  But what Eura said above reads as if any average joe can solo q to top 10 with some hard work and nothing else, while he's at almost 400 games and not Top 10 whilst being one of the better Ranger players.  

Anyway, if 'practicing duels' is a euphamism for finding a throw buddy, then sure...OP, go find a duel partner! 

Wow how did you come to this crazy wild accusations from me mentioning tycura xD .  You have issues my guy, better get checked up. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, youle.5824 said:

Tycura just solo queued to rank 10 this Sunday kicking down to 11th the the account I had just solo queued to top 10. He did it while testing condi soul beast builds, I did it while playing spellbreaker for the first time in a while. Solo q to top 10 happens all the time. Eura often solo queued to top 10 I can confirm as well, if forum warriors spent the time they write posts practicing duels they would all have done it by now lmao.

since when is gatekeeping with alts and playing duos considered solo?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

since when is gatekeeping with alts and playing duos considered solo?

I played solos on both my alts that were in top 10 this weekend for fun btw and me gatekeeping? Lol not even worthy of a reply 

• Confused 3

4 minutes ago, youle.5824 said:

I played solos on both my alts that were in top 10 this weekend for fun btw and me gatekeeping? Lol not even worthy of a reply 

Just now, notamain.2839 said:

Because you had 2 accounts in top 10 @Last Crab.6054 could not be there. thats why hes pissed.

and you replied twice, and its funny you advise others to seek help. lmao

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

The fact that Youle is trying to defend having multiple alts in the top 10 is laughable. Just another issue with this game that makes the ranked leaderboard a joke. Top 10 isn't the top 10, it's more like top 5 and their 5 alts. Yes, I am salty that I got rank 11 in season 8, as I should be, Helio had 2 alts in top 10 so I was the #9 player. And this also kicks players out of top 25 and top 100.

• Thanks 6

1 minute ago, Jagdtiger.2517 said:

The fact that Youle is trying to defend having multiple alts in the top 10 is laughable. Just another issue with this game that makes the ranked leaderboard a joke. Top 10 isn't the top 10, it's more like top 5 and their 5 alts. Yes, I am salty that I got rank 11 in season 8, as I should be, Helio had 2 alts in top 10 so I was the #9 player. And this also kicks players out of top 25 and top 100.

Should just ban 249 player if you are rank 250 so you will be a god.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3