Terrain manipulation?

From the few previews I've seen, it seems like the homestead land is completely flat. This is a good starting point for customization, but it seems like an issue for anyone that wants a raised area to put a shrine or a castle or whatever. for example, the lighthouse in seitung province stands on a small hill in the center of the island with a ramp-like set of bounding rocks leading up to it. is that style possible to replicate in the homestead? there's also the concept of having rolling low hills for aesthetics. for those that dont know, terrain topography is a different type of asset to 3D model assets. Is is possible have terrain sculpting tools? or if not now, maybe added later?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

I don't think they'll bother adding this, they stated the WP area can't be built on, presumably can't be moved either, I'm guessing you can't move the house either, other things like cats are also stationary confirmed and I'm guessing the pier and cave along with other areas won't be able to be changed either.

So with all that terrain manipulation would at best be limited to pockets, now you'd have to make exclusion zones, which I bet their terrain editor doesn't have plus make tools that translate to be easily accessible for technically-uninclined players and you end up with a feature request that's more trouble than its worth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I don't think they'll try such a thing. At least not in GW2. Terrain manipulation would also require things like painting the terrain and adding/removing/moving existing 3D models, such as cliff models or buildings. If they were to add such a feature, it would probably be in the form of a map that is designed from the ground up to be manipulated in such a way. We wouldn't need things like grass decorations, since we would be able to add that grass or remove it to paint a cliff or path via terrain manipulation.

I would love such a thing, though.

Edit: There was a game that I had played that got around the issue of terrain manipulation via 3D models. It was Forge mode in Halo Infinite. They had terrain objects that would automatically match the ground texture. Not a perfect solution, just a suggestion for an alternative that I've experienced.

Edited by Quench.7091
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Perhpas going forward, they could give us some tools for terra-forming for raising the ground to form cliffs and hills or sink it to form valley or lake. One thing I didn't see in the demo videos, no waterfall in our homestead? The intro trailer shows drawings of many cascading waterfalls in the end, please let there be at least one interactive waterfall inside our homestead. I want to be drenched under the waterfall in my newly purchased Dior bikinis...

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'd love terra forming but I dont think the game engine is designed for it? I could be wrong.

I would love decorations that could be placed like giant bolders plants and such.  I didnt see the live stream so I'm not sure what we're getting for furnishings.  I also know they're adding more as time goes on

• Like 1