Best race in gw2

What is the best race in gw2 ?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best race to play in gw2 according to you ?

• Charr
    • Norn
    • Asura
    • Human female
    • Silvari
    • Tengu

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/21/2024 at 06:07 PM

13 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Dervish

I want classic Dervish and Ritualist so bad XD.   Someday if we get elites again.  Hope those are elites.

From a jumping puzzle perspective, Asura, human and Sylvari are best.

From a fashion perspective, Human, Norn and Sylvari because they share similar rigs so armor and costumes fit them better.

From a personal perspective: Charr, Sylvari because they're my 2 fav races.  Love their lore and look.  Tengu would be on that list if they were playable 😞

On 8/14/2024 at 1:39 PM, Randulf.7614 said:

Science can answer this!

Why yes, a scientific endeavor could quite undoubtedly resolve this query. Although, there are some, or rather many, flaws in the scientific process you demonstrated.

To identify the superior race we must first evaluate the physical form of each to determine if they exhibit any malformations or defects.

The Charr while robustly resilient, do have the sad misfortune of possessing a rather severe genetic defect resulting in a permanent hunch back that presents itself in early childhood and only grows worse with age. For this reason, we can eliminate the Charr from any further testing.

Norn by all our physiological studies appear to be little different from humans possessing a gene for gigantism, but unlike most who possess this genetic abnormality they appear to have reaped all the benefits of the defect without any of the usual maladies. For this reason, Norm shall undergo further testing.

Humans, I don’t know how they keep passing every physical examination we give them, their muscles structure should not hold up to these exercises and yet they persist… Further study is required.

The Sylvari are a rather curious anomaly. By all accounts they should not exist. Our instruments detect the presence of magic and sentience, but the only life we detect is that of a simple plant. More studies will be performed.

All attempts to perform physical examinations on Tengu have resulted in failure and threats to one’s life. A rough measurement of the cranium was acquired at great risk to one’s own health however. By these measurements we can conclude that even if the Tengu would pass the physical examinations they would never pass the second stage of the testing process.

Asura have proven not only more agile than the other races tested, but also possess greater body strength relative to their weight and stature. It should come as no surprise that such a specimen would qualify for further testing.

Phase two of tests in shall examine the mental capabilities of each race. The most superior race should be not only physically sound, but mentally as well.

Up first are the Norn. When presented with a simple series of equations and theorems regarding the relationship of dragons to the eternal alchemy they responded with rhetoric about Owl and Raven. No further testing required, Norn are not sound of mind.

Humans answered the same questions with a mixed bag of accuracy and “wisdom of the Six”. While curious that they can derive the correct answers in such a way, it is clear that humans too are also not of sound of mind.

Most of our Sylvari subjects show extreme difficulty in comprehension of the questions asked or the ability to maintain focus for long periods of time. A few subjects however show expert intelligence and even managed to answer many questions before we even finished asking them. Quite remarkable, but clearly defective.

Finally we come to the Asura again, it should come with no surprise that all of our Asura test subjects passed every exam without a single flaw and in record time too.

With this, I conclude that we Asura are unequivocally the superior race of Tyria.

Edited by Panda.1967
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

from the aesthetic I like Sylvari the most. It's the glow, and the odd colour combinations that you can make with them.

A bit of a downer is that the Syvari themed armors were only in base game. On plus side, they have an opportunity to release a new cultural armor line.

+ the animations feel really clean for Sylvaris

Second place for me goes to Norn. While large models, they have awesome tattoos. --> need new tattoos

Edited by RagiNagi.1802
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Panda.1967 said:

Why yes, a scientific endeavor could quite undoubtedly resolve this query. Although, there are some, or rather many, flaws in the scientific process you demonstrated.

To identify the superior race we must first evaluate the physical form of each to determine if they exhibit any malformations or defects.

The Charr while robustly resilient, do have the sad misfortune of possessing a rather severe genetic defect resulting in a permanent hunch back that presents itself in early childhood and only grows worse with age. For this reason, we can eliminate the Charr from any further testing.

Norn by all our physiological studies appear to be little different from humans possessing a gene for gigantism, but unlike most who possess this genetic abnormality they appear to have reaped all the benefits of the defect without any of the usual maladies. For this reason, Norm shall undergo further testing.

Humans, I don’t know how they keep passing every physical examination we give them, their muscles structure should not hold up to these exercises and yet they persist… Further study is required.

The Sylvari are a rather curious anomaly. By all accounts they should not exist. Our instruments detect the presence of magic and sentience, but the only life we detect is that of a simple plant. More studies will be performed.

All attempts to perform physical examinations on Tengu have resulted in failure and threats to one’s life. A rough measurement of the cranium was acquired at great risk to one’s own health however. By these measurements we can conclude that even if the Tengu would pass the physical examinations they would never pass the second stage of the testing process.

Asura have proven not only more agile than the other races tested, but also possess greater body strength relative to their weight and stature. It should come as no surprise that such a specimen would qualify for further testing.

Phase two of tests in shall examine the mental capabilities of each race. The most superior race should be not only physically sound, but mentally as well.

Up first are the Norn. When presented with a simple series of equations and theorems regarding the relationship of dragons to the eternal alchemy they responded with rhetoric about Owl and Raven. No further testing required, Norn are not sound of mind.

Humans answered the same questions with a mixed bag of accuracy and “wisdom of the Six”. While curious that they can derive the correct answers in such a way, it is clear that humans too are also not of sound of mind.

Most of our Sylvari subjects show extreme difficulty in comprehension of the questions asked or the ability to maintain focus for long periods of time. A few subjects however show expert intelligence and even managed to answer many questions before we even finished asking them. Quite remarkable, but clearly defective.

Finally we come to the Asura again, it should come with no surprise that all of our Asura test subjects passed every exam without a single flaw and in record time too.

With this, I conclude that we Asura are unequivocally the superior race of Tyria.

I feel a slight bias in this study.

Could it be that the study was conducted by a board of mostly Asura scientists? Was it peer-reviewed by scientists  of other races?

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Omega.6801 said:

Could it be that the study was conducted by a board of mostly Asura scientists? Was it peer-reviewed by scientists  of other races?

It was presented at the last meeting of humans, norn, sylvari and asura (obv not Charr) and rejected for bias.

I mean, since all races are "humanoid" and not "asuranoid", it's clear without too much study, but the original scientific analysis is regarded as definitive at this point

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Omega.6801 said:

How dare you accuse me of having a precognitive bias in my studies. I will assure you that we Asuran scientists are well trained to put our biases aside for the name of research. We even used this diagram of human physiological anatomy provided by a Canthan research lab as the basis for normality when conducting our physical examinations. Despite the simple fact that Asuran physiology is the epitome of perfection, and therefore any deviation is a defect, we still adhered to what other races considered to be “a normal basis”.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

It was presented at the last meeting of humans, norn, sylvari and asura (obv not Charr) and rejected for bias.

I thought as much, thanks for clarifying.

12 minutes ago, Panda.1967 said:

How dare you accuse me of having a precognitive bias in my studies. I will assure you that we Asuran scientists are well trained to put our biases aside for the name of research. We even used this diagram of human physiological anatomy provided by a Canthan research lab as the basis for normality when conducting our physical examinations. Despite the simple fact that Asuran physiology is the epitome of perfection, and therefore any deviation is a defect, we still adhered to what other races considered to be “a normal basis”.

I was just asking questions like the unbiased scientist I totally am. #HexaneRegardeNeverForgetNeverForgive(Spoilers for LS2)

16 minutes ago, Omega.6801 said:

I thought as much, thanks for clarifying.

I was just asking questions like the unbiased scientist I totally am. #HexaneRegardeNeverForgetNeverForgive(Spoilers for LS2)

Not all of us are as unscrupulous as Vorpp. I assure you, all test subjects were voluntary participants and were returned to their homes unharmed. The Tengu were the only race that did not volunteer any subjects, and our cranial measurements were obtained at no harm to them, but great harm to my self. 

• Like 2

On 8/14/2024 at 1:50 PM, Farohna.6247 said:

The best race is the one you enjoy playing.  Purely subjective.  

This is blatantly false. It's scientifically proven that Charr increase your dopamine, your income and even your credit score.

If you want to achieve your goals in life, it begins with your decision to roll Charr.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mic.1897 said:

This is blatantly false. It's scientifically proven that Charr increase your dopamine, your income and even your credit score.

If you want to achieve your goals in life, it begins with your decision to roll Charr.

Oh I voted for Charr lol.  That's all I play, I would highly recommend.  The others make delicious uhhh guests for Meatoberfest and a side salad.  

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1