Remove duo q

18 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

This myth has been disproven multiple times over.

Do I get roasted again if I ask for proof?

If Anet wanted, we could have soloQ with its own leaderboard, duoQ with its own leaderboard, and a 3v3 permanent gamemode. The quality of matches and queue times will stay the same because it's not a drastic displacement of players.

So you mean if we split the base of lets say 3000 pvp players to 3 different mode, it wouldnt affect anything? You do realise how kittened Q times are already? Lets assume the player base would split evenly. That would mean there would be 1000 players total for each mode. Or 2000 less players on each mode. I think that would mean terrible Q times and even worse matchmaking because there are even less players to throw into the matchmaker.

When Stronghold released and everyone and their mothers were queueing up for that gamemode, Conquest queues were still on-going. Queue times stayed the same.

Thats because people came to play the new mode. It died within a few weeks just like any other mode Anet ever introduced.

Just look at off season 2v2 or 3v3 fiesta. 90% of the active pvp players literally take a forced 2 week break cuz they cba to play this kitten.

Edited by notamain.2839
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/19/2024 at 10:54 AM, notamain.2839 said:

So you mean if we split the base of lets say 3000 pvp players to 3 different mode, it wouldnt affect anything? You do realise how kittened Q times are already? Lets assume the player base would split evenly. That would mean there would be 1000 players total for each mode. Or 2000 less players on each mode. I think that would mean terrible Q times and even worse matchmaking because there are even less players to throw into the matchmaker.

i disagree with you, you are assuming that every game mode would get the same popularity and that is not true. Most people i would agree would play ranked solo q. 

Maybe if you are worried about that, give the people in duoq the option to split the team in to reduce matching time. But i absolutely agree for the integrity of rank matches that duo q should be limited or straight removed. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, zonias.1083 said:

i disagree with you, you are assuming that every game mode would get the same popularity and that is not true

The point is that splitting it, even when its not gonna be evenly, we will have overall less people in all modes. Right now we dont have a working matchmaking due to low population. Decreasing that even further by splitting your already low population, will turn things even worse.

Edited by notamain.2839

6 minutes ago, notamain.2839 said:

The point is that splitting it, even when its not gonna be evenly, we will have overall less people in all modes. Right now we dont have a working matchmaking due to low population. Decreasing that even further by splitting your already low population, will turn things even worse.

Merging na and eu pvp like we have with tp and other features would mitigate myriad of the issues

Inb4 chorus of "No" and confused emojis

Edited by Triptaminas.4789
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

Merging na and eu pvp like we have with tp and other features would mitigate myriad of the issues

Inb4 chorus of "No" and confused emojis

I mean thats indirectly already happenening. Look how many EU players come to play AT's on NA and vice versa.

Edited by notamain.2839

44 minutes ago, notamain.2839 said:

I mean thats indirectly already happenening. Look how many EU players come to play AT's on NA and vice versa.

I'm aware, merging still would elevate lot of issues even if some portion of lowkey hacks already go to na for easy mode. 

• Confused 1

On 8/20/2024 at 1:45 PM, notamain.2839 said:

then just straight remove duo q. The matchmaking can not keep up with player demand, as a high gold/plat 1 player i already take at least 5 minutes to find a match. If people are allowed to q when they reach that ranking, there is no easy way to find players higher than then to face them. Duo q only makes the problem worst. I have already seen my entire team of 4 people quite gw2 because they could not stand the abuse of matchmaking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

your alts don't want it removed*

#1 out of 10

o7

Like you wanna convince me that most people want duoQ removed and yet your the only one coming here and crying to me. If its a big problem there would be more people complaining. Like look at balance threads about busted things, people go hard there cuz its a problem.

Edited by notamain.2839
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, notamain.2839 said:

#1 out of 10

o7

Like you wanna convince me that most people want duoQ removed and yet your the only one coming here and crying to me. If its a big problem there would be more people complaining. Like look at balance threads about busted things, people go hard there cuz its a problem.

Look your thread about how everyone responded negative in votes.

Look how everyone responds in votes about it being removed in ranked.

Unless you're looking with eyes closed, then I have no idea how you're not seeing it 🥲

6 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Understandable. "Same 70 people" just wouldn't hit the same.

First of all, you guys say that top players defend duoQ and rig polls with alt accounts. How come that those polls dont get 1000 votes to keep duoQ?

Sorry to break your illusion but even 70 people are not the majority of the players. There are 70 people voting against it, but 99% of the pvp player base dont even bother coming here cuz they see no problem with it.

10 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Trying to call bs because he is afraid hard it might actually get there 🙂

Im pretty sure I will enjoy your desperate try to get Anet remove duoQ even in 50 years. 🙂 

Gotta respect the endurance you have to keep that up for over 6 years though.

Edited by notamain.2839

52 minutes ago, notamain.2839 said:

First of all, you guys say that top players defend duoQ and rig polls with alt accounts. How come that those polls dont get 1000 votes to keep duoQ?

Sorry to break your illusion but even 70 people are not the majority of the players. There are 70 people voting against it, but 99% of the pvp player base dont even bother coming here cuz they see no problem with it.

Im pretty sure I will enjoy your desperate try to get Anet remove duoQ even in 50 years. 🙂 

Gotta respect the endurance you have to keep that up for over 6 years though.

If 15 confused faces on a topic about some overperforming builds can be made and then next patch nerfed.

Then so can 70 people voting for removing duo queue work too.

Also you have zero arguments since you know yourself you're bs urself about lies trying to defend it 🙂