When can we download the expansion? [Merged]

It'll be patchable in about 2.5 hours from this time. There has likely been some pre-downloading with other recent patches, but the main download will happen

Expect some server hiccups and addition hot fix patches through the night though. One does not simply download and walk into Janthir...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

It'll be patchable in about 2.5 hours from this time. There has likely been some pre-downloading with other recent patches, but the main download will happen

Expect some server hiccups and addition hot fix patches through the night though. One does not simply download and walk into Janthir...

Okay thanks so much!

This might be the first time I'm actually in time for an expansion launch so I wasn't sure how it all goes down haha.

The process is basically the same as for other updates. If you're in-game when it happens you'll get a yellow notification that an update is available and can either log out to download it right away or wait until the game restarts automatically. 

The only difference is the update is likely to be bigger than quarterly releases so it might take a bit longer to download (how long depends on a lot of factors, including your Internet connection). Then once it's updated at least to the point on the bar marked 'playable' you can log back in and start playing the expansion. (Or any other part of the game, of course.)

If you're not online when it goes live then the game will update when you launch it.

BTW it is possible to pause the download if you need to, and it will resume from where it left off so you won't lose progress by doing that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Very true and for this reason I never play on release night.                                                                                                                                                                    

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Confused 3

34 minutes ago, Andy.5981 said:

Very true and for this reason I never play on release night.                                                                                                                                                                    

I like to give Anet a hard time, but when it comes to releases, they are generally pretty good at giving us something stable.  I'm sure there will be a patch or two today, but nothing that will prevent you from enjoying the new season.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, illuminati.8453 said:

I like to give Anet a hard time, but when it comes to releases, they are generally pretty good at giving us something stable.  I'm sure there will be a patch or two today, but nothing that will prevent you from enjoying the new season.  

Rofl, sure.... from https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/149613-guild-wars-2-janthir-wilds-launch-week-known-issues/ and thanks for the advice I've filed it under B for bin...

Known Issues

• Players are unable to interact with one of the books in the Moonlit Reading achievement. 
  • Some players are experiencing a game crash upon entering the "Attend the Tyrian Alliance Meeting" story instance. 
  • Some vendors and chests are requesting/rewarding Unusual Coins rather than Ancient Coins.
  • Some of the books in the “Life in the Lowlands” achievement are not registering correctly.
  • Some rifts in Lowland Shore do not summon enough minions when activated.
  • Lowland Shore Adventures: Players who exit certain race events after the first checkpoint will experience a stall in adventure progression until the event concludes.
  • During the Decima world boss encounter, the Eruption of Rot effect can stay with a player when they use a jade bot personal waypoint.
  • The progress bar and timer during the Gather Electricity event can sometimes fail to progress after Mist Tide.
  • Audio is not working properly for some homestead decorations.
  • The last Bloodstone Elemental Mauler does not disappear after the “kill bloodstone elementals” event.
  • The Warclaw Run adventure's first checkpoint becomes non-responsive when attempted after completing the race event. Players can resolve the issue by changing maps or relogging.
  • When using the Skysteel Glider, it currently appears directly under the player instead of performing its intended fly-in animation.
  • Some miniatures added with Janthir Wilds are missing audio.  
  • Titan world boss Greer will occasionally remain frozen in a T-pose after entering the warclaw phase of the encounter.
  • Entering decorating mode in your homestead with an engineer kit equipped does not automatically unequip the kit. Players can resolve this by manually dropping it.  
  • In Lowland Shores, if you complete the Harvest Den renown heart before completing the Hunting Outpost renown heart, the conversation window with Vast Caldera (Hunting Outpost Renown Heart NPC) will close immediately upon opening it. This can be fixed by completing the Hunting Outpost renown heart normally, then talking to Vast Caldera again.

Edited by Andy.5981