August 20 patch notes.

Jobber.6348

38 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

He was not part or Anet staff until years later of the GW2 release. Unlike CmC, which brought us the "5 ele PvP meta", I don't think that his biases had impacted  Guardian that much. The main feat of Guardian is being designed as a support class, which is a crucial role in MMOs, and that's why overall Guardian remained relevant in most game modes for so long. It could be argued that ANet is also biased towards Thief in PvP, but the thing is that in a game mode revolving around capturing nodes around the map, high mobility specs will always have a role.

Then suddenly Willbender 😝

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jobber.6348 said:

I've tried a "support" Vindi in sPvP which is basically a Karakosa Blaster.

I won't say it's perfect but it's definitely alot of on-node pressure if you care to try it. Having like 4 Blind Blasts back to back is seriously no joke with EtD. You will use Centaur to Blast Cleanses mainly but a huge amount of your healing is from blasting either with Spear 5 or Mace 3. Spear 5 also resets itself doing Spear things so you have even more blasts. 

Oh yea also swap Mallyx for Jalis if you need less CC and more Stability. You know when you'll need it, when you face a whole buttload of Catas and Necros on the enemy team. In that matchup, going Retribution instead of Invocation is alot more valuable for Dome of the Mist Dark Field combos. Also remember, Spear 4 drops a Dark Field as well. 

I play these just for the funsies and it's really funny to just stand on mid and blast. 

Yea going to give it a try, it looks fun like some sort of core build but then vindi traitlines chosen instead.

And I have been thinking myself about using karakosa relic too but then with with Renegade kalla because also elite fire combi field uptime. Going to try soon with transference sigils + karakosa relic on it too how that will go, very likely going to use then mace/shield instead of shortbow.

1 hour ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Yea going to give it a try, it looks fun like some sort of core build but then vindi traitlines chosen instead.

And I have been thinking myself about using karakosa relic too but then with with Renegade kalla because also elite fire combi field uptime. Going to try soon with transference sigils + karakosa relic on it too how that will go, very likely going to use then mace/shield instead of shortbow.

Vindi OP, can't help it. Versus Retribution, you gain Dome of the Mist but not much else while Vindicator traitline is just packed full of great passive effects for a support class. 

You gain 240 Healing Power from dipping 50% HP when you inevitably get focused and the moment you Centaur swap while being focused like that, you straight up burst heal for almost 3000 HP because Call of the Centaur is not nerfed in PvP. That's legit crazy self preservation. 

Personally tried Renegade already, but with Hammer instead of Spear (this was back before Spear). It was aight I guess. It'll probably be an actual viable healer in PvE for two reasons: 

1. You can basically camp Spear for all the Blast you ever want.

2. You can even Ranged Heal by dropping Spear 4 away from you and Blasting it from range. Sure it's only 600 range but it's really better than saccing your Ventari position on healing an idiot off-stack. In PvE this is about 1350~ Heal per blast x 3 so about 4050 heal at 600 range on some moron who's off-stack. Not too shabby.

Edited by Jobber.6348
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jobber.6348 said:

Then suddenly Willbender 😝

Willbender have been very strong at WvW roaming, and that's... all.

While I enjoy it at PvE due how bursty the burn variants are, the keystrokes x minute are high and the gameplay becomes a little stressful after a while, and the F2 moving you beyond the target and putting you in risk of eating AoEs or falling make WB not ideal (a DH has similar burst potential without constantly moving you across the map). In PvP WB is strong in pug matches, where you can hit an run, but in conformed teams can't endure punish as much as a Warrior or a Ranger and is not as fast decaping as a Thief. WB sucessfully adresses some classic issues of Guardian (mobility) but does it at the cost of losing a lot of support. So is good if you want to play a Thief without moving to a Thief profession, but clearly is not as strong as a FB or even core Guardian at instanced content or WvW zergs.

I'm currently  getting used to the instant cast option for ground skills as Arazoth advised me: 

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Confused 2

Patch note 10 september

Revenant

• Abyssal Blot: Updated damage skill facts to be accurate in PvP and WvW.
  • Abyssal Strike: Reduced the torment duration from 6 seconds to 4 seconds and the Abyssal Raze cooldown reduction from 1.5 seconds to 1 second in PvE only.
  • Abyssal Force: Reduced the Abyssal Raze cooldown reduction from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvE only.
  • Abyssal Raze: Reduced the torment duration from 6 seconds to 4 seconds in PvE only.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

47 minutes ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

Patch note 10 september

Revenant

• Abyssal Strike: Reduced the torment duration from 6 seconds to 4 seconds and the Abyssal Raze cooldown reduction from 1.5 seconds to 1 second in PvE only.
  • Abyssal Force: Reduced the Abyssal Raze cooldown reduction from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvE only.
  • Abyssal Raze: Reduced the torment duration from 6 seconds to 4 seconds in PvE only.

Don't tell me abyssal blot in pvp/wvw does now no damage..., it wasn't even doing that much

1 hour ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

Patch note 10 september

Revenant

Nice. Can someone check if I should already drop spear and go again to mace in PvE? 

Glad it happened sooner rather than later. 54k is ridiculous when everyone else is around 44-46k. I hate being the fotm that all the dps goblins flock to. Just makes you a massive target for nerfs. Thankfully spear got the nerfs and Anet didn't pull an Anet and target all our core traits and legends in order to bring it in line.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

CD reduction nerfs were the most logical ones but the duration nerfs... not so much. But it's duration, so you will just force players to sacrifice sigils and such for Torment duration and we are back where we are. 

They decided not to do Torment stack nerfs surprisingly.

Updated damage skill facts not a nerf I hope? Cos maybe it's confusing for the skill to have a CC hit which does peanuts for damage then the Blot itself doing tick damage.

29 minutes ago, Jobber.6348 said:

Updated damage skill facts not a nerf I hope? Cos maybe it's confusing for the skill to have a CC hit which does peanuts for damage then the Blot itself doing tick damage.

I checked, it doesn't looks like a nerf, rather a tooltip update in the description how much damage it does. Because I see the same numbers in my build, so I guess that's why I think it's a tooltip description update

2 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

I checked, it doesn't looks like a nerf, rather a tooltip update in the description how much damage it does. Because I see the same numbers in my build, so I guess that's why I think it's a tooltip description update

Thank god. Rev cannot suffer another CC-damage removal for competitive, with Spear already being rather difficult to use in competitive. 

About time they made a balance pass on Staff 5 though 😠
If the repeat knockback is too difficult to balance then make it a spinning evasion attack (think Warrior Greatsword spin) that knocks down once while hitting multiple times and then increase its Defiance Damage. After they added the delay, the repeated knockbacks actually ruin the skill functionality as well in PvE, making enemies who are slightly off angle to your charge to just get displaced in the first 2 hits and miss out on all the damage. Terrible terrible skill. 

Edited by Jobber.6348
  • Thanks 1