Phantom Rasor no longer dazes

Gesbo.6420

19 hours ago, Nepster.4275 said:

As far as I know the riffle was designed by a "Mesmer Master" or however they refered to that person, that's all I know about anyone playing mesmer at ANET, tho I doubt this person would be part of the balance team

"Master Master" 🫨

I hope they give us a ticket machine skill next, to combo with the single portal queue on the rifle.

The emergency escape aspect could have been a party only pull much like "Rescue" from FFXIV.

Edited by Varis.5467
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Varis.5467 said:

"Master Master" 🫨

I hope they give us a ticket machine skill next, to combo with the single portal queue on the rifle.

The emergency escape aspect could have been a party only pull much like "Rescue" from FFXIV.

I mean as it is, riffle is kind of a good weapon, has some nice aspects to it, but yeah, the 5th skill is rather useless or well, weird with a bit of resistance it would be better, or maybe something else like stab, since resistance since the change is kind of meh especially in PvE

• Like 1

Mesmer is all over the place in terms of how you play it. Some play Mesmer for the clones others like myself play it for the versatility while most use for the high performing builds.

In terms of Phantom razor I would say it was more on the unpopular side, I only ever saw it in WvW roaming and even then it was a 50/50 if they were a Virtuoso Duelist. 

Dont really justify the odd nerf but it wasn't exactly popular. Should have just made it a confusing stack instead. 

• Thanks 1

Hey ANet,

Why don't you stop nerfing stuff that's viable on a class barely anyone is playing and sort out how oppressive warriors, guardian's and necromancers are in WvW at the moment?

Also genius kid that came up with cripple, I know it was your idea to nerf mesmer and make the ambush trash but next time put 1s chill from each source on and it may work in an interrupt build without being overpowered.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

Hey ANet,

Why don't you stop nerfing stuff that's viable on a class barely anyone is playing and sort out how oppressive warriors, guardian's and necromancers are in WvW at the moment?

Also genius kid that came up with cripple, I know it was your idea to nerf mesmer and make the ambush trash but next time put 1s chill from each source on and it may work in an interrupt build without being overpowered.

Nah they cant nerf the 3 favorite children. I mean, you know how much salt will be produced? Btw you spelled nerf "willbenders" wrong 🙂 As my gildmate sais "bs-profession. And he plays that thief without stealth himself xD

• Like 1

On 8/20/2024 at 1:32 PM, Jeyzer.1605 said:

Sneaky Anet realized it was better to wait until a new weapon was out to drown the negative feedback about dagger deletion under the new spear's praise. 🙂

This way, annihilating dagger won't make as much noise. 

If they really think dagger mirage was broken, they could've done something about it during that whole year. Besides, we all know that what's broken is celestial gear itself, and they haven't done anything about that to nerf harbinger / catalyst. 

So, you can stun enemies with spear 5, enjoy.

11 minutes ago, blitzbirne.2890 said:

Not a power player. You cant use spear in anything except power builds. So thats a pretty lame response for every not power build that got gutted.

I don't think that was a serious comment

And even if it was, using Sp5 for it's stun aspect is weird, especially since you are required to burn two skills for one action, so Sp2+5

5 hours ago, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

Reminder that only the player's Ambush inflicts Cripple. The Clones' Ambush still Daze. Whether that's a bug is up to be seen, but for now it can be said that Dagger Ambush gains Cripple, in addition to its previous effects.

It most definitely will be fixed and the daze removed... just pisses me off the half-assed tradeoff and the half-assed implementation of the nerf. Double the halfassery man...

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Nepster.4275 said:

I don't think that was a serious comment

And even if it was, using Sp5 for it's stun aspect is weird, especially since you are required to burn two skills for one action, so Sp2+5

The 5 does refresh the 2, though, so while it takes a bit of extra time to land the stun, your use of Sp2 is effectively free.

12 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

The 5 does refresh the 2, though, so while it takes a bit of extra time to land the stun, your use of Sp2 is effectively free.

I mean, yeah that's true, but also depends 

If we are talking about PvE content aside from open world, then most likely Sp5 is being used for the said Sp2 refresh so with SoE for 2x Sp4 which basically leaves you without a CC

On the other hand, there isn't much to burn the buff you get from Sp2 anyway aside from 4 or 5, but using 2+5 just for one effect is weird, if you know what I mean, regardless of that, what you said is true, but my point was rather the fact that you need to burn the Sp2 buff in order to CC

In PvE then Spear 4 already does decent CC through Immobilize, so you don't really need to do the awkward 2+5.

But honestly I'd trade Spear 5 conditional Stun with something more defensive, since yanking yourself in the middle of a mob pack with 0 defense is almost suicide. It gets worse when the mob pack is actual players in PvP/WvW. Without Clarity then Spear 5 is assisted suicide button, but you don't gain Clarity with Spear 2 if you don't hit something, and if you do hit something with Spear 2 then you become too close to the enemies for Spear 5 to become effective.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2024 at 9:42 AM, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

Reminder that only the player's Ambush inflicts Cripple. The Clones' Ambush still Daze. Whether that's a bug is up to be seen, but for now it can be said that Dagger Ambush gains Cripple, in addition to its previous effects.

Don't post this on here lmao

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1