Fool me thrice...

1 minute ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Yeah but far more beautiful and immersive. And I say that as a fan of Grothmar. It’s up there with one of their best designed maps. A no meta, chill, relaxing map has been overdue and they excelled themselves here

Such a shame it's boring as heck.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I agree, for how down I am on the story and enemy design, I'm actually loving the environments and level design so far. An absolute breath of fresh air after so many big, empty, maps with really frustrating traversal gimmicks. You aren't forced to use any one specific mount, it's nice to swoop and fly around, there are a few well thought out air currents to use for flight or glide and even the other land mounts besides the warclaw are useful. Plus it's just pretty to look at.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, darkwombat.3695 said:

In Janthir one heart for the whole zone which takes forever.

I don't think we played the same Expansion.

I'm a hardcore raider but I'm really enjoying the story this time. The dialogue is very well written and voiced (even the german synchro). Furthermore, the new maps are absolutely beautiful with distinct zones and terrain and packed with actually good events and other content. I don't feel like fighting copy pasted enemies anymore like in SotO.

Edited by Radiancee.6537
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

An MMO should be about lore and exploration. Let me discovery whats going on and the history by exploring. Show, dont tell.

I don't know exactly what you're criticizing. Were you even on the map?

I think the artistic, visual quality is very good, especially on the first map (I was only on the second for a short time). There are things to explore. The map finally feels alive again and the "show don't tell" principle is implemented very well on the map.

17 hours ago, Futa.4375 said:

I still gave you the benefit of the doubt after EoD and again after SotO but I'm sorry: you haven't learned anything. This time it's an immediate refund for me.

I too was very skeptical about JW after EoD and SotO. And there will probably be a lot of things I criticize about JW in the future.

But currently I can say: just what I saw on the maps of the first two maps justifies the purchase price for me.

Not everyone will like the maps. And unfortunately they still have a few bugs. But you can't say that they have poor quality.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Scar.1793 said:

They are quite rare and the longest one is from vanilla (A Realm Reborn), lasts for about 20-25mins but is actually a good sequence that is memorable to this day. The others last 10mins max.

Every cutscene or dialogue can be skipped. You can't do that with Guild Wars 2.
If you want to dogpile on another game, fine, but at least get the correct info before doing so.

I wasn't dogpiling, but ok? "Such devastation (to your delicate sensitivities) was not my intention."

The last time I played ARR story (not ffxiv itself, which I am currently playing along with GW2), it was something close to 40 minutes, and they nerfed it later. Frankly, Praetorium needs a dialogue crunch even now because getting that in the msq roulette is pain and suffering. 

I wouldn't mind seeing a dialogue skip in GW2, Genshin Impact, HSR, and more. 😂 

Or back when a zone had 12 hearts. In Janthir one heart for the whole zone which takes forever.

In the first map there are not one but three hearts. In the second map are also three hearts. With a new mechanic where you increase your reputation by repeating it. Have you even taken a closer look at the map?

BTW: The hearts were introduced back then (before the release) to give players from other games who were overwhelmed with free exploration a little support. as a kind of stationary mini quest line.  The hearts of the base maps quickly became annoying when you did them several times (e.g. to complete the map). Which is why Anet left them out of the following maps at some point. That's why you should actually be happy that Anet added them to the map if you love doing hearts. And there is a lot to discover on these maps even without additional hearts.

• Like 3