Homesteads character NPC

I want my characters to stay where I left them, whether they're emoting. They're sitting, etc. I want them to stay in place when I came back with my other characters. 
What is up with the required flowers? I understand the nature of housing and the grinding in most games, but this one takes it up to 11. 
Otherwise a very chill expac. I really liked it personally. Dialogue is super slow though.
I do wish we have larger room to invite other people to your homestead like at least 10 people.

• Like 3

The feature with alts is pointless in my eyes if you can't place them where you want. They'll just camp at either the grotto or in some other dev-chosen spot.

And indeed, if you leave the homestead and come back, their position is reset.

Infusions also aren't shown, unlike it was said during the livestream. At least for both primodus left & right eye infusions. Haven't tested the others.

Edited by Scar.1793
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'd like the ability for the medium armor character that rides the raptor to also respond to Follow Me.  I can understand it might conflict with the Pet command on the raptor, but getting all my 9 characters together is the desire.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Scar.1793 said:

Infusions also aren't shown, unlike it was said during the livestream. At least for both primodus left & right eye infusions. Haven't tested the others.

I didn't see the livestream, but back items don't show up either.

8 hours ago, Lyssia.4637 said:

I didn't see the livestream, but back items don't show up either.

They said infusions should show up, but no back items as the alts becomes NPCs and they don't have backpieces (apparently, but I'm pretty sure some do to showcase the legendary Fractal/WvW backpieces).

• Like 1

I was shocked in the presentation video before as the told NPCs moving back to this hiding place. We know GW2 always had only static, non-moving NPCs all over the world. Other Games can do better and let's walk them around or disappear at night. But I also wanted to see my characters where I left them or to stay inside my house. Walking, Sitting, Sleeping in Beds like any other housing game can do.

The skyscale could fly over the area as we don't have a button to jump on our animals while they inside their stable. Why are strangers sitting on my pets ?

• Confused 2

Not been to Janthir Wilds yet, was excited for NPC's in Homestead; but all this new information has made me very doubtful.

Please bring good news and tell me that the Homestead has/allows the following:

1) You can use NPC's/Alt's as Punching bag/DPS golem in some sort of improvised Decorated Arena.

2)You can play "fetch" with the NPC's/Alts; and they are the ones that need to Fetch the Tiny roller beetle.

3)You can Challenge NPC's/Alts to a game of Poly Mock. After that the decorated top 3 winner podium.

4)You can Challenge NPC's/Alts to a game of rock paper scissors.

5)NPC's/Alts will mow the Lawn for you/ will water the plants. /feed your Mounts.

6)NPC's/Alts will actually make usage of places furniture like Chairs, etc.

7)NPC's/Alts will greet you with a /wave or /cheer  /bow.  upon visiting Homestead.

Well? what say you traveler?

Edited by Noidea Incognito.9607
  • Like 1

I don't really mind where they stand in the homestead. What I am disappointed at is that is that ANet took the character select screen version of our characters, not the way they look in the game. No back items, no weapons, no infusions (none, it seems: Ember, Peerless, Primordus' Eyes, Celestial, Koda's Warmth, not even the legendary trinket effects). Also, is it me or does it only shows a maximum of 5 of your charactes at any time? I have 7 parked in my homestead right now, but when I go there with one of them I only see 5 of my characters instead of 6. Maybe it's to prevent the instance being filled with NPC's for those who have the maximum amount of character slots on their account, but I would have liked to see all my characters there (a modest 23 in total).

But yes. ANet, please add back items and infusions to character NPC's in our homestead, to make them look the way they actually look in the game when we play them. Weapons would be nice too but not essential, I guess, since we're technically at home and wouldn't have to be armed at all times.

In my homstead is showing 9 alts. 

• The warrior and Guardian are near the front of the house (The revenant also use to be there but I'm using him now).
  • The elementalist, necro and mesmer are in the high cave, (Not the same of the mining, but an smaller one that is at the north)
  • The ranger, thief and Engineer are in the forest behind the house (Going to the portals zone).
  • A 2nd thief is mounting the raptor.

1 hour ago, Noidea Incognito.9607 said:

Not been to Janthir Wilds yet, was excited for NPC's in Homestead; but all this new information has made me very doubtful.

Please bring good news and tell me that the Homestead has/allows the following:

1) You can use NPC's/Alt's as Punching bag/DPS golem in some sort of improvised Decorated Arena.

2)You can play "fetch" with the NPC's/Alts; and they are the ones that need to Fetch the Tiny roller beetle.

3)You can Challenge NPC's/Alts to a game of Poly Mock. After that the decorated top 3 winner podium.

4)You can Challenge NPC's/Alts to a game of rock paper scissors.

5)NPC's/Alts will mow the Lawn for you/ will water the plants. /feed your Mounts.

6)NPC's/Alts will actually make usage of places furniture like Chairs, etc.

7)NPC's/Alts will greet you with a /wave or /cheer  /bow.  upon visiting Homestead.

Well? what say you traveler?

I like the suggestions, I'm also craving for more support uses for my guys. Specially loving the Punching DPS training, I would love train with my characters more than training with the impersonal golem.

I though maybe can place them in some workshops so they could provide small benefits to the account. (Like, if someone is on the writting table, then you get 3% extra of experience, or if someone is on the strategy battle map, you can get an extra damage for 1 day on a specific zone, etc...)

But, well, I neither want to illusionate a lot. Time will say what the developers will bring.