No Janthir exit in the Homestead

Really? We cannot go shopping in the next village?

I saw only 3 exists:

• back to previous map (i.e. the map where you placed your door, which can be placed anywhere)
  • to Wizards tower
  • to Lion Arch

Why no exit to Lowland Shore? You cannot even zoom out the map to use a WP in Janthir.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wonder if it will be added as a later mastery update in the next November installment?  Was the Wizards Tower portal scroll available with the first or second installment?  (I didn't get to playing through that far until after the second update.)  There was chatter in a map I was in this morning that it was an effort to keep down alt farming and such, but obviously, that's hardly the most reliable source, although with the new crafting mats, I could see that making sense.  Or perhaps a gemstore lounge might be coming later.

Just now, Lyssia.4637 said:

Wonder if it will be added as a later mastery update in the next November installment?  Was the Wizards Tower portal scroll available with the first or second installment?

Wizard's Tower scroll was available on expac release. So it makes no sense that there isn't a teleport to Janthir with this release.

Not being able to leave the homestead to Janthir is such a weird choice, it would've been the perfect answer to instead of adding another scroll but no, you just can't get to Janthir despite the homestead being in Janthir.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dayra.7405 said:

You cannot even zoom out the map to use a WP in Janthir.

I suspect (hopefully) the reason you can't zoom out is because they want the house to be in a non descript location which can change with gem store items.

Hopefully we'll have a bunch of different instances to choose from, I want an instance with Dessa's lab vibe, imagine a magical door taking you to your home in some floating islands in the mists where you can just enjoy fragments of the past in other islands as your porch view.

• Like 1

Just now, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

This is actually a bug--I'm sorry you're running into this! I've got it on the Known Issues list and we're working on a fix. Hang in there just a bit longer--we're planning to ship the fix as soon as we can. (I'm also going to pop this over to the game bugs forum)

Thank you for letting us know!  I have a ton of alts, so I really appreciate you passing that on.  Now I don't have to pay my daughter in ice cream for letting me taxi them all.  😄

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BrightWingedBat.6829 said:

Wizard's Tower scroll was available on expac release. So it makes no sense that there isn't a teleport to Janthir with this release.

Not being able to leave the homestead to Janthir is such a weird choice, it would've been the perfect answer to instead of adding another scroll but no, you just can't get to Janthir despite the homestead being in Janthir.

its almost more like the perfect answer to not having new guild halls since the guild hall was usually in new maps. (minus soto) or at least the vibe of what people are saying more closely aligns to that.

there were previous maps that didn't have a portal scroll to it at first, though honestly i don't remember if that was an oopsy or bug or on purpose.

Edited by Kelly.7019