JaW has been great, but...

We just failed the follow-up to Winding Kant's event because we literally could not focus on the boss. There were SO many adds spawning, all spewing out a ton of that purple/yellow boon corruption, constantly pulling focus off the boss and killing anyone not trying to kill them. Plus the boss was hypermobile, so good luck CCing, and it had that obnoxious red light/green light mechanic that needs to die

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Neathra.1950 said:

We just failed the follow-up to Winding Kant's event because we literally could not focus on the boss. There were SO many adds spawning, all spewing out a ton of that purple/yellow boon corruption, constantly pulling focus off the boss and killing anyone not trying to kill them. Plus the boss was hypermobile, so good luck CCing, and it had that obnoxious red light/green light mechanic that needs to die

I failed that very same event too!! It was nuts, Im hoping they go back and tweak this cuz oml

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Sounds.3456 said:

I failed that very same event too!! It was nuts, Im hoping they go back and tweak this cuz oml

We found a method that works

Trying to fight it using conventional strategies gets you perma-corrupted, near-perma CC'd, perma-blind (Red/Green Light), high-DPS aoe's everywhere, physical barriers everywhere, boss leaping everywhere, and endless spawns. It's nearly impossible to survive everything without moving, and half the time you can't move due to Red/Green Light.

Enter the Warclaw:

1. When the boss spawns, everyone gets on Warclaw and Spear-throw+Chain-pull repeatedly until it's broken.
  2. Madlad DPS for as long as possible (no Red/Green Light means minimal blind)
  3. Seconds before Defiance bar comes back, everyone run away and re-mount Warclaw, repeat steps 1-2

Basically keeping it perma-exposed so it can't do red/green light trivialized the event, and being able to mount and run away in combat with the Warclaw means if you think you're going to die, hop on your mount and GTFO.

The barriers also only extend so far up, so jump-jump with the Warclaw and you can toss your spears right over it into the surprised Titan's idiot face.

It's not perfect, but it needs a tactics change on our part with is really cool.

Edited by Geoff Fey.1035
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

We found a method that works

Trying to fight it using conventional strategies gets you perma-corrupted, near-perma CC'd, perma-blind (Red/Green Light), high-DPS aoe's everywhere, physical barriers everywhere, boss leaping everywhere, and endless spawns. It's nearly impossible to survive everything without moving, and half the time you can't move due to Red/Green Light.

Enter the Warclaw:

1. When the boss spawns, everyone gets on Warclaw and Spear-throw+Chain-pull repeatedly until it's broken.
  2. Madlad DPS for as long as possible (no Red/Green Light means minimal blind)
  3. Seconds before Defiance bar comes back, everyone run away and re-mount Warclaw, repeat steps 1-2

Basically keeping it perma-exposed so it can't do red/green light trivialized the event, and being able to mount and run away in combat with the Warclaw means if you think you're going to die, hop on your mount and GTFO.

The barriers also only extend so far up, so jump-jump with the Warclaw and you can toss your spears right over it into the surprised Titan's idiot face.

It's not perfect, but it needs a tactics change on our part with is really cool.

Very clever. The red/green light mechanic still needs to die.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

To whichever loser is peeking in this thread just to post "Confused" emojis: Contrary to what you might think GW2 can absolutely have flaws and a criticism of those flaws especially on something so new is not a personal attack. I don't get how someone can come in here and go "Huh????" to anything said here. It is absolutely, objectively an issue that should be addressed at some point. If the build I use to solo Spirit Vestibule is struggling against titans because Im constantly having to condi cleanse and even then Weakness is the last one ever removed so my damage is always hindered anyway, there's a problem. Generic enemies in the open world should be different and challenging, sure, but not the random fodder. Condi cleanse should not be a major ask against things weaker than veterans.

• Confused 4

3 hours ago, Zoid.2568 said:

I got like 20 confused emojis on a post I made. Bunch of trolls.

Personally I'd love for you to have to explain what made you confused. Might be enough work that it would stop most of hte trolls. 

• Confused 3

Again, ignore them, the emojis are meaningless.

There is no downvoting, your post doesn't become less visible. If anything, it makes your post more visible if people haven't turned off the notifications for them.

1 minute ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Again, ignore them, the emojis are meaningless.

There is no downvoting, your post doesn't become less visible. If anything, it makes your post more visible if people haven't turned off the notifications for them.

This.

Those confused emoji mean that people are paying attention to what you said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2