So are pre-order players going to get three more glyph boxes?

8 hours ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

U are wrong.

One could easily build a case here in EU because of presale, this is some third world sheananigans that would pass only in NA. 

you'd be laughed out of court. no decent lawyer would even take the case.

You'd have to demonstrate you got less than what you were advertised, point to something you thought you were getting that you did not get. and you cant. For many pre-orders, they got more than they thought, as 3 glyph boxes in exchange was only offered later.

It might offend your sense of fairness, but you have no legal case here, at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 5

16 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

Or perhaps they shouldn't worry about placating the whiners who are just going to whine about the solution anyway . . .

People were pretty fine with being able to turn their tools in for tools+glyphs. The problem is entirely that anet gave future copies of the game glyphs+tools that they could trade in for tools+glyphs. Then they stealth patched it in a way that apparently broke it so people who hadn't turned their tools in yet now can't. They have literally chosen the most needlessly complex solution to this problem every single time, all while not communicating with people about what's going on.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Hence my comment. If they'd just left it alone to start with, there wouldn't have been a problem. Instead, they tried to give ppls something for nothing, which was a nice gesture, but ppls have refused to accept it as such . . .

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

On 8/24/2024 at 5:03 AM, Banim.8495 said:

I don't think it's fair to the paying customers who did pre-order and put their trust in Anet to get less benefit than those who bought the deluxe pack after pre-orders were over. Either take the extras away or give everyone the same. But leaving it as is just does not sit well with me.

I paid the same I want the same.

actually, you paid more - from a accounting pov. You gave the money earlier = less interest for you and more interest for Anet. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

actually, you paid more - from a accounting pov. You gave the money earlier = less interest for you and more interest for Anet. 

… but again- did anyone get less than what was advertised? No. No one has been cheated. Some people got an unintended bonus, but no one has been cheated

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, rune.9572 said:

Any news? You disabled the exchange and then radio silence. Don't expect people to just forget about this.

You said you opened a ticket, has that ticket been closed without any resolution . . ?

And another question not to you specifically but just generally: If the ppls who did not get glyphs with their skins and were not able to exchange their tools during the available window are able to receive their glyphs from support, but then some players abuse that solution as well and wind up with nine glyphs instead of three, would you feel the issue resolved or would anet then "owe" everyone nine glyphs . . ?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/23/2024 at 8:49 AM, Kinurak.5307 said:

I dont think that is how it works? they updated the tools you get with the duluxe editions to contain glyphs. i think the tyools fromthe deluxe editions (if bought now) have a different ID so cant be turned in for addional glyph boxes.

That is how it works, if you purchased the expansion after launch, you get a set of glyphs in the mail and you can go do the turn in

• Like 1

This deserves to be bumped all the way to the next expansion's announcement and pre order period, if it doesn't get resolved fair and square. As much as I love GW2, the way this is handled doesn't really incentivize anyone to pre order again.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

It's amazing how much turmoil envy produces.

They'd better fix errors. The ones that annoy you every day. And don't waste time on things like that.

On 8/24/2024 at 1:12 PM, Parasite.5389 said:

no one is making profit from this, only some extra glyphs for alt characters

Literal.
The demand to buy glyphs will sink with more account bound glyphs around.

Good for some, bad for others.
A money sink more shallow.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Tula.6021 said:

They'd better fix errors. The ones that annoy you every day. And don't waste time on things like that.

They don't fix those either, though. There are still exploits and issues that have been in this game for years, if not verging on a decade in some cases, that haven't seen so much as a fix or acknowledgement. Like this one, the staff just kind of ignore them. Like that one exploit that let a mesmer spec be invincible in wvw and pve, that was just ignored until a reddit post got big and drew a lot of attention to it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Hello! Thought I’d post in here as I had troubles trading these at the black lion npc - I removed the glyphs out of the eldritch tools and then I swapped the harvest and axe but the mining one was missing from the list. Raised a ticket and 48 hours later they refunded me a glyph container which I received today. 

• Thanks 1