Can we please get the option to remove/hide Mechanist Ninn (and other squatters) from our Homestead?

I did not realize that when we were getting Homesteads, it would also come with squatters. I have nothing personal against these NPCs, but I'm sure I and others would prefer if they would stay in our regular home instance as opposed to tagging along with us to Janthir. There is no dialogue or explanation offered as to why or how they found themselves there, and they don't offer any services related to homesteads.

Mechanist Ninn serves no purpose in the homestead after we've finished the associated side story achievements/quests. And if you talk to him, he says his data pad is on the table when it's actually on the floor in our workshop. Go home, Ninn, you're drunk.

Ridhais, at least, offers a service (changing Caladbolg's form) unlike Ninn so I can understand wanting to have her in the home instance. However I don't think it's one that people use on a frequent basis so the option to hide her would be nice.

M.O.X. is cool, I don't have any problems with him personally but I do wish we could move him to other areas of the homestead and the option to hide him would be nice for the people who don't want him there—if any such people even exist.

Edited by Teletric.3821
  • Like 11
  • Confused 1

I didn't even know M.O.X was in my home instance nvm homestead and I don't like the spooder that snuck in with him either. Plus the talk of cats that I don't have is weird. I wouldn't mind hiding him either. 

• Like 2

On 8/23/2024 at 6:00 PM, Spiral.3724 said:

100% agree. 

MOX plays music but I still want to hide him. And his spider friend, ick.

I'd like to be able to add more to MOX's music selection. Though if they were going to go that route, it might be easier to clone the Sun Refuge jukebox golem for adding more music to him easier.

• Like 4

I'll be happy if Ninn moves his data pad from the floor, and if that one Kodan gets down from my raptor. It feels really weird to have some random NPC on my raptor when I haven't been able to talk to this guy at all. At least give me some M.O.X.-like storyline where I meet this Kodan and invite him to come care for my mounts before you suddenly put him on top of one... And please, give the guy (gal?) a name, for Mother's sake. Now they're just called 'stabled raptor' when I mount up. That's just... Wrong.

I'm getting significant Upstairs/Downstairs or Downton Abbey vibes by suddenly having a stable boy/master, and I'm not digging it. What am I paying this guy for him to take care of my mounts in my absence? It appears to be absolutely nothing. That's exploitation in the least. Is he even here voluntarily? He seems rather stoic, doesn't respond to my attempts at interaction. That gives me the icky feeling he's not here by choice. That's not just exploitation, that's slavery, or at least indentured labor.

I do not want exploitative practices in my home, thank you very much.

Edited by Flowersunshine.7385
Adjusted some repetitive phrasing.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Belize.2906 said:

I wouldnt mind having at least someone as a black lion trader or even a banker guy. That way I can access both from the homestead instead of having to pop in and out. 

People have said you can access bank from the handicraft station same as any crafting station.

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't have problem with having any npcs in my Homestead... except for that stable Koden. I cringe every time I see his heavy oversized body riding on my poor raptor 😠

WHO GAVE HIM PERMISSION TO SIT ON MY MOUNT?! Can I fire him?! There is this hygiene concern too when a stranger shares your mounts! Do you see your horse caretaker taking your horse for a ride? 

Please give us an option to permanently dismount him or better still FIRE him and kicked him out of our homestead and banished him from Lowland Shore.

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sugar Min.5834 said:

Honestly, I don't have problem with having any npcs in my Homestead... except for that stable Koden. I cringe every time I see his heavy oversized body riding on my poor raptor 😠

WHO GAVE HIM PERMISSION TO SIT ON MY MOUNT?! Can I fire him?! There is this hygiene concern too when a stranger shares your mounts! Do you see your horse caretaker taking your horse for a ride? 

Please give us an option to permanently dismount him or better still FIRE him and kicked him out of our homestead and banished him from Lowland Shore.

Actually, in my country girls often voluntarily take care of other people's horse, like mucking out the stables, because in return they got to ride them. The horse needs exercise. So yes: we do see horse caretakers taking the horse for a ride.

But that is with permission of the owner ofc. And I do not yet know this Kodan and have not given him permission.

Edited by Flowersunshine.7385
Typo
  • Thanks 1