Homestead Decoration materials rarity/prices

There are a lot of homestead decorations that need items that rarely drop from gathering nodes, those items are now about 5g+ each some even more expensive on the trading post. Please arenanet revisit the needed materials and check where they come from and how much they cost on the trading post. Then either change the recipe or increase the drop chance. 

Edited by Raseus.2543
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

Agreed. Requesting to pin topic.

Right now homesteading is not worth it due to bugs and overpriced materials. I'm not against revisiting old maps for mats in fact its encouraging to go back to them. Why should I try getting into homestead when nearly as bad a gold sink as Guild Halls are? Mind you guild hall decorations are considered a GROUP effort meaning you could have either 10 or 1000 members pitching in.

But homesteads are individual instances meaning its mats should be scaled towards an individual.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raseus.2543 said:

There are a lot of homestead decorations that need items that rarely dropfrom gathering nodes, those items are now about 5g+ each some even more expensive on the trading post. Please arenanet revisit the needed materials and check where they come from and how much they cost on the trading post. Then either change the recipe or increase the drop chance. 

Example of which materials? 

Because whatever anet does right now doesnt matter. The materials will go up and down like crazy next few weeks until it settles. 

There are people who bought thousands of cheap materials now selling for a big profit. 

Edited by Cronospere.8143
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Those stupid rare mushrooms, wood cores, etc. that you almost never see actually drop but were previously mostly useless.

You might check your guild storage. Our guild had stacks of those to be used for scribes. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Example of which materials? 

Because whatever anet does right now doesnt matter. The materials will go up and down like crazy next few weeks until it settles. 

There are people who bought thousands of cheap materials now selling for a big profit. 

search the TP for "lump core" you need those for crafting some trees and plants
then if you want to craft mushroom check out "giant mushroom spore" you need that for every mushroom and there is probably even more stuff

• Like 2

It's definitely taken some of the wind out of my sails. I play pretty casually so I don't have a massive stockpile of rare materials or gold to blow on my Homestead, nor am I in a big guild with a lot of resources. It's also just painfully artificial. Why do I need a rare crystallized orb dropped from the corpses of Jormag's most powerful champions to make a birdbath? The wood cost alone is already fairly hefty for basic furniture.

The cost seems like it's going to be massive for what amounts to a hang-out space for me and my friends.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ehecatl.9172 said:

It's definitely taken some of the wind out of my sails. I play pretty casually so I don't have a massive stockpile of rare materials or gold to blow on my Homestead, nor am I in a big guild with a lot of resources. It's also just painfully artificial. Why do I need a rare crystallized orb dropped from the corpses of Jormag's most powerful champions to make a birdbath? The wood cost alone is already fairly hefty for basic furniture.

The cost seems like it's going to be massive for what amounts to a hang-out space for me and my friends.

I'm lucky to have tons of gold but even for me its a bit much, before I got the efficiency upgrades the conversions also felt a bit too much but with the upgrades its really not an issue anymore. But those special items are really toooo much. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Raseus.2543 said:

There are a lot of homestead decorations that need items that rarely drop from gathering nodes, those items are now about 5g+ each some even more expensive on the trading post.

I must have made over 100 gold by now selling new mats that I stumble on because people can't help themselves, day one I was selling honey flowers for 30 silver each, give it a couple of months and these will drop below 2 silver.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

I must have made over 100 gold by now selling new mats that I stumble on because people can't help themselves, day one I was selling honey flowers for 30 silver each, give it a couple of months and these will drop below 2 silver.

Which are easily farmable and with guaranteed drop chance. None complains about those. 

People complain about Lumber ores and Giant Mushroom Spores which drops  very rarely. I tried it, from 100 tries of each, trees and mushrooms, I know it drops from pods too but I did not try that, I got exactly 0. That is what is wrong imo, especially when its needed to decorations that 99% of players will want to make, trees.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raseus.2543 said:

search the TP for "lump core" you need those for crafting some trees and plants
then if you want to craft mushroom check out "giant mushroom spore" you need that for every mushroom and there is probably even more stuff

They might become even more expensive since you need the 4th stage of the mastery to unlock those recipes 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

Same here. This was the fastest gold farm in the first few days. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I know that this will be unpopular but I hope the rarity remains and retains the market value of the materials so that those without interest in player housing can get more out of the expansion as well.

but you don't get those from the expansion, you get them very rarely from mostly HoT areas so rare you can hardly farm them 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

Sadly this is the choice i have made, I am going to log in daily and collect my materials from homestead, weekly collect my time gated materials, and then not touch decorating my homestead for a year, which is a disappointment, it was the Only thing I was looking forward to, but maybe in a year things will be better, and I will actually be able to build like they showed in the preview videos, Right now what they showed you can do is impossible!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, MysticalGoddess.8637 said:

Sadly this is the choice i have made, I am going to log in daily and collect my materials from homestead, weekly collect my time gated materials, and then not touch decorating my homestead for a year, which is a disappointment, it was the Only thing I was looking forward to, but maybe in a year things will be better, and I will actually be able to build like they showed in the preview videos, Right now what they showed you can do is impossible!

Just a warning.. there will be a ton of new decorations coming out at later patches.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Some materials for decorations even require Legendary Weapons collections. I wanted to buy the Lump of Beeswax needed for the Chandelier just now until I saw that it's only sold when you have completed the Frostfang III collection. I'm not going to start a collection for a Legendary Weapon to get a chandelier... Stuff like this and the rather meh decorations already make me regret buying this expansion... I was expecting that we could just buy some furniture like the ones in Divinity's Reach (like in FFXIV)...

Edited by Kasumi.8532
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kasumi.8532 said:

Some materials for decorations even require Legendary Weapons collections. I wanted to buy the Lump of Beewax needed for the Chandelier just now until I saw that it's only sold when you have completed the Frosfang III collection. I'm not going to start a collection for a Legendary Weapon to get a chandelier... Stuff like this and the rather meh decorations already make me regret buying this expansion... I was expecting that we could just buy some furniture like the ones in Divinity's Reach (like in FFXIV)...

My guess is that this one is just overlooked thing from devs. It makes even less sense than super rare mats.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

My guess is that this one is just overlooked thing from devs. It makes even less sense than super rare mats.

They should really look at the requirements before release then... I don't know if it's intended or not since the chandelier for the guild hall costs 50g. Maybe they don't want devalue it.

Edited by Kasumi.8532
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Kasumi.8532 said:

Some materials for decorations even require Legendary Weapons collections. I wanted to buy the Lump of Beewax needed for the Chandelier just now until I saw that it's only sold when you have completed the Frostfang III collection. I'm not going to start a collection for a Legendary Weapon to get a chandelier... Stuff like this and the rather meh decorations already make me regret buying this expansion... I was expecting that we could just buy some furniture like the ones in Divinity's Reach (like in FFXIV)...

Holy kitten and I was just about to go scouting for that too...

Basic/mundane decor should not be treated like collectable trophies like this.  And honestly I am a bit disappointed that there isn't a basic library of easily accessible/cheap decor like we have in xiv and had in wildstar.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Yeah, they could have gone for some underutilized materials.  There are plenty of those.  But apparently it made more sense to require super rare materials and things that require unlocking collections for completely unrelated things instead.  Because you know nobody ever crafted furniture out of...wood, for example.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Yes it needs a lot of adjustment. Like for example account bound lump of beeswax, you cannot get it unless you unlock frostfang III achievement. That's quite a lot of step just to get some beeswax. I tried farming sawgill mushroom to get the mushroom spore for the last two days with no luck at all and I was using all kinds of booster that is available in the game.  I farm lumber daily for years across all maps to craft legendary weapons, and I only got lumber core probably twice during all those times. So please, make an adjustment of drop rates to these crucial items.

• Like 4

I had big expectations, but requirements amazing, we already need to grind for armors, weapons etc. Plus now these requirements for homestead... Im sure only few people can afford for every 100 players. As I remember Wildstar home system was more accessible, easy to make things... But gw2 homestead was just hype for me until I see requirements 🙂

Edited by Kunzal.5640
  • Like 3

Right now is likely worst case for TP material prices. Demand is high, probably near peak, while supply is low because no one has a stockpile and a high proportion are keeping materials for their own use.

Prices of tradeable materials are almost certain to drop.

• Like 1