Stuck in 3. Home Sweet Home

Why can't the quest check, if you already have a bed?

I am now stuck. the 1st bed I produced and placed to fast.

Then I followed quest order, but the 2nd bed I produced did not counted as well.

I don't want to build a 3rd and maybe 4th and ... bed.

Also a problem: the instance doesn't save progress, you build wood, notice you need more flowers, leave to buy/collect them, you need to build wood again.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

Also a problem: the instance doesn't save progress, you build wood, notice you need more flowers, leave to buy/collect them, you need to build wood again.

Huh? I made wood, noticed I need flowers, left to get some, then I had the wood when I got back.

Which bed did you make? I think there are 2 beds. If I recall, the quest asks you to make a "Traditional Kodan Bed." Avoid making the "Kodan Fancy Bed." The difference between the two is subtle in terms of text, but the bed has something that the NPCs are supposed to comment on.

Edited by Quench.7091
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

Then I followed quest order, but the 2nd bed I produced did not counted as well.

As Quench stated, you need to craft the rustic version, not the fancy one. I agree that it's a bit of an oversight to not have this specified anywhere in-game but only on the Wiki.

1 minute ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

As Quench stated, you need to craft the rustic version, not the fancy one. I agree that it's a bit of an oversight to not have this specified anywhere in-game but only on the Wiki.

I think it says it inside the events panel, but it is something that a player can easily overlook. I looked up bed in the crafting search, saw two beds, then had to reread the objective to make sure I didn't mess up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Quench.7091 said:

I think it says it inside the events panel, but it is something that a player can easily overlook. I looked up bed in the crafting search, saw two beds, then had to reread the objective to make sure I didn't mess up.

Yeah, I don't remember that well, but I do remember consulting the Wiki immediately when I saw two bed options. Good thing the Wiki exists. 🙂

• Confused 1

Kind in mind if you reply the story with another character the bed crafting is skipped but you cant place your bed or its not noticed by the game if you already placed it with a character before. If you placed your bed in homestead outside the marked area you can not access it from any other room as all doors locked, even if they should already be unlocked. So you need to pickup the bed you already placed somewhere else and move it outside the locked area to pick it up again for complete with any other replay character, as you not able to craft as this is skipped correctly but the bed placment part is not skipped even if you done it before.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2024 at 12:45 PM, Dayra.7405 said:

Why can't the quest check, if you already have a bed?

I am now stuck. the 1st bed I produced and placed to fast.

I don't want to build a 3rd and maybe 4th and ... bed.

There is a similar bug in the bug section, and I wasn't able to progress because the game didn't crafted the bed even with all the materials, I resolved with a workaround, I asked a friend to do the same story instance for me and I joined his story and simply accepted the progress at the end. Hope this help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, NaramSin.2693 said:

There is a similar bug in the bug section, and I wasn't able to progress because the game didn't crafted the bed even with all the materials, I resolved with a workaround, I asked a friend to do the same story instance for me and I joined his story and simply accepted the progress at the end. Hope this help.

Smart!

• Like 1

Hi there friend - I had to do this too, for the same reason.  Have you also found that none of the items you make after that get put in storage, either?  I've made a total of 3 of those beds, 1 potted shrub, and a utensils rack, and none of them show up in my storage 😞